• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos The Latest Project

wilshire1412

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2006
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
An old Winchester 70 in '06 I found at a local shop, an old sporter that was original minus one screw hole in the receiver bridge and a small repair in the stock. The Winchester Target barrel was sourced online as was the USMC marked 12X Lyman Super Targetspot, I got to do the inletting for the barrel myself with a very patient expert watching over me.

Re: The Latest Project

Just beautiful,nice job

Awesome find man. I love the old Winchester M70 with the long scopes. Have you shot it yet?

Thanks for the compliments gents. I have not had this out to the range yet, likely will be a week or two before I can get out and give it a run. I'll post the AAR here when I can.

They don't come much classier than that.

There is just something special about an old Winchester with equally old school optics.

Tops!! Great job. Nothing more classic than a vintage M70 target era looking shooter. Makes me want to sell my 700's and go back to M70's.

BEAUTIFUL rifle! I know that the modern weapons systems are going to benefit from 50 years or more of technology, but there is just something about the soul of a fine vintage scoped rifle that just feels "right" to me...

Got out to the range with the above rifle yesterday, shoots well for an old rifle and 50 year old optics.
I had some handloads I made up with both 190 SMKs/RL22 and some that I did with 155 Scenars/Varget both fairly mild for an '06. I shot a couple of groups that were just under MOA and then just had some fun on the steel plates out to 500 yds. I think some fine tuning could get some slightly better groups but I am pleased with it as it is so far.