The Impending Three Gorges Dam Collapse

brianf

Private
Belligerents
Apr 8, 2010
NY
Never take for granted the power of the uninformed especially when they are aggressive.

lariat

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
If your supply chain involves a location below that dam and you don’t have secondary suppliers set up you have not been paying attention. The flood catches more than rice.

Maggot

Kill a Commie for Mommy
Belligerents
Jul 27, 2007
Now, the "Business World" is starting to take notice of the flooding.

Hobo

In a way thats a heart breaker because the ones getting hurt are the little guys like you and I. It wont affect Xi and his comrades. If the damn dam breaks it will wipe out millions of small b people. Given what china has unleashed on the world its hard for me not to pray for rain in China. Lots of it.

Redmanss

Belligerents
Aug 24, 2010
Northeast Wyoming
In a way thats a heart breaker because the ones getting hurt are the little guys like you and I. It wont affect Xi and his comrades. If the damn dam breaks it will wipe out millions of small b people. Given what china has unleashed on the world its hard for me not to pray for rain in China. Lots of it.
Don't worry, they're communists. The collective will save them.

Krob95

TFG
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
NoCo
  • Haha
Reactions: Maggot

navynambu

Peace, if we can manage it.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2017
Anasazi Land
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Krob95

BytorJr

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Those 737's nacelles are really close to ground and one of those photos shows just how close.

hermosabeach

Betty Ford Center
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2012
Betty Ford Clinic
The dam it is one of the few man-made structures on Earth that's visible to the naked eye from space, according to NASA. Completed in 2006, the body of the dam is immense. It is 181 meters (607 feet) tall and spans 2,335 meters (1.45 miles) across the Yangtze just before the deep, narrow valley gives way to plains.

Then there's its accompanying hydropower plant, which was completed in 2012 and has a generating capacity of 22,500 megawatts, or more than three timesthe capacity of the Grand Coulee Dam, the largest in the United States.

—-
my biggest concern is the libtards will use this dam as a reason to never allow another dam to be built in the US again

plong

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2010
Ohio 44685
my biggest concern is the libtards will use this dam as a reason to never allow another dam to be built in the US again
Yeah... well, I’m afraid that ship has already sailed. I don’t think you’ll see another substantial dam built in the US again in our lifetimes. The libtards have already said as much. They have a stated goal to “restore” as many of the rivers where existing hydro dams are operating as possible.
No nuclear, no coal, no oil, no natural gas... Carbon emissions doncha know... No dams... looks like it’s gonna be solar and wind or candles from now on out...🙄!

Last edited:

Disfunctional_Engineer

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
Yeah... well, I’m afraid that ship has already sailed. I don’t think you’ll see another substantial dam built in the US again in our lifetimes. The libtards have already said as much. They have a stated goal to “restore” as many of the river’s where existing hydro dams are operating as possible.
No nuclear, no coal, no oil, no natural gas... Carbon emissions doncha know... No dams... looks like it’s gonna be solar and wind or candles from now on out...🙄!
There'll be some endangered whatever in the way that there will be a 20 year lawsuit over; Basically what happened to the nuclear industry; Hell they're going to close 2 nuke plants where I am and 2 more are highly threatened.