• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE HOUSTON HERALD - Now that's Gun Control....

nock

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas USA
A TRUE STORY FROM....."THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER" IN HOUSTON , TEXAS MARCH 5th, 2009

Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, A Woman From Houston , Texas Was Arrested, Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter for Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back As He Was Running Away With Her Purse.

The Following Monday Morning, The Woman Was Called In Front Of The Arraignment Judge, Sworn In, And
Asked To Explain Her Actions.

The Woman Replied, "I Was Standing At The Corner Bus Stop For About 15 Minutes, Waiting For The Bus To Take Me Home After Work. I Am A Waitress At A Local Cafe.

I Was There Alone, So I Had My Right Hand On My Pistol, That Was In My Purse, That Was Hung Over My Left Shoulder.

All Of A Sudden I Was Being Spun Around Hard To My Left. As I Caught My Balance, I Saw A Man Running Away From Me With My Purse.

I Looked Down At My Right Hand And I Saw That My Fingers Were Wrapped Tightly Around My Pistol.
The Next Thing I Remember Is Saying Out Loud, " No Way Punk! Your Not Stealing My Pay Check And Tips."

I Raised My Right Hand, Pointed My Pistol At The Man Running Away From Me With My Purse, And Squeezed The Trigger Of My Pistol 6 Times!

When Asked By The Arraignment Judge, "Why Did You Shoot The Man 6 Times?

The Woman Replied Under Oath, "Because, When I Pulled The Trigger Of My Pistol The 7th Time, It Only Went
Click.

The Woman Was Acquitted Of All Charges, And She Was Back At Work At The Cafe, The Next Day!

Now that's Gun Control....

Re: THE HOUSTON HERALD - Now that's Gun Control....

I wish, but I think not.

Awesome...did they say how many round she hit the guy?

Don't know about this one. First off, the Houston paper is the "Houston Chronicle." I live in the Houston area and haven't heard anything about this.

sounds like BS to me. she was in no danger as the dude was hauling ass away from her. I can see why she did, but legally I don't buy it. shooting the guy in the back as he is running away, off to jail she goes.

Unless things have changed in Houston in the last few years, I think not. Downtown Houston wasn't gun friendly when I lived there.

The Houston Chronicle is the big newspaper. The Herald exists, although these days maybe primarily online.

However to 328 RII's post: Texas gives you the right to protect your property with a firearm as well, not just your life, so perp running away isn't technically an issue. Although, I can't recall if it's only after sundown and before sunrise.

if it's true. Kick ass!