• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I saw this on IG on allisonyounggunpa (this girl is killin it FYI) but I thought this product was really clever. @lowlight this fixes a lot of the safety issues you talk about. Now cue the muzzle up vs muzzle down argument

Last edited:
    Interesting idea for a rifle. I've got a camera holder that works on the same principle.(Peak Design Capture). Works well for shoulder, belt, etc. Never imagined the same concept would work on a rifle.
    Wonder how well / widely accepted it will be.

Man sometimes I wish I had Mlok slots on my rifle :ROFLMAO:. I think I'm going to have to resort to the Kifaru Gunbearer.

Seems like a rifle would be too large and heavy to use that for a carry system. I don't really understand how that's supposed to work.

I personally don’t understand why it’s so expansive.

I run a QD swivel on my pack shoulder strap. Cost nothing and it’s more secure than that.

I run a QD swivel on my pack shoulder strap. Cost nothing and it’s more secure than that.
    Have any links to what you run?

The ones I have look like these, just the smallest size I could get

71QO1Ow1boL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51rjCXSDNQL._AC_PIcountsize-2,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

Reactions: Bravo6niner

Yep, I have done the same thing.

Yep, I have done the same thing.

You guys that have done this with QDs, is it unbalanced carrying the rifle on one side? I'm wondering how well it would work carrying the load on one shoulder all day.

You guys that have done this with QDs, is it unbalanced carrying the rifle on one side? I'm wondering how well it would work carrying the load on one shoulder all day.
    Works well for classic national 2 days match and some field match.

But when there more walking to do nothing beat carrying the rifle on the pack.

Reactions: atomic41
    Not really.. there is enough weight in the back to counterbalance it. I still use a hand to support the rifle somewhat while walking, but it's still nice to be able to have 2 free hands for short stints at times. This isn't a long distance solution; more of a stage to stage solution.

Man sometimes I wish I had Mlok slots on my rifle :ROFLMAO:. I think I'm going to have to resort to the Kifaru Gunbearer.
    You are in luck. Ckye released the QD version yesterday.

Anyone try this for hunting? Wondering if it would be better to run in the in front or try and run it on the side.

I imagine a gunbearer would be a better solution over any real distance.

That said, I haven't tried this OBi product, so maybe I would be pleasantly surprised by it's performance.

I think this OBi link could be a good way of attaching a tripod to a backpack, if there's a good way of attaching one to a tripod. Also would need a way to attach to the MOLLE on the pack, which apparently it's not compatible with.

I imagine a gunbearer would be a better solution over any real distance.

That said, I haven't tried this OBi product, so maybe I would be pleasantly surprised by it's performance.

I think this OBi link could be a good way of attaching a tripod to a backpack, if there's a good way of attaching one to a tripod. Also would need a way to attach to the MOLLE on the pack, which apparently it's not compatible with.
    So I want to use it more to replace a traditional sling, quick fast and simple, I imagine the gun bearer is like the Stone glacier gun sling, not easy to get back on the bag etc when you are hiking around.
    Yesterday I got the Link system and found a bitchen way to mount it. It will be just and easy and fast as a traditional sling, but also mounts to the side of the pack and out of the way.

Reactions: jafo96
    So I want to use it more to replace a traditional sling, quick fast and simple, I imagine the gun bearer is like the Stone glacier gun sling, not easy to get back on the bag etc when you are hiking around.
    Yesterday I got the Link system and found a bitchen way to mount it. It will be just and easy and fast as a traditional sling, but also mounts to the side of the pack and out of the way.
    I envisioned it as an easy way to carry between stages. Never considered for hunting and stuff. Would like to see what you did.

Curious to see what you figured out.

For any real duration such as hiking and hunting, I have my doubts about how well a single point of support on the rifle will be comfortable. The rifle needs to be constrained from moving in any axis. Maybe you figured out how to do this.

The gunbearer is made by Kifaru. It supports the rifle from the bottom and is clipped in around the barrel, providing two points of security so the rifle doesn't move around. It's also very easy to remove the rifle in a timely manner if needed.

Curious to see what you figured out.

For any real duration such as hiking and hunting, I have my doubts about how well a single point of support on the rifle will be comfortable. The rifle needs to be constrained from moving in any axis. Maybe you figured out how to do this.

The gunbearer is made by Kifaru. It supports the rifle from the bottom and is clipped in around the barrel, providing two points of security so the rifle doesn't move around. It's also very easy to remove the rifle in a timely manner if needed.
    The kifaru and SG work the same way, the Kafaru is easier to take on an off because the securing strap is on the shoulder strap. But Still to permanent for my liking. I find if its not stupid simple and fast to put it back on I won't do it and just hold the rifle but everyone has their own preferences. As far as the single point of support, it feels just like using a gun sling in some since I usually always have my arm resting against it or my hand on the grip. However if I do want it to be more secure I could use my old SG Sling bottom harness, or even just wrap it once around the grip and it also doesn't move. One other reason I didn't like strapping the rifle to the side of the back is if I wanted to sit down and glass etc, I couldn't sit down or take my pack off without the butt of the rifle hitting the ground and making a weird situation. So I would have to go through the whole process of taking it off and on etc. That was my personal gripes, some may not have those gripes.
    With the link system the way I have it set up. (MIND YOU I JUST GOT IT, and I am still playing around with it)
    I envisioned it as an easy way to carry between stages. Never considered for hunting and stuff. Would like to see what you did.

I have the link clamped onto Some of the excess strap from the upper position of my pack, and it loops around. Also in the clamp is some webbing which I run through one of my shoulder strap loops. So When I was to holster the rifle, I pull the strap down which brings the Link right to my shoulder, I put the rifle in, and let it hang on the side of my pack. When I am ready to take my off I do the same thing and pull the strap and pop it off. I am using the strap on my shoulder strap so I don't have to try and reach around my back etc. Just makes things easier.
    I am also playing around with an elastic strap on the bottom of the webbing which you can see in the pictures (Brown) Its a work in progress, but so far I LOVE IT. See photos below.

Mounted on the side of the rifle ( I do have the attachment piece further down my rail now so the barrel sits up higher)
    thumbnail_IMG_7629.jpg

Arm under the rifle, and pull the strap
    thumbnail_IMG_7637.jpg

Then you just pop it right off.
    thumbnail_IMG_7641.jpg
    To put it back on, same thing. pull the strap which brings the link to your shoulder strap. and slide it on.
    thumbnail_IMG_7639.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7641.jpg

Again this is more to replace a tradition sling, and for me I am always Slinging and unsling my rifle. This also has some more permanent ways to mount it if you want to as well.

Reactions: jafo96
    These work well. Ive used mine at the last two matches. Might not want to use it to ruck a long ways but for most sane match distances between stages it works really well. Muzzle up use you strong hand to hold it from swinging.