• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The good AR10 builders?

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I know gap is good but who else? What about Fulton Armory? Any other builders? I prefer one that can do a match barrel with the build.

Re: The good AR10 builders?

Noveske is outstanding. I have a AR-10 Noveske in .308win with a 21" barrel. The lower is Armalite, handrail is Noveske and I understand he uses PacNor SS Super Match barrels. I'm very happy with the service, build quality, and accuracy. John N. did some repair work on it for a cycling problem and the cutomer service he provided was very good. Rifle shoots blistering groups with 175gr BH and HSM ammo.

I think he is hard to get hold of these days, and I'm not even sure they are taking new build orders right now.

We use Rock Creek barrels on our AR10's. So, if you decide to buy from us you can support two Hide sponsors with one build.
grin.gif

You may want to look into Larue. I have some of their 223 uppers. It is really good stuff. I would recommend that you stick with the DPMS standard (Larue, Fulton Armory, and GAP to name a few). The magazines are more readily available.

I plan on having Jered at American Precision Arms do my AR-10. He knows ARs backwards and forwards, and his dedication to quality will get you a great shooting AR-10.

+1 on the Noveske. In fact, I am waiting for Noveske N6 uppers to get back in stock so *I* can get one too! Noveske says they are temporarily halting production of N6 (AR-10 compatible) uppers and lowers until the Armalite parts shortage is over.

Per Noveske as of last week it will be 1 year on 7.62 uppers. I know I am waiting. Kahlen Arms builds a great one and i am gonne buy a LaRue while I am waiting for my Noveske to try it out. The stealth 223's are outstanding. No substitue for GAP and Jared is wonderful. Can't go wrong with either Jared or George!

Is Noveske even taking names for a waiting list??? That's gonna be one huge bum rush when they start selling again... haha