• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Irishman

We did, here. Other than some 'history', I don't recommend this one at all. Even when the end credits started, we were both still waiting for something to happen. Three and a half hour movie.... Can't get that time back.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I liked it. Pacino and Pesci were awesome but Anna Paquin gave them all an acting lesson. Less is more.

It was a marathon.

Edit: I thought it was Pacino's best work I've ever seen.

It was alright. Very long. Great to see many of the actors again in those roles. Deniro was a little too old for many of the physical scenes. Didn’t look too good.

I saw it. Pretty boring but not too hard to watch. Certainly not the best mob movie, hardly so at all, but still a half decent flick.

I liked it but it could of been trimmed up a little bit. Fairly predictable movie but I enjoyed watching Pesci again I haven’t seen him for awhile in anything.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Watched it. Was ok but not to the level of vintage Scorsese. Plus there is some doubt if Frank Sheeran had anything to do with Hoffa’s murder all, let alone being the trigger man.

Watched it. Was ok but not to the level of vintage Scorsese. Plus there is some doubt if Frank Sheeran had anything to do with Hoffa’s murder all, let alone being the trigger man.
Don't get your point. Sheeran, at least in the movie, clearly shots Hoffa twice in the neck.

Don't get your point. Sheeran, at least in the movie, clearly shots Hoffa twice in the neck.

Yea we watched the same movie, which is based on the book “I heard you like to paint houses” . The book asserts Sheeran shot Hoffa and played a material role in setting him up...

The point is, there is doubt amongst Hoffa researchers and others if that is actually true.

Make sense?

Don’t take my word for it, google is readily available.

Reactions: LastShot300
I’m halfway through Goodfellas 2 right now. Better than I thought it would be. Who knows if it has anything to do with reality, but it’s a decent miniseries.

We did, here. Other than some 'history', I don't recommend this one at all. Even when the end credits started, we were both still waiting for something to happen. Three and a half hour movie.... Can't get that time back.

Really? I think you should watch it again maybe... The first time it didn't rub me well and I fell asleep but the second time I watched it I thought it was a masterpiece. A really good movie IMO.

Bucket of shit movie for old fucktard leftist actors who have done nothing but play "gangsters" for the last 40 years. Plotless garbage.

It's actually based on a book Sheeran wrote/co-wrote called "I Heard You Paint Houses". So it follows that story. Big directors also have a stable of actors they use in most of their movies and he does a lot of gangster movies with these guys. Screw their politics, I don't care. Fact is those guys make the best gangster movies, period, and always have.

Surprised, I figured more of you guys would have been in to this movie. I liked it and so did my buddy.

Really? I think you should watch it again maybe... The first time it didn't rub me well and I fell asleep but the second time I watched it I thought it was a masterpiece. A really good movie IMO.

It's actually based on a book Sheeran wrote/co-wrote called "I Heard You Paint Houses". So it follows that story. Big directors also have a stable of actors they use in most of their movies and he does a lot of gangster movies with these guys. Screw their politics, I don't care. Fact is those guys make the best gangster movies, period, and always have.

Surprised, I figured more of you guys would have been in to this movie. I liked it and so did my buddy.

Yeah, what's not to like? A bunch of fucktard leftists who hate guns, hate America, hate the president, treat women like shit, abuse their fans every chance they get and generally are no better than a shit stain in a hobo's underwear. So they mindlessly walk thru another bullshit script pretending to blow up CG crap and a vague Hollywood rendition of reality. :unsure:

The only thing we know is truthful or maybe partially factual is that there were people with the names of the characters who actually existed in that time period.

Reactions: BJG56
Overall a good flick. I don't agree with the actors's politics either but if you only watch films with actors you align politically with, you're gonna be limited to SpongeBob and Bugs Bunny.

Reactions: phlegethon
I liked it.
I wasn’t alive during the Jimmy Hoffa days, so I found the story interesting. Very long, but didn’t bore me at all.

Anyone seen it yet?

I watched it but with that liberal dickhead De Niro in it, well all i see is a liberal dickhead. Now when i watch god father, deer hunter, goodfellas, etc all i see is an entitled, stupid, mother fucker. So the movie sucked, not because of the writing, but because of this dick head.

This is exactly the way I feel.. 3.5 hours of BORING AS FU*K. I don't know how accurate the story is, but at best it is a very long boring history lesson. I was actually expecting a lot more with the cast and director.

I was a Teamster during the late 70s early 80s. All the Teamster brothers took turns carrying Hoffa's remains around for about two weeks and then we'd pass it on to another driver. Last time I saw him he was westbound in the backend of a Roadway Express trailer.

As far as the movie was concerned, the first time I watched it I must have passed out at some point because I had to watch it a second time for it to sink in. At 3.5 hours it was too long.

I saw Deniro, Pacino, Scorcese, et.al sitting around in an interview telling each other how great each other were. Fucking actors - all they do is play make believe and they think it's some great accomplishment.

Last edited:
I was a Teamster during the late 70s early 80s. All the Teamster brothers took turns carrying Hoffa's remains around for about two weeks and then we'd pass it on to another driver. Last time I saw him he was westbound in the backend of a Roadway Express trailer.

As far as the movie was concerned, the first time I watched it I must have passed out at some point because I had to watch it a second time for it to sink in. At 3.5 hours it was too long.

I saw Deniro, Pacino, Scorcese, et.al sitting around in an interview telling each other how great each other were. Fucking actors - all they do is play make believe and they think it's some great accomplishment.
So who snuffed Hoffa? Any clue? I always heard he was mixed in the concrete of the Giants stadium..

Reactions: Greg Langelius *