• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Greatest Game

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Remember it well. It was a cloudy, gray, dark Sunday. Finished church, finished lunch and watched the game. My father was rooting for the Giants. Why? I will never know. But I was quite young (yes, once upon a time I really was young). It was some game. Johnny Unitas, one of the finest to ever touch a football.

Whether it was the greatest, that is for you to decide. Me, though, I did not get to see it, beleive it or not, this game was so important in the State of Louisiana, our 5th grade teacher even read us poems written about it. About ”The Run.” Halloween Night, could you expect anything less

The Greatest Game

The Run

Last edited:
I'm to young for that game. For me its was as a kid growing up in Denver suburbs. For some reason I was a 49ers fan. Looking back I guess it was because I liked Montana. I bet a ton of friends at school and family, basically every dollar I had and then some, on the 49ers /Broncos super bowl. I cleaned house when they whipped their ass 55-10. It was awesome sitting at my cousins house watching the game. They were huge donkeys fans. Uncle Kent had an old '55 step side Chevy painted orange with the orange crush broncos logo, etc. Watching the 49ers mop the floor with the Broncos was amazing as the whole rest of the family sunk into the carpet and I jumped for joy collecting all their money and their dreams of a broncos win. Aunt Shari yelled at me the whole time that I better shut up when Rice ran yet another TD pass in the end zone. I called the truck the 49ers truck from then on since its was a '55, pissed them off for years. Now I haven't watched a football game in at least 5 years and couldn't give a shit less but that game was awesome.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Alan Shepard smacked golf balls on the Moon — and now we know where they landed. When the Apollo astronaut said his second shot went "miles and miles and miles," that was a bit of an exaggeration. In the annals of golf history, Alan Shepard's shots from the lunar sand may be the most famous swings ever taken ?

Reactions: Maggot
Remember it well. It was a cloudy, gray, dark Sunday. Finished church, finished lunch and watched the game. My father was rooting for the Giants. Why? I will never know. But I was quite young (yes, once upon a time I really was young). It was some game. Johnny Unitas, one of the finest to ever touch a football.

Whether it was the greatest, that is for you to decide. Me, though, I did not get to see it, beleive it or not, this game was so important in the State of Louisiana, our 5th grade teacher even read us poems written about it. About ”The Run.” Halloween Night, could you expect anything less

The Greatest Game

The Run
Johnny U was one of the greats, but the game I remember best is when 'Broadway Joe' Namath beat them, after telling them he would. Truly, the game was won by the field goal kicker Jim Turner.

www.nytimes.com › football › jim-turner-deadJim Turner, Who Kicked the Jets Into Super Bowl History, Dies ...

Jun 14, 2023 · Jim Turner, who fulfilled Joe Namath’s prophecy that the New York Jets would win Super Bowl III in 1969 by kicking three field goals and an extra point, making him the game’s leading
I'm to young for that game. For me its was as a kid growing up in Denver suburbs. For some reason I was a 49ers fan. Looking back I guess it was because I liked Montana. I bet a ton of friends at school and family, basically every dollar I had and then some, on the 49ers /Broncos super bowl. I cleaned house when they whipped their ass 55-10. It was awesome sitting at my cousins house watching the game. They were huge donkeys fans. Uncle Kent had an old '55 step side Chevy painted orange with the orange crush broncos logo, etc. Watching the 49ers mop the floor with the Broncos was amazing as the whole rest of the family sunk into the carpet and I jumped for joy collecting all their money and their dreams of a broncos win. Aunt Shari yelled at me the whole time that I better shut up when Rice ran yet another TD pass in the end zone. I called the truck the 49ers truck from then on since its was a '55, pissed them off for years. Now I haven't watched a football game in at least 5 years and couldn't give a shit less but that game was awesome.
Montana was another great but I've often wondered if he would have been as great if he hadnt had Jerry Rice. That man was a phenomenal athlete, perhaps the best to ever play his position.

That was a great game. I couldn't stand John Elway back then. The media was always going on and on about him.

I did root for the donkeys when they beat the Packers. Pack fans are the worst.

• Sad
Reactions: 748rpilot