• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The hottest piece of 'glass' photo thread...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
Post up your favorite piece of glass here. Any rifle any glass.

I'll start with the my newest acquisition, an SN-3.. there is no more beautiful scope than this one. (Thanks NBot.MN!)

Specs:
SN3-3 T-PAL 3.2-17x
44mm Fixed Objective
34mm Tube
OD Green Anodizing
Mil Scale GAP Reticle
11 POS Rheostat RED
EREK 1cm@100m-Elevation
US#3 105 Click-Windage

L1040599.jpg

L1040600.jpg

L1040602.jpg

L1040593.jpg

L1040594.jpg

L1040595.jpg

L1040596.jpg

Re: The hottest piece of 'glass' photo thread...

M45 very nice,but i dont know if you noticed this or not.I think the bolt is on the wrong side.....lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post up your favorite piece of glass here. Any rifle any glass.

I'll start with the my newest acquisition, an SN-3.. there is no more beautiful scope than this one. (Thanks NBot.MN!)

Specs:
SN3-3 T-PAL 3.2-17x
44mm Fixed Objective
34mm Tube
OD Green Anodizing
Mil Scale GAP Reticle
11 POS Rheostat RED
EREK 1cm@100m-Elevation
US#3 105 Click-Windage

</div></div>

Nice scope, I am waiting for my SN3 Mil/Mil...

Nice rifle as well! How do you like that Atlas bipod?

Here are a few that you guys probably have never seen, and most likely never will again!

1X Prototype for FBI
363761248.jpg

SN-3 10-42X, 80mm
363761246.jpg

John III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1510.jpg

This is my favorite,
5-25 S&B PMII
</div></div>

Cool rest.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John - what was the 10 - 42x built for? </div></div>

my money is on NASA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John - what was the 10 - 42x built for? </div></div>

my money is on NASA </div></div>

Hubble replacement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John - what was the 10 - 42x built for? </div></div>

my money is on NASA </div></div>

Hubble replacement. </div></div>

Nah.... Door gunner on the space shuttle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post up your favorite piece of glass here. Any rifle any glass.

</div></div>

Nice scope, I am waiting for my SN3 Mil/Mil...

Nice rifle as well! How do you like that Atlas bipod? </div></div>

The Atlas is very nice. Haven't used it much yet- overall seems pretty slick. I did a thread in the equipment section that seems to have disappeared. If I can find it- I'll link you.

M.45

That's the sickest thing I've ever seen! My problem would be the black-eye I would receive from my girlfriend when she found it on her pillow.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John - what was the 10 - 42x built for? </div></div>

Shawn McKenna.

Baseball bat!

M.45

Because I hate myself, could you tell me how much that bad-ass cost?

-Pat

Look familiar M.45? Mine is at USO now getting a tune up. Dust on reticle, little stuff. Mine is a Canadian.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look familiar M.45? Mine is at USO now getting a tune up. Dust on reticle, little stuff. Mine is a Canadian. </div></div>

Hey, why does yours have that line on the rear tube? I want that!

What makes it a Canadian?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John - what was the 10 - 42x built for? </div></div>

Baseball bat! </div></div>

That's what I was gonna say!!!

But since you said it first, I'll go with police baton.

And I thought my friend's SN3 3.2-17x was big the first time I saw it...

superseal, whats the wait time on one of those bad boys?

Premier S&B PMII 3-12x50 MTC P4 fine/GAP AR10.
IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

Not super sexy or "hot" but a workhorse that just plain works which is more important to me. Great glass, matching knobs and reticle, zero stop and illuminated MLR reticle and most important tracks perfectly everytime. Nightforce 3.5-15x50 F1 FFP in Nightforce Ultralite rings on the GAP Templar 6.5 Creedmoor.
P3040436.jpg

P3040434.jpg

I'll 2nd Rob with another 'lowly' NXS. Got my 25Wizzer all up for bangin' plates and 'chucks and think it looks pretty slick with the 3.5-15x50 NP-R1 sitting on it. Shoots like a mofo...
turkey09026.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look familiar M.45? Mine is at USO now getting a tune up. Dust on reticle, little stuff. Mine is a Canadian. </div></div>

Hey, why does yours have that line on the rear tube? I want that!

What makes it a Canadian? </div></div>

Got me on the line thing. Does help with seeing were elevation is at while in position. What makes it a Canadian? Not completely sure. Previous owner or USO said so... Can't remember which. It meets all the specs of the canadians. They were a run USO made while going for a Canadaian scope contract, I believe. Sweet scopes. The parallax is tighter than most to meet a submersion spec....

Maybe John or someone from USO can refill us in on what makes them "Canadian" much better than I can.

The "Canadian" was a model that we made for the guys up in Canada, just a combo of different options that made up the scope. Here are the specs as I remember them;

SN-3 3.2-17X TPAL
34mm tube
Canadian MIL-Scale reticle
Lit reticle
EREK 1/10 MIL
U.S.#3 1/10 MIL with stop
OD Green
Laser etched line on rear tube
2" sunshade w/ARD

The 10-42X was made to be a competiton scope, maybe it was Shawn McKenna???? Anyway, the reason we don't make them is that the total MOA adjustment in the scope was like 40MOA, and that is with a 35mm tube. The knobs were super fine too, I think 1/10 MOA, yes MOA not MIL.

The 1X was a prototype for the FBI if I recall correctly. It was basically two eyepieces with an erector between them. Custom housing made by myself on the manual mill and lathe. Build like a tank it was!
John III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.............The 1X was a prototype for the FBI if I recall correctly. It was basically two eyepieces with an erector between them. Custom housing made by myself on the manual mill and lathe. Build like a tank it was!
John III
</div></div>
Pretty slick.
So I should be able to order one for like $100.00 right?
laugh.gif

It does look pretty beefy.

HAHA, might get you the eyepiece only! Oh ya, and I might need to borrow that trusty hacksaw tool that you use on the Leupold's.
wink.gif

John III

JW - I'd like to see you get on board with the next one of these that is built!!!!! I think USO can do it!!

art.hubble.gi.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHA, might get you the eyepiece only! Oh ya, and I might need to borrow that trusty hacksaw tool that you use on the Leupold's.
wink.gif

John III </div></div>
Just having fun with you, and no you can't borrow my tools....they are for "custom" work!
laugh.gif

Yeah, and that sexy little green number with the MST-100 that belongs to Patton63 is a hottie!

Not that fancy, but it sure works:

Nightforce 12-42x56 Benchrest
WSM 7mm
Joel Russo stock

d3073701.jpg

I love how everyone refers to their NF's as "plain" or "nothing fancy"... LOL

No big deal NF 3.5-15x50 Mlr/mil Zero stop and S&B 3-12x50 pmII DT.my personal favs.
nxsandsb.jpg