• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Lost Brigade Project

sandwalk3r

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Kentucky
Hey all, I just wanted to share with the Hide what some friends and I have been working on for a while.

The Lost Brigade Project is a non-profit we founded to benefit veterans and their families. We do coat drives for homeless vets primarily in the DC area (have been for years), and we organize events for vets wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We're coming up on our second annual Wounded Veterans Marksmanship Competition. The event is NRA sanctioned, and it will be held at Peacemaker National Training Center (excellent 1,000 yard range if anyone is in the northern VA/WV area).

Last year's top three were all Army Sniper School grads, and they bested everyone on shotgun (clays), 1911 (steel poppers) and rifle (200 yd AR).

Colt has come through again as our main sponsor this year, and the guys at Gunwerks and the Sportsman Channel are sending out film crews to feature the 600 yard long range component of this year's competition in an episode of Long Range Pursuits.

We're small but we are doing some good work. We don't get paid. We just treat these guys and their families like kings for a long weekend. We had 8 competitors last year and we were able to double that this year. It's a great way for the vets and their families to make new friends and enjoy a weekend doing what they love to do - shoot!

Our top place prize winner will again this year receive $2,000 from Colt along with a Colt 1911. Second gets $1,500 and third $1,000. We help them all with gas cards, cover all their hotel expenses, meals and some fun entertainment.

We aren't selling tickets or anything, as these guys don't exactly want to be paraded in front of a crowd. But I'm just a huge fan of the Hide, and I wanted to let you all know about us, what we're doing and certainly be open to suggestions as to what we could be doing for some future events.

Our website is www.tlbp.org, and our Facebook site is www.facebook.com/tlbp.org.

We would appreciate taking a second to visit our site, liking our Facebook page and most importantly just keeping tabs on us and the things we're hoping to accomplish in the future to assist veterans and their families.

Re: The Lost Brigade Project

Hey man, I'm a member of PNTC, live in DC, and am a vet myself. Let me know if I can lend a hand.

PM sent.

If you want to attend and support the shooters, please do. Would love to have you. Hardest part is finding the place, but sounds like you've already got that covered.

~A

This event just ended today, and it was such a blast. It was rainy this year, but the common mantra was "if it ain't rainin we ain't trainin."

We ended up with 14 shooters, and they all really enjoyed themselves. We treated them (rightly) like royalty for a weekend. The top 3 won $4,500 in prize money and a Colt Gold Cup 1911. But everyone left there with great memories.

The best of which was watching one guy shoot clay pigeons ... with a WWII flamethrower ( YouTube vid coming soon).

I'm working on continuing to revamp our website, Facebook, YouTube and pics. More coming soon.

Your only 2 hours north of me, cant believe I missed it. Next year. Congratulations on a sucessful event.