• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Last Narc

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
Catch the documentary if you can. Agent Camarena supposedly finally died when they took a power drill to his skull. The guy who killed Che Guevara, Felix Rodriguez, was in the interrogation room.

Narcos (Netflix) does a decent job, follows a lot of Bowden's book. I'll catch the above.

Narcos is ok.. the guy in the interview above is the actual DEA agent who kidnapped Dr Machain(the cartel doctor that kept Camarena alive to prolong the interrogation). "Walt Breslin" dont exist.

The portrayal of RCQ was weird, and Chapo too. They make Caro seem like some hopeless romantic faggy dude, hes a stone cold murderer, to this very day:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/war-in-the-sonora-desert/

Narcos is ok.. the guy in the interview above is the actual DEA agent who kidnapped Dr Machain(the cartel doctor that kept Camarena alive to prolong the interrogation). "Walt Breslin" dont exist.

The portrayal of RCQ was weird, and Chapo too. They make Caro seem like some hopeless romantic faggy dude, hes a stone cold murderer, to this very day:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/war-in-the-sonora-desert/
I didn't get that at all from the portrayal of Caro. They made him seem out of his fucking mind, which he was and probably still is. I thought they did a great job with Felix, who still is less well known than the others, despite the fact that he was the biggest player in getting it all going. Yeah, a lot of things were slightly off, and there were a lot of composite characters, but I am not sure it is altogether a less good telling of the story than some of the hagiographies of the players, either self written or otherwise. Most of them are not exactly in line with what seems to have been the real story.

Much of the problem is that it has been such a rapidly changing environment down there that each story is written from the point of view of what was important at the time of writing. By this, I mean that when I was in college and after (I went to school in southern CA,) it was clear to everybody that the greatest threat was from the Arrellano Felix gang. But writing the story now would barely mention them because they are long unimportant (relatively.). That is where I thought Narcos really shined. Writing at the time of the action in the story, Chapo was not the main character, which is kind of interesting because most things written these days about those times would overrepresent him.

I didn't get that at all from the portrayal of Caro. They made him seem out of his fucking mind, which he was and probably still is. I thought they did a great job with Felix, who still is less well known than the others, despite the fact that he was the biggest player in getting it all going. Yeah, a lot of things were slightly off, and there were a lot of composite characters, but I am not sure it is altogether a less good telling of the story than some of the hagiographies of the players, either self written or otherwise. Most of them are not exactly in line with what seems to have been the real story.

Much of the problem is that it has been such a rapidly changing environment down there that each story is written from the point of view of what was important at the time of writing. By this, I mean that when I was in college and after (I went to school in southern CA,) it was clear to everybody that the greatest threat was from the Arrellano Felix gang. But writing the story now would barely mention them because they are long unimportant (relatively.). That is where I thought Narcos really shined. Writing at the time of the action in the story, Chapo was not the main character, which is kind of interesting because most things written these days about those times would overrepresent him.
For sure, they got a lot right. The portrayal of Ramon Arellano Felix was WAY off tho LOL. He was a fatass 6'2" psychopath, not a goddamn skinny jeans hipster with mood problems LOLOL!

If you want the cold hard facts(starting from a couple years after the end of the time period Narcos Mexico S2 ended), read this one:
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2013/05/the-war-for-tijuana-20-year-conflict.html

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2013/05/the-war-for-tijuana-20-year-conflict_31.html

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2013/08/the-war-for-tijuana-20-year-conflict.html

Maybe its just me.. but the portrayal of Caro.. it was just weird.
See here:

ion;

When RCQ was released from prison, he teamed back up with CDS(Mayo, Chapo's brother Aureliano
"El Guano" Guzman & Chapo's sons "Los Chapitos"). Either along the way, or all along, the whole time, he had other plans. In recent months he has split from them officially, and formed the Caborca Cartel in Sonora. The CDS/Chapitos vs Caborca Cartel(led by Caro Quintero) war is as bloody and brutal and personal as any of them; actually atm probably the MOST bloody. Along with the Michoacan/Jalisco border where Carteles Unidos vs CJNG are battling it out, Zacatecas where CJNG vs Zambada faction of CDS are battling it out, and Tamaulipas where its a mess of remnants of CDG(Gulf Cartel in english: their fractions being Los Metros, Los Escorpiones, etc) are fighting off incursions by CJNG along with the CDG vs Los Zetas(who are now called CDN: "Cartel de Noreste" and fully under control of Trevino family and their followers/holdouts) war thats still going strong after nearly a decade since Los Z's split off from CDG to form their own cartel, But they(CDG & Zetas/CDN), have been mostly decimated by the Sinaloa/Federal Police vs Los Zetas war circa 2013 and CDG vs Zetas war, into being pretty much localized/regional street gangs now. Make no mistake, Los Z's/CDN still have a stranglehold on Nuevo Laredo and much of the rest of Tamaulipas, but they're NOWHERE NEAR the int'l power player they once were. All the heavyweight Ex GAFE Special Forces are long long gone. Mostly teenage meth heads now that are lucky to survive 6 months, casualty rates/turnover so high that 13 year olds with 1 year in the game are made plaza bosses! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And Chapo(even tho he was a youngster in the time period of Season 1 & 2, they made him seem weird too. Not nearly as cunning(and ruthless) as he truly was.

Ramon AF was a true psychopath, the Miguel Trevino or Heriberto Lazcano("Z40" and "Z3" respectively and former leaders of original badass ex Special Forces Zetas) of his day, struck fear in the entire country and led the most "personal"/hatred filled war against Chapo and the rest of CDS to date. So much so that 11 years after the Tijuana/Sinaloa was over, Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix(oldest AF brother) was murdered by Sinaloa sicario Chino Antrax dressed as a clown at Francisco's bday party:

Chapo and Guero Palma were no chumps, for as feared as Ramon AF was, and the rep he had(and had to maintain), he even went so far as to buying multiple page ads in newspapers across the country complaining about the brutality of Chapo and Guero. You can probably somewhat understand, considering the Arellano Felix bros orchestrated the murder of Guero's wife and had his children dropped from a bridge to their deaths, videotaping the whole thing and then sending the tape to Guero. This is another part Narcos got wrong.. I do believe Felix Gallardo played some type of minor role in the murder of Guadalupe Palma and her children, but he was in prison for like 2-3 years by that point.. The Arellano Felix bros played the main major role in orchestrating the POS Clavel to do that heinous shit.

Last edited:
Here can be seen just a small remnant of the forces under Guano's command(I'd say at minimum this is only 1/4th of the manpower under Guano Guzman).

And remember Guano's is only one of the 3 factions(that we know of) of CDS. and while they may have internal disputes here and there, ultimately they come together as a unified force when necessary; as seen in the El Culiacanazo: the incident where Mexican Special Forces captured Chapo's son Ovidio, and his brother Ivan Archivaldo brought all the CDS forces to bear on the military and city of Culiacan: surrounding the condo immediately where the SF team was holding Ovidio with overwhelming numbers and firepower, setting up checkpoints to block reinforcements, and effectively surrounding and taking hostage the entire neighborhood where soldier's families lived.. along with a lil extra $$$ in the envelope that the local SEDENA(Mexican Army) General receives every month from CDS.

If I didnt mention it or for those who dont know: CDS = Cartel de Sinaloa...
RCQ = Rafa Caro Quintero

Last edited: