• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The Killing Field.......

Tripwire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2006
VA
Spent the majority of my daylight hours this past week riding around hay fields making hay, and a long way yet from "done".

Although the main goal is the health and welfare of beef cattle during the winter months, I must admit that I personally have other alterior motives for taking care of business.

This secluded field far from the "road" and it's surrounding woods in particular, which have yielded a multitude of deer and groundhogs; not to mention squirrels, turkey, and occasionally a coyote, for our killing pleasure over the years.

A mixture of alfalfa, clover, timothy, white/red acorns, and cover, with a water source easily draws critters like a moth to a flame.

Another favorite place of mine would be damn hard to find.......

fieldone.jpg

fieldtwo.jpg

Re: The Killing Field.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Although the main goal is the health and welfare of beef cattle during the winter months, I must admit that I personally have other alterior motives for taking care of business.

</div></div>
exactly my thinking as well, when i'm out running the haybine.

If you need help on that Ground hog problem, I may be able to lend a suppressed hand. Or an unsuppressed one.

Looks like you have taken very good care of that property. Should pay off nicely! Just curious is that an Allis Chalmers hood in the picture? The cloudy sky is making it tough for me to tell if it is orange or red.

Was cussin' them groundhogs yesterday trying to rake our other alfafa field, the middle is eat up with some major holes.

Time for me and the boy to officially declare war, slip in there, and wear 'em out.....

Got one tower blind straight ahead of the tractor in the pic, about half way down the field, set back in the trees. Most of the entire field is in view/rifle range, including the pond. If you only knew how many deer have died in this field, it's edges, and the two ridges.

Would like to put another blind, or tower, back up in the ridge on the other side, looking out directly over the pond, with it in a little easier muzzleloader range. Would come in handy too during bow season. A lot of deer come from bedding areas back up in there, and use that ridge to get to the water/grass.

My boy has climbed up in that lone white pine ahead of the tractor and killed a pile of deer just doing that.....

The first cut is such a great time in fields like that. Then after the second cut of the season it's time to rock those fields again.

Man I do miss being home and beating down some woodchucks!