• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The M1 Garand and the guys who used them.

That was great, thanks. dons a tough old guy.

I will watch them when i have more time. My comment is more about an M1 Garand story.

One of my best friends had a grandpa who fought in WWII in the Pacific theater. He would tell his love of the M1 Garand to anyone who would listen. Best part was his daughter married a Asian and he would talk about shooting Jap's at dinner.

Anyway his best story was how the Garand. With it's 30-06 round would shoot right through coconut/palm trees. He said the jap's tried to hide behind the trees. He would put a couple rounds in the tree and down would go the guy behind it.

I am very glad to have met him before he passed a few years ago.

I will watch them when i have more time. My comment is more about an M1 Garand story.

One of my best friends had a grandpa who fought in WWII in the Pacific theater. He would tell his love of the M1 Garand to anyone who would listen. Best part was his daughter married a Asian and he would talk about shooting Jap's at dinner.

Anyway his best story was how the Garand. With it's 30-06 round would shoot right through coconut/palm trees. He said the jap's tried to hide behind the trees. He would put a couple rounds in the tree and down would go the guy behind it.

I am very glad to have met him before he passed a few years ago.

Good story. When I first got my M82-1 we were shooting into a hillside. Went down to look at the target and could see that after passing thru the target the round went through three 12-18 inch trees like you pulled a string line.

Makes you wonder about jumping behind the door of a car for cover.

The interviews are great. I love how Hector Cafferata refers to the President as a little sucker! I grew up across the street from a WW2 and Korean War vet. He was a carpenter and always helped me with my science projects. He was an honest no-nonsense man. I'm glad to have known him can only wish there were more people like him around today.

As for the M1 Garand, I am a big fan and can attest to the power of the M2 30-06 cartridge. Years ago my brother and I shot some M2 ammo through our Garands and were amazed by the results. We shot clean through railway ties and a steel drainage pipe. Hiding behind a tree less than 18 inches thick would be a losing proposition.