• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Marine Corps wants yet another new sniper rifle

i can't really say I blame them i just got 2 and I am now ready for another as well guns are fun .

Write your local Congressman/Congressswoman to introduce a new bill that states: Any precision rifle replaced from active Military service MUST be released to the CMP for immediate distribution to foster competitive shooting...
Or the bill could read that all precision rifles replaced from active service should be available only to school trained snipers from the particular branch’s sniper school or the official sniper organizations. This would obviously include optics and parts.
Just saying.

• Wow
Reactions: pmclaine
The MK22 request is probably exclusively for MARSOC or possibly (highly doubt lol) Force companies. And there is no issue using a 300wm in "the next conflict"(whatever that means) at 300 yards or less. We have been using win mag in urban Syria and Iraq for years. Unless you are trying to fit that shit broken down in a school backpack, there is no need for a dedicated bolt action 308 platform anymore, and actual SOF (not recon) would be the only users of that in it's very limited capacity.

I have heard first hand criticisms of the ASR that the design allows a lot of dust and debris into the system, but that is something to be ironed out with use. Only time will tell if the ASR goes the way of the PSR or is a success.

All that being said, Task and Purpose is nonsense news most of the time anyways.