• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Mandalorian (Spoilers are ok; youve been warned)

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I was torn in giving this a try.

On one hand, Disney has managed to absolutely rat fuck Star Wars into a total faggot shit show and there was no way in hell I was going to subscribe to their Disney+ channel. On the other hand, I'm part real life Madalorian (on my mothers side) and I just couldn't resist.

Expectations were low, but 3 episodes in and I'm pissed they're only 30ish minutes a piece and there's only 1 episode a week. Rarely do I start a series and get past the first few episodes. It took me multiple attempts to get into Mad Men, Dexter, Peaky Blinders and a ton of other shit; I'm constantly waiting for the next episode of this.

Its like a Star Wars spaghetti western.

You also may or may not be able to stream it online for free.

Oh, and

1574816087281.png

Is this on Amazon? I don't watch TV but have been meaning to check this out, lots of folks say it's pretty good.

Yes, you will need to download the App first and then sign up. Disney+ is their new $6.99 per month streaming service. You can sign up for a 7-day FREE trial that will convert to monthly recurring. I had planned on waiting to subscribe until just before the final episode of the season, but my curiosity got the better of me. The House of Mouse has a LOT of content including all the Star Wars, Marvel, & Pixar movies in addition to National Geographic content.

@TheGerman I think it's about 18-20 months out from release but they also have a live action Kenobi series filming with Ewan McGregor reprising his role.

Reactions: verdugo60
    Oh it's Disney? I'm stupid for not realizing such. I'm sure it's good and all but those pederasts can suck my man dick and go straight to hell. I wouldn't watch them kill themselves for free if it was the only thing playing.

My Lady and I both are surprised as to how 'good' this show is. Neither of us were expecting to be entertained as much as we have been, with this. Interested to see where this is going to go.

Rouge One is the best Star Wars movie of all time. Everybody dies...as it should be.

Yeah Rogue One is equal to Ep IV (Star Wars) for sure. It made excited like I was a kid again. I agree, the good guys going on a suicide mission makes it a great story.

The other really cool part of the franchise was the lightsaber fight with Darth maul, rest of the movie was meh but that fight was epic.

I'm going to start this new series tonight, I have heard it's awesome.

Reactions: Darayavaus
    Jon Favreau enough said ...

He rocks the sci-fi action genre
    Agreed. I didn't have much hope when I saw Disney was doing this. Then I realized he was in charge of this project. So far I have been very entertained.

4th episode was so so. Felt like Zena Warrior Princess and NOT because of the hot chick warrior. :geek:

Similarly I refused to start watching this because of what Disney did to my beloved Star Wars franchise. I grew up with Star Wars (I’m 45). Our school took us on a field trip to watch Return of the Jedi for fuck sakes. It was that big of a deal. Along comes Disney and cornholes the franchise.

Anyway (I’m all worked up now ?)....my wife started watching Mandalorian and when she did I would go someplace else in the house. She told me about the first couple of episodes and my interest was peaked. I was hooked 15 minutes in. Like another hider said, Mandalorian can stand on it’s own. Great show........:.fucking damnit ?

Besides Favreau, Dave Filoni who did The Clone Wars animated series is involved in The Mandalorian.

People can bitch about Disney, but much as they did with the MCU they are taking canon from the movies and animated series (which was a Cartoon Network show originally) and filling in vast blank spaces. Mandalorian feeds all the fanboii urges while standing on its own by its storytelling.

The end credits art is fantastic.

Also, +whatever with Rogue One being the best movie of them all.

It is a cartoon, but I HIGHLY recommend Rebels. Some of the most epic scenes and story and background in any Star Wars. Quite a few filler episodes of course, but all the Vader, Maul and
    Obi-Wan episodes were pretty epic.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    My wife and I are enjoying it. I like that there are Easter eggs in about every episode thus far... that go back before the dark times... before Disney...

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: verdugo60
    Like everyone else, Disney totally wrecked Star Wars with the Skywalker series. Mandalorian definitely is a step in the right direction to reclaim its awesomeness.
    the whole family watches it.

I enjoy the "show not tell" aspect. I really hate when shows and movies do exposition dumps every 5 minutes.

Ok so we signed up for our free year via Verizon and just burned through the 4 available episodes this weekend. Gina Carano :love: and the baby Yoda memes are pretty much the only redeeming qualities of the show. Its good to kill time with but I don't understand the hype that it was given/receives. To be fair though, this show is more geared towards those die hard fans of the lore and everything that exists outside of the main films. We enjoyed the new trilogy, the OG trilogy, and Rogue One but this is panning out to be just check in the box for us to burn through. Good on em if it is what the target audience wants though, as that's what it should be about.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_22c6.jpeg
      fullsizeoutput_22c6.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 183
    Let me get this straight. The new trilogy is good but The Mandalorian is just meh? What are you smoking? The new trilogy is a massive train derailment in comparison to The Mandalorian.
    Like I said, I’m not a die hard Star Wars fan but enjoy the franchise. The Mandolorian is eh, just an opinion. I’ll see it through but I’m still not seeing a product that matches the hype. It’s probably just not for casual viewers, that’s all. Nothing wrong with it being that way, I’m just not going to suck it’s dick. ...but the memes are great.

I do admit that as a space western or whatever it's pretty thin. I like that it's linear all the same, I just hate when you have characters and episodes that carry no consequence to the overarching storyline at all. The more they can tie it in with SW canon the better, that'll give it a whole lot of continuity in my eyes. There's shit tons of SW expanded universe content to go off of, these movies should practically write themselves at this point.

Meh... Last episode was kinda cheese whiz.

Agree with most on this: overall Mandalorion has brought back some of the mystique of Star Wars that Disney screwed up especially in Last Jedi.

Also agree that episode 4 was weaker. I think that it's because they started inserting SJW bullshit again with that ugly "tough" female mercenary. It could have been really cool with the walker, I actually really liked that bit of left over Empire tech that freaked out the locals, that is exactly how you would picture something being used after an Empire collapsed. The unbelievable part was beefcake chick throwing a male in armor around in the alley fight. Sorry but that's not realistic even in Rosy O'Donnell's wildest wet dream, in space, a long time ago and far, far away.

These narratives are destroying science, entertainment and our society.

The last episode where the Mandalorian clan wrecked that town was really hard to top. I didn't mind merc lady, the girl that played her was terrible though. If it had been Rousey or even just someone with better acting skills it would have been easier to take seriously and landed a lot better I think.

The last episode where the Mandalorian clan wrecked that town was really hard to top. I didn't mind merc lady, the girl that played her was terrible though. If it had been Rousey or even just someone with better acting skills it would have been easier to take seriously and landed a lot better I think.

You don't know who she is? That's Gina Carano and she was the first big female MMA fighter. I became interested in Mandalorian when I learned Gina was in it, otherwise I would not have watched it.

Each to their own and all but I've had a thing for that girl for years. She was hotter when in fighting shape. Her movie Haywire was pretty good too.

Attachments

• 3328442-2167939570-dfgdf.jpg
      3328442-2167939570-dfgdf.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 258
    Yea I know lol. I just like Rousey cause she's hot, but for the record I do think she would have done a better job. Whether that job would have been genuinely good all the same or not, probably not.