• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Italian man who went to Malta

Simon Templar

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
Sweden
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAFQFvSPhQ8&NR=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAFQFvSPhQ8&NR=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: The Italian man who went to Malta

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ultimately stupid, but funny </div></div>
+1

LOL, that was funny
smile.gif

But, this was modeled with East Coast USA "Italians".
Guilty as charged, when it comes to short-cutting double vowels like in "piece", "beach" or "sheet".
But any Italian would not miss to correctly pronounce "fork", non a chance to turn that into "fock".
We do very much still have the 'r', which seem to have been lost in the East Coast immigrants.
I still remember when I told one of my first dates how white and nice were her "teeths". Which the plural error and the double vowel short-cut turned into "tits"
grin.gif

After an initial WTF moment, she laughed her ass off.

That was funny! I'm working in Italy and that skit has made its way around the office. Your right HotIce, Italians wouldn't miss the "R" in fork. "Forchetta" has a very pronounced "R". Italians seem to have difficulty in pronouncing "H". A friend of mine can hardly distinguish between "air" and "hair". At any rate, that was funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Exactly right about the 'h'
smile.gif

We only have one word in the dictionary that start with 'h', "hanno", which is a conjugation of the "to have" verb.
We also have the word "anno", which means "year", and the two are pronounced exactly the same.
The only use we have for the 'h', is following the letter 'c' to create the sound of the English 'k', which we do not have.
That was by far the biggest source of mistakes when pronouncing English words at the beginning (and at times even now
smile.gif
).

almost as funny as when i used to tell it in grade school