• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Honey Badger

Shady_Jay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2006
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qsclhKhAss"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qsclhKhAss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: The Honey Badger

My favorite part is when he takes a minute long nap after getting bitten by the cobra, he is just that awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't know CKA was narrating videos now. </div></div>

Sounded a little more like Frank to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUDE- where do you fnd this shit! LMAO! What key words are you typing in to find this stuff! </div></div>

I saw this about a week ago, and if he found it at the same place I did, or anywhere near it for that matter, you are better off not knowing.

The animal is cool as hell, but the narrator was making me ill. WTH.
sick.gif

How can a 30 pound HONEY BADGER get bitten by venemous snakes and stung by tons of bees and survive?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can a 30 pound HONEY BADGER get bitten by venemous snakes and stung by tons of bees and survive? </div></div>

'Cause he's such a badass he don't give a shit.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can a 30 pound HONEY BADGER get bitten by venemous snakes and stung by tons of bees and survive? </div></div>

See below, pretty interesting. Looks like it's fat is the key.

"The Hedgehog, the Mongoose, the Secretary Bird, the Honey Badger and a few other birds feeding on snakes, are known to be immune to an ordinary dose of snake venom; whether the pig may be considered so is still uncertain, although it is well known that, owing to its subcutaneous layer of fat, it is often bitten without ill effect."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can a 30 pound HONEY BADGER get bitten by venemous snakes and stung by tons of bees and survive? </div></div>

"The Hedgehog, the Mongoose, the Secretary Bird, the Honey Badger and a few other birds feeding on snakes, are known to be immune to an ordinary dose of snake venom; whether the pig may be considered so is still uncertain, although it is well known that, owing to its subcutaneous layer of fat, it is often bitten without ill effect." </div></div>

I know we had some info passed around last year to the effect that rattlesnakes were rettling less often. Apparently the freal hogs we have here would hear the rattle and go kill and eat the snake.
I think that for whatever reason some animals are resistant to some snake's venom. I think I remember that cobras are not affected by another cobra's bite.
It looks like the Honey Badger was affected but overcame it with no ill effects.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can a 30 pound HONEY BADGER get bitten by venemous snakes and stung by tons of bees and survive? </div></div>

"The Hedgehog, the Mongoose, the Secretary Bird, the Honey Badger and a few other birds feeding on snakes, are known to be immune to an ordinary dose of snake venom; whether the pig may be considered so is still uncertain, although it is well known that, owing to its subcutaneous layer of fat, it is often bitten without ill effect." </div></div>

It looks like the Honey Badger was affected but overcame it with no ill effects.

Jim </div></div>

Yeah, it looked almost like he had to rest for a few while the toxin was metabolized or whatever you would call the process. Either way, they look like tough little bastards and make for great shaving brushes.

They are very cool creatures, and tough as nails. In the actual show they had a segment where a lion was trying to kill one of them. Eventually it got it, but the little badger didn't make it easy and went out fighting. Impressive and respectable.

Who do you think would win?

Chuck Norris vs Honey Badger

Chuck Norris has a honey badger on his face, so obviously it's a trick question.

Hey I have more beard than CHuck Norris does and I don't think I could take a Honey Badger bare handed.

Would you rather wrestle you own weight in Honey badgers or one of Shanksters girls?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you rather wrestle you own weight in Honey badgers or one of Shanksters girls?</div></div>

Bring on the Badgers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNOTES</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Bagers</span> are awesome. Cool video </div></div>

Badgers too.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNOTES</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Bagers</span> are awesome. Cool video </div></div>

Badgers too.
grin.gif
</div></div>

And Bagels. Don't forget bagels are good too.

Jim

Thanks CKA for posting that...damn that was funny....it's good to start the day with a laugh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The animal is cool as hell, but the narrator was making me ill. WTH.
sick.gif
</div></div>

Didn't y'all recognize the narrator? That's Steve Erwin's twin brother Gaius!

Actually Chuck Norris is a reincarnated Honey Badger.
On a side note I saw one of these bad ass lil focker's when I was on my plains game hunt last year. Cool animal
Encore tribute:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8D99-5axzEA&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8D99-5axzEA&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Its a damn garbage disposal on four legs is what it is... That little shit eats more than one of shanks girls...