• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The HIDE is under attack!

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    Brothers and sisters,

There is an onslaught of brand new accounts posting inflammatory rhetoric and feeding into the tensions on this site.

We’re being manipulated, and are falling for it far too easily. Operate under the assumption that you’re being baited. The internet is forever, and you are NOT just thinking and speaking for yourself on these forum, regardless of what you may believe to the contrary. YOUR words can and will be used against ALL of us when the media takes their gaze off Social Media and starts scrutinizing sites like the Hide.

This is what these people want to see. They want screenshots and links to inflammatory content that they can point to and post on their TwitFace InstaBook accounts.

Let’s not make this site, this community, and all 2A supporters look bad. We need to be above reproach during the worst of times.

In other words, don’t be a willing stooge for the Left Wingnuts.

Last edited:
    Brothers and sisters,

There is an onslaught of brand new accounts posting inflammatory rhetoric and feeding into the tensions on this site.

We’re being manipulated, and are falling for it far too easily. Operate under the assumption that you’re being baited. The internet is forever, and you are NOT just thinking and speaking for yourself on these forum, regardless of what you may think to the contrary. Your words can and will be used against ALL of us when the media takes their gaze off Social Media and starts scrutinizing sites like the Hide.

This is what these people want to see. They want screenshots and links to inflammatory content that they can point to and post on their TwitFace InstaBook accounts.

Let’s not make this site, this community, and all 2A supporters look bad. We need to be above reproach during the worst of times.

In other words, don’t be a willing stooge for the Left Wingnuts.
    Good catch brother....Look for the low post count baiters.

Dang, I look like that!....but been a member for a while.

Shit, I've been looking at anyone who joined after 2016 as suspect for years. If you weren't here before the move to scout, I don't trust you ;)

ETA: Unless I've met you. No offense to any newer members that I've dealt with in person. Just know that at one point, you were suspect! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
    Political talk needs to be 500 post minimum before you can even see it. You shouldn’t be on the hide for political talk.

I don’t think even a pay wall will work because I’m sure plenty of reporters, troll masters, etc will pay the $15 to get behind the wall.

Maybe have advertised all political talk is banned then put it behind the pay wall.

Either way I think we need better OPSEC with our political talk. So much of what is said can come back to bit all our asses and needs to be harder to get too.

I clicked this expecting too see something about all the anti gun laws they are trying to pass

Or all the anti 1A, pro censorship crap going around

But that’s not what it was about...

This is a gun form, most here obviously are pro bill of rights and for smaller government, and pro 2a, the media and left, and big gov already hate us, they already want to ban firearms and for us to be silenced, there is NOTHING you can do to make them like you, regardless of what you say, or are scared to say, they will not stop until they even ban gun emojis lol

silence is where freedom goes to die

I clicked this expecting too see something about all the anti gun laws they are trying to pass

Or all the anti 1A, pro censorship crap going around

But that’s not what it was about...

This is a gun form, most here obviously are pro bill of rights and for smaller government, and pro 2a, the media and left, and big gov already hate us, they already want to ban firearms and for us to be silenced, there is NOTHING you can do to make them like you, regardless of what you say, or are scared to say, they will not stop until they even ban gun emojis lol

silence is where freedom goes to die

Just spitballin’ here, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you’ve completely missed the point of the original post.

But by all means, carry on.

I've watched this going on all Summer. This may well be some of that foreign "interference" that we've been told of. Not really interfering, but causing social unrest by provocative post and internet arguing. Works great, some on here get quite heated up. I've seen a few well known members banned as their emotions got the best of them. Some of these trolls are likely professional provocateurs who are good at what they do.

I've watched this going on all Summer. This may well be some of that foreign "interference" that we've been told of. Not really interfering, but causing social unrest by provocative post and internet arguing. Works great, some on here get quite heated up. I've seen a few well known members banned as their emotions got the best of them. Some of these trolls are likely professional provocateurs who are good at what they do.

I think a lot of the Anti-2A bills are being filed for the same reason. Tie us up fighting legislation that is not likely to succeed while they slip pork and graft into other bills.

Political talk needs to be 500 post minimum before you can even see it.
    Shit, I've been on here for 8 more years than you and I haven't hit 200 posts. I think there's a lot of lurkers and people that don't generally post unless they have something important to say.

It's usually pretty easy to weed out the bots and posers. A 12 month probation is probably all that's needed. Hackers and propaganda spreaders generally have pretty short attention spans.

Steve??? I thought it was Carl???

Ive always said we must stand together. The worms that are sowing the seeds of discontent here are working. And thats the playbook some are using to destroy OUR nation.

Damn, some of us are just here for the great shooting information. Everybody’s got to be new sometime.
    I’ve been shooting forever, but just got into long distance. Got the wife and four daughters into it too. Now that is reinforcing the base for the future right there!
    Gonna be funny when my daughters out shoot their men and teach them how to be prepared during their lives.

I've been seeing it on glocktalk pretty strong since the start of covid.

A troll shows up, older members respond to their troll crap, then troll plays the victim, appeals to the mods and gets the older member banned.

While I believe this is a conscious effort to remove people from their social media circles, I also think there is a more sinister end game to their trolling.

Almost every state haas talked about redflag laws and I believe some of these trolls are intending to goad people into saying threatening things to the troll so that they can be dox'd and turned into local law enforcement with the intent on using red flag laws to remove their guns.

I know this sounds paranoid, but our information is permanent and just waiting out here to hang us.

I've been seeing it on glocktalk pretty strong since the start of covid.

A troll shows up, older members respond to their troll crap, then troll plays the victim, appeals to the mods and gets the older member banned.

While I believe this is a conscious effort to remove people from their social media circles, I also think there is a more sinister end game to their trolling.

Almost every state haas talked about redflag laws and I believe some of these trolls are intending to goad people into saying threatening things to the troll so that they can be dox'd and turned into local law enforcement with the intent on using red flag laws to remove their guns.

I know this sounds paranoid, but our information is permanent and just waiting out here to hang us.
    Some people have a hard time believing the proven fact that Soros and his ilk have actually hired people to infiltrate gun and other sites to disrupt and even report inflammatory responses to the authorities.

Shit, I've been looking at anyone who joined after 2016 as suspect for years. If you weren't here before the move to scout, I don't trust you ;)

ETA: Unless I've met you. No offense to any newer members that I've dealt with in person. Just know that at one point, you were suspect! :ROFLMAO:

No offense taken, but just so we are on the same page, know that I don't trust any of you either. :unsure:

First thing i do now when in the pit and see other baiting people is check sign up dates.
    If its 2020 and all of their posts are in the pit i hit ignore.
    I only know they posted when i see some quoted them. Like Horta did.
    Some threads are bare with so many new posters on ignore but then i see a quoted new member and realize it was all bait and propaganda.

Shit, I've been on here for 8 more years than you and I haven't hit 200 posts. I think there's a lot of lurkers and people that don't generally post unless they have something important to say.

It's usually pretty easy to weed out the bots and posers. A 12 month probation is probably all that's needed. Hackers and propaganda spreaders generally have pretty short attention spans.
    Don’t think I need to add more.

Well, personally, I think that is a bullshit idea. I have been on here almost 7 years and do not have the time to post on everything. I think I have around 100 posts in that time. Just because you have time to hang out on the internet, doesn't mean everyone else does. I have a job that requires a lot of travel. And, instead of posting on here, I hunt, shoot, fish, spend a lot of time with family, etc. - actual, REAL activities.
    Been here 7 years and yet all you have done is post naked pics of your wife and comment/like on pics of other men’s wife’s in the past 2 months and make stupid posts in political threads.

yep don’t feel bad keeping you out of the club house.

Thanks for bringing that to everyone’s attention. It’s easy to get caught up in all of this. I have to admit I feel sad, disgusted by my fellow ga voters, angry at the state of the USA all at once. I love this country and it’s sad seeing it busting at the seams.

Eh, shooting is great and I disagree with most of you on politics. Makes for interesting reading and gives me some insight into the meta some of you are operating in. All the inadvertant desire for safe spaces and group think on display from a group of rugged individualists is an amusing bonus.

So at least for me, less of an invasion and more of a trip to the zoo.

Eh, shooting is great and I disagree with most of you on politics. Makes for interesting reading and gives me some insight into the meta some of you are operating in. All the inadvertant desire for safe spaces and group think on display from a group of rugged individualists is an amusing bonus.

So let’s say uncle joe, and aunty kalama decide that sniper rifles are evil and are only designed to kill people at 1000 yards away. Nobody needs one. You going to rethink your decisions?

So let’s say uncle joe, and aunty kalama decide that sniper rifles are evil and are only designed to kill people at 1000 yards away. Nobody needs one. You going to rethink your decisions?

Unlikely, but I'm also capable of distinguishing reality from fever dreams - it'd be all the more reason to work on rebuilding a sense of gun culture within the Democratic party and make non-partisan arguments against the government monopoly on violence. I agree with a lot of the surface level criticisms that are frequently parroted here, but disagree with how many of you arrive at them. 2A advocates have been making a decades long miscalculation by strictly aligning themselves with the GOP and allowing their identity as single issue voters to be sold to them by their handlers. It's a superficially effective tactic that'll undermine the goal of preserving 2A in this country.

Unlikely, but I'm also capable of distinguishing reality from fever dreams - it'd be all the more reason to work on rebuilding a sense of gun culture within the Democratic party and make non-partisan arguments against the government monopoly on violence. I agree with a lot of the surface level criticisms that are frequently parroted here, but disagree with how many of you arrive at them. 2A advocates have been making a decades long miscalculation by strictly aligning themselves with the GOP and allowing their identity as single issue voters to be sold to them by their handlers. It's a superficially effective tactic that'll undermine the goal of preserving 2A in this country.

That's a surprisingly cogent argument.

You are not welcome here.

Typical liberal. Belief in his own superiority over others, looking down his snotty little nose at all those “lesser people”.

Pound sand, get lost.

2A advocates have been making a decades long miscalculation by strictly aligning themselves with the GOP
    hahaha...this is hilarious.....WTF else would we align with...the Dem liberals who have fought for 40 years to restrict our gun rights and who bend the English language beyond any reasonable meaning to justify their assault on the 2A.

You are not welcome here.

This ^^

3DFAE0E6-9F0B-4261-A804-674D7C6C1F45.jpeg

Reactions: obk and TheHorta

What a bunch of bull and what an elitist attitude. The right doesn’t tell us that they want to take away our guns every year or campaign to actually strip away our rights. Here is a little refresher just in case you forgot what Biden/Harris platform is.

Here is Joe Biden wanting to come after your AR14s.

Then you have the moral issues like giving kids hormones to transition themselves while they are still kids. Like it’s ok to loot, riot, and kill as long as it fits their political narrative. Its also ok to kill babies that will survive outside the womb just because the child isn’t wanted. Or legalize hard drugs just because they don’t want to deal with the problems they cause. Or that pedophilia is ok because they can’t help it. Every single bad area I know to live is a democratic run area with drugs, homelessness, and violence running rampant. I could go on and on. You can go pound sand.

We are always under attack, just not like you think
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 2.37.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 2.38.27 PM.png

nothing new...

But to calm any fears, we are not seeing any increase in random registrations, people joining, etc,

Watch though, Social Media is exacting revenge on Conservatives removing them from platforms, this is only gonna get worse. People who put their faith in places like Facebook to create groups are gonna be in for a treat, watch....

Here is Joe Biden wanting to come after your AR14s.
    Yeah, and @giegs think we ought not to align with just the GOP....yeah, I'm sure we all want to sign up for Biden's outrageous anti-gun platform. NOT!

@giegs - have you actually read Biden's positions on gun rights? And if so, you still advocate gun owners align with other than the GOP? Wow....now that is some real cognitive dissonance right there, mate.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
    Here’s an idea! How about 300-500 post or more before anyone can even go into and view anything but a technical thread. Also could make their avatar a certain color like pink until they get up to a certain post count just so people can be aware. There are things that can be done to combat this why they are not is beyond me. Anybody who is truly into firearms and shooting long range will stick around anybody who will not is just here for the bullshit anyway.