• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Leviathan needs to be fed.......Internet sales tax coming

Anyway to separate us from our dollars. That leviathan is awful hungry for tax dollars however it can get them. Here in Texas the property tax is getting way outa hand!!!

I see they are saying this is a strike on Bezos.

No effing way.

His huge monopoly will have the horsepower to collect and distribute the tax.

This will screw all the little mom and pop stores that found they could go national via the internet and increased their sales.

How is granny selling flower baskets going to be competitive when she has to track sales in 50 states, determine their tax cut, than send each an individual check for sales made to their residents.

It will push these small independent businesses into the Bezos umbrella of Amazon stores.

Govt fucks up all that is good.

State taxes that apply should be paid. I won't comment on whether or not I do...

I'm not sure how I feel about a State telling a Co in another State 'can't ship to our State unless you collect our taxes for us'.

The Big technocrats like Bezos are going to totally love this as it finally lets them become the masters of all they wanted.
They are already eliminating local store competition, but now it may become very difficult for anybody not huge to afford the accounting required for online sales.

The problem is not going to be sending taxes to the state, but now you have possibly tens of thousands of taxing agencies all wanting to set their own city & county tax rates and demanding audits all the time & all these stupid reports, not to mention individual payments.

One taxing entity per state would be nice if they could actually force the states to do that, however even then now each month you have to run off 50 reports, send 50+ checks out, and possibly get 50 different greedy auditors showing up at random times demanding to spend a week looking over your books.

All the Chinese doing direct shipments on Amazon & eBay from China are happy... All their competition from USA based small business will be nuked, subsidized shipping + not being able to be forced to collect sales tax = they win.

The government gets bigger and the technocrats get more in control & everybody else pays for it.
And the stupid politicians will rejoice that it's this great achievement.

What is comes down to, is that Government (at all levels), is broke, and desperate for new sources of revenue.

"They" can only raise taxes, up to a point - most people have a "line in the sand", where they will do anything to avoid complying with a tax scheme, or even revolt against it.

"They" can only float so many bond issues...(before the bond market runs out of buyers.

"They" are out of options, and backed into a corner...unless severe austerity measures are taken...which is always a politically unpopular choice.

Currencies, the vehicles that backstop the whole show are all worthless, and they only derive their value from peoples' faith.

It's all a scam...

Cut the cost of Congress and fire them all.

It seems like the courts these days are making all the laws and appropriating funds.

WTF does Congress do?

These days, the American government is ruled by a handful of corporations, and special interest groups (the ones who provide most of the campaign financing, on BOTH sides).

I would like to see them all arrested, tried, and executed for treason, sedition, corruption, and EVERY other crime committed by them, the Senate, and EVERY other federal & state agency.

Complete lawlessness reigns supreme in our government, and the only way to fix it is by making the criminal penalties extremely severe, to the point that "public servants" don't even THINK about taking any action that is contrary to the best interests of the American citizenry.

This nation was never intended to be what it is today, at the time it was founded...it is exactly what the Founding Fathers were rebelling against.

The future of America will eventually come down to a choice of violent revolution, or permanent subservience.

This case isn't targeting mom and pop establishments. The SD law stated if a business does over $100k or 200 individual transactions in South Dakota, they must pay a 4.5% tax rate (base state tax, not local inclusive). Each individual state can now establish, or not, its own laws to varying degrees of the same. With the internet marketplace becoming greater, now holding a 11% marketshare, we're fooling ourselves if we didn't think this would become an end result eventually when the previous comparison ruling dealt with catalog sales. I hope the other states follow in similar fashion, if at all, as it's unreasonable to expect small scale online retailers to comply with locality taxes as well as

The real winner will probably be Intuit, expecting them to come out with the software to handle this newfound hot mess of tax collection.

What I find funny though, is nobody's mentioned yet that it was Roberts that again sided with the likes of Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan in dissent, and it was RBG that went to the majority with Kennedy, Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch. Who would have thought Ginsberg would ever have sided with the conservatives on a 5-4 split? Certainly not me.

Reactions: Bender
This case isn't targeting mom and pop establishments. The SD law stated if a business does over $100k or 200 individual transactions in South Dakota, they must pay a 4.5% tax rate (base state tax, not local inclusive)

The issue is that the small business exclusions in the specific SD law are not important, now that the SC has said the gloves are off without setting any limits, SD could simply remove that exemption & other states don't have to put it in.

They always slip things in saying "we'll only hit the 'rich'" then as always like with taxes, the rich get all the benefits while the small guys get screwed to the wall.

so the state & local govt's have been living for years now without sales tax revenue on out-of-state purchases, so wonder what they will be reducing now that they have this new-found inflow??? i know, the answer is 'nothing,' but it shouldn't be...

This case isn't targeting mom and pop establishments. The SD law stated if a business does over $100k or 200 individual transactions in South Dakota, they must pay a 4.5% tax rate (base state tax, not local inclusive). Each individual state can now establish, or not, its own laws to varying degrees of the same. With the internet marketplace becoming greater, now holding a 11% marketshare, we're fooling ourselves if we didn't think this would become an end result eventually when the previous comparison ruling dealt with catalog sales. I hope the other states follow in similar fashion, if at all, as it's unreasonable to expect small scale online retailers to comply with locality taxes as well as

The real winner will probably be Intuit, expecting them to come out with the software to handle this newfound hot mess of tax collection.

What I find funny though, is nobody's mentioned yet that it was Roberts that again sided with the likes of Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan in dissent, and it was RBG that went to the majority with Kennedy, Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch. Who would have thought Ginsberg would ever have sided with the conservatives on a 5-4 split? Certainly not me.

Intuit.... the anti gun Intuit that is stopping purchases of firearms and firearms related gear after the gear has already been sent and leaving the seller to try and get the buyer to pay him a second time?

The issue is that the small business exclusions in the specific SD law are not important, now that the SC has said the gloves are off without setting any limits, SD could simply remove that exemption & other states don't have to put it in.

They always slip things in saying "we'll only hit the 'rich'" then as always like with taxes, the rich get all the benefits while the small guys get screwed to the wall.
It's not SCOTUS's place to set hard limits, it's Congress's. They determined the constitutionality of the law, but they also went in depth that the case pertained to large firms and specifically mentioned the protections to small business. With that being a basis for the opinion of the court, one can expect it will also be a basis for any state laws that counter those types of protections. https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/17-494_j4el.pdf

Reading the opinion of the court, it makes pretty good sense to me why they ruled the way they did and evens out the business playing field from one state to another, as it should be considering the Commerce Clause and its intent to ensure one state does not have an unfair business advantage over another. Of course, I'm not a constitutional scholar and community organizer, but his media sure is doing a bang up job at getting everyone all worked up over this.

PM, yeah, that Intuit. Trust me, I'm not buying stock in them expecting an uptick in revenue, I'd rather stab myself in the dick first.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
In WA I've been getting fucked on taxes already, they passed some shit law where any firearm gets taxed even if it's bought from out of state. Then Amazon Prime? Well, since Amazon is in WA, you get fucked into paying taxes on any and all purchases. It's not worth it. These greedy bastards...

Do they really need more money, or just spend what they already get more carefully and appropriately? But hey, in a country where we spend far more on prisons and prison guards than we do on schools and teachers, what else would you expect?

We could spend less on prisons and prison guards if we spent more on lethal injection drugs.

Our expenditures on teachers and schools has done nothing but create indoctrinated robots that can't think for themselves and they believe BS like Communism is some sort of benevolent system.

Reactions: pmclaine
I see they are saying this is a strike on Bezos.

No effing way.

His huge monopoly will have the horsepower to collect and distribute the tax.

This will screw all the little mom and pop stores that found they could go national via the internet and increased their sales.

How is granny selling flower baskets going to be competitive when she has to track sales in 50 states, determine their tax cut, than send each an individual check for sales made to their residents.

It will push these small independent businesses into the Bezos umbrella of Amazon stores.

Govt fucks up all that is good.

You could easily make it a consumptive tax (onus is on purchaser to report and pay) and completely remove that element of red tape for business.

It starts with getting rid of the Federal Reserve Bank

Last one to do that and live to a ripe old age was Jackson...

You are welcome to become president and try, but you might find yourself commiserating with Lincoln and JFK
There are things you can touch as president and things that are above your pay grade.......

You could easily make it a consumptive tax (onus is on purchaser to report and pay) and completely remove that element of red tape for business.
That's the way it already was for most states that have a sales tax. If you live in one of those, did you track all your untaxed out of state purchases, report it on your state tax return, and pay your obligated "Use Tax" portion? If you did, you're one of the rare ones because virtually nobody does, and is the reason the whole debate and court case existed in the first place.

I hate taxes too, but I also acknowledge that taxes are a necessary evil for any capitalist society. Even Franklin knew that, the whole "Only certainty in life is death and taxes" saying he's known for. But the evil isn't taxes, it's the wasteful spending of those taxes by our lawmakers and continued operation in the red year after year.

Sales tax is about the only tax I don't have a problem with, and I would absolutely back an across the board consumption tax. It's the one method that would eliminate all the loopholes, illegals, under the table work, shelters, and all the rest of the mess that causes deceitful people to get away without paying and the rest of the burden being placed on the honest citizens of our country.

Reactions: SilentStalkr

Technically it is that way currently.

Honor system that buyer pays tax.

State north of me has no sales tax. Buy something big enough a 1/2 hour drive will mean big savings.

Every once in awhile DOR will bust somebody but otherwise no one pays though they are supposed to.

That's the way it already was for most states that have a sales tax. If you live in one of those, did you track all your untaxed out of state purchases, report it on your state tax return, and pay your obligated "Use Tax" portion? If you did, you're one of the rare ones because virtually nobody does, and is the reason the whole debate and court case existed in the first place.

I hate taxes too, but I also acknowledge that taxes are a necessary evil for any capitalist society. Even Franklin knew that, the whole "Only certainty in life is death and taxes" saying he's known for. But the evil isn't taxes, it's the wasteful spending of those taxes by our lawmakers and continued operation in the red year after year.

Sales tax is about the only tax I don't have a problem with, and I would absolutely back an across the board consumption tax. It's the one method that would eliminate all the loopholes, illegals, under the table work, shelters, and all the rest of the mess that causes deceitful people to get away without paying and the rest of the burden being placed on the honest citizens of our country.

It's what I loved about Herman Cain.

Make income taxes minimal while relying on sales tax with the loophole you pay no tax on used goods because.........the tax had already been paid and Herman was a good man that realized double taxation was onerous.

Sure sales taxes have their pain, especially on large purchases but as noted they give EVERYONE skin in the game.

You can't protect special interests through tax loopholes thus ensuring their vote in November.

The IRS needs to go and be replaced by simple tax.

If the govt can't live off 10 percent from each worker/purchaser in our economy it needs to starve and die.

It's what I loved about Herman Cain.
Make income taxes minimal while relying on sales tax with the loophole you pay no tax on used goods because.........the tax had already been paid and Herman was a good man that realized double taxation was onerous.

While it sounds all good and happy, that is Exactly what was WRONG about the plan that Herman Cain had.
NEVER willingly let the government have another tax without taking one away first.

Over in Europe many years ago, the governments told them... We don't want to have to keep raising an income tax high, so maybe just a small little sales tax (VAT) to help even things out. Stupid people were all happy and fun....

Now a lot of the EU countries have 50% or more taxes at the top end and 25% VAT on some / all (or very high VAT)....

You could have a national sales tax if you FIRST eliminate income tax as a condition of any passage.

If you let them have even a tiny bit of both.... You will be so sorry

But the idiot masses never learn, just like when they voted in unlimited, unrestrained, unaccountable power to the Federal government to tax... because the government promised they would just make those evil greedy selfish 0.25% of the population with all the money pay a small little bit (we'd never go above like 1% or 2%), to help the "Public Good".... and now... the middle class pay all the taxes and the top 0.25% have all their money off shore.

The Fairtax (Nat Sales Tax) is the tax plan I support. It will never be passed because it would remove a lot of the power from DC.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
While it sounds all good and happy, that is Exactly what was WRONG about the plan that Herman Cain had.
NEVER willingly let the government have another tax without taking one away first.

Over in Europe many years ago, the governments told them... We don't want to have to keep raising an income tax high, so maybe just a small little sales tax (VAT) to help even things out. Stupid people were all happy and fun....

Now a lot of the EU countries have 50% or more taxes at the top end and 25% VAT on some / all (or very high VAT)....

You could have a national sales tax if you FIRST eliminate income tax as a condition of any passage.

If you let them have even a tiny bit of both.... You will be so sorry

But the idiot masses never learn, just like when they voted in unlimited, unrestrained, unaccountable power to the Federal government to tax... because the government promised they would just make those evil greedy selfish 0.25% of the population with all the money pay a small little bit (we'd never go above like 1% or 2%), to help the "Public Good".... and now... the middle class pay all the taxes and the top 0.25% have all their money off shore.

Herman was capping our tax - "9,9,9".

9 percent being better than the 30 percent or so I pay now there was a lot to like.

The balance would have been based on consumption which would be an unknown but it is at least a tax that can be controlled by me. There were a few exemptions in there for shit that shouldn't be taxed clothing, food, medicines etc.

Sure congress could always come along and make it "15,15,15" but that is where our vote should matter. With every person paying even EBT card holders would have a stake in seeing lower taxes as their purchase power would be effected.

The current 49 percent paying goose egg can not continue.

The Fairtax (Nat Sales Tax) is the tax plan I support. It will never be passed because it would remove a lot of the power from DC.

To me fair tax is a budget equally divided by whatever the population is.

I wanted to kick Harry Reid in the nuts for saying Romney hadn't paid his taxes when Romney in fact paid 10 mil or so.

Did Romney get 10 mil of service from the gov for that?

@pmclaine

Fairtax.org If you want to read the book on it, pm me mailing info.

It's basically a national sales tax on retail sales.

Sure congress could always come along and make it "15,15,15" but that is where our vote should matter. With every person paying even EBT card holders would have a stake in seeing lower taxes as their purchase power would be effected.

Based on history of the past 100 years of taxation, Taxes very rarely go down, but easily creep up. It's a huge battle tooth and nail to get republicans to pass a small tax reduction, but tax hikes pass easily anytime Democrats are in charge.

Your vote as a "producer" will count less and less as the "moocher" class gets more and more vocal.

Plus just like the government employees... the "moochers" will demand their automatic cost of living payment increases each year as taxes go up & inflation bites more, then us producers will see higher taxes & higher prices with possibly shrinking incomes.

Unless hard limits that cannot be changed or broken are written into a constitutional amendment (which will never get passed thanks to the moocher class), you are stuck with ever increasing taxes.

Another point you NEED to keep in mind is the courts writing laws by decree, always to favor the moocher class... Somehow "Welfare" or Food For all the children etc is "Guaranteed".... well that means it has to be stolen from some working person.. and when more is needed, the courts "order" the government to get with the stealing program regardless of what the actual law is.

It all went hopelessly downhill when the stupid Supreme Court ruled that whatever benefits you give your own citizens, you have to give illegals till you find a way to kick them out.

Reactions: deersniper

You are welcome to become president and try, but you might find yourself commiserating with Lincoln and JFK
There are things you can touch as president and things that are above your pay grade.......

Sad, but true. I take it you gentlemen have read "The Creature From Jekyll Island"? (Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars is another that might interest you).

Expanding on my last post (basically saying that 'Violent revolution is the only answer to fixing this mess')...it basically all boils down to the idea that we, as a nation, must get the money out of politics:

As long as the "incentives" exist the way they do now, nothing will change because the people with the power to make the changes don't want it to. The current system (via campaign financing) basically means our so-called "Leaders" are for sale to the highest bidder. The highest bidders, naturally, are the corporations (who often 'contribute' to [read: Bribe] both sides, meaning they win, no matter the outcome of elections.

The Congress and Senate will never do anything to change this system, because it affords them priviledges that regular people can only dream of.

Pensions after 1 term, free healthcare for life, exemption from most of the rules they make for us to follow...and a big pile of bribe money on top.

Just think, a little over 100 years ago, there was no IRS, no Federal income taxes, no Federal Reserve, no firearm restrictions, no ATF, very little Federal government, almost no standing army, almost no taxes and rather small government, no war on drugs, a large level of freedom to live or die, sink or swim as you best could.

People gave up all that freedom forever.......

Reactions: deersniper
its a people control tool, we need a fucking revolution, a few years ago I paid 111k in income tax, I am a salary guy and do pretty well but when I finally started paying 100k + in income taxes it pissed me off.

So someone explain this to me. Why couldn't, if we are going do this path, pay the state tax where said business is located? Me being in Michigan, suppose I purchase X item from a online store in Colorado pay the state tax to Co rather than the state I reside in? It would be no different if I was to purchase said item in person at the same store why pay Mi state tax? I don't have to do that when I return home with anything I buy out of state on vacation. What's the difference?

.gov "workers" are part of the moocher class. At least they just go to McDs and eat versus the tax and harass .gov cops

Based on history of the past 100 years of taxation, Taxes very rarely go down, but easily creep up. It's a huge battle tooth and nail to get republicans to pass a small tax reduction, but tax hikes pass easily anytime Democrats are in charge.

Your vote as a "producer" will count less and less as the "moocher" class gets more and more vocal.

Plus just like the government employees... the "moochers" will demand their automatic cost of living payment increases each year as taxes go up & inflation bites more, then us producers will see higher taxes & higher prices with possibly shrinking incomes.

Unless hard limits that cannot be changed or broken are written into a constitutional amendment (which will never get passed thanks to the moocher class), you are stuck with ever increasing taxes.

Another point you NEED to keep in mind is the courts writing laws by decree, always to favor the moocher class... Somehow "Welfare" or Food For all the children etc is "Guaranteed".... well that means it has to be stolen from some working person.. and when more is needed, the courts "order" the government to get with the stealing program regardless of what the actual law is.

It all went hopelessly downhill when the stupid Supreme Court ruled that whatever benefits you give your own citizens, you have to give illegals till you find a way to kick them out.

Andrew Jackson was no idiot. He knew exactly what the federal reserve would do which is why he opposed it so much.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
.gov "workers" are part of the moocher class. At least they just go to McDs and eat versus the tax and harass .gov cops

Not in Massachusetts.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...r_use_of_state_issued_credit_card_scrutinized

The Massachusetts Cultural Council is basically a concierge service for people with EBT cards. You want to go to a show everyone else pays big bucks for and you have an EBT card? Call them up they get you cheap tickets.

When not providing freebies for freeloaders apparently they dine at some of the better restaurants on my dime.