• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Meaning of The Flag

Fig

Tenor in the howler choir
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
On December 28, 1945, Congress made the Pledge of Allegiance the official national pledge to the U.S. flag. Noted clergyman Henry Ward Beecher (1813-87) reminded us what our flag means:

If one asks the meaning of our flag, I say it means just what Concord and Lexington meant, what Bunker Hill meant. It means the whole glorious Revolutionary War. It means all that the Declaration of Independence meant. It means all that the Constitution of our people, organizing for justice, for liberty, and for happiness, meant.

Under this banner rode Washington and his armies. . . . It waved on the highlands at West Point. . . . This banner streamed in light over the soldiers’ heads at Valley Forge. . . . It crossed the waters rolling with ice at Trenton. . . .

Our flag carries American ideas, American history, and American feelings. Beginning with the colonies, and coming down to our time, in its sacred heraldry, in its glorious insignia, it has gathered and stored chiefly this supreme idea: Divine right of liberty in man. Every color means liberty. Every thread means liberty. Every form of star and beam or stripe of light means liberty. Not lawlessness, not license, but organized, institutional liberty – liberty through law, and laws for liberty.

This American flag was the safeguard of liberty. Not an atom of crown was allowed to go into its insignia. Not a symbol of authority in the ruler was permitted to go into it. It was an ordinance of liberty by the people, for the people. That it meant, that it means, and, by the blessing of God, that it shall mean to the end of time.

This content is courtesy of The American Patriot's Almanac http://www.patriotsalmanac.com/

People don't think or write like that much anymore. I did not realize the pledge was made official just 3 months after we ended WWII. Lots to think about in that context alone, but going further back to our beginnings makes me proud. I'm not sure what road we will have to take to get back to that as a nation.

No nation is perfect and our imperfections show clearly, but we are far and away the largest net positive for the rest of the world and it's not even close

The "Under God" part wasn't added till the 1950s. That was when the majority of the godless, soulless, communist motherfuckers were in the USSR and PRC rather than on our coasts, and it was added just as much to spite the mortal enemies of liberty as it was for the reasons given for adding it.
https://www.tkofc.org/news/2020/how-knights-added-under-god-to-the-pledge

It's a privilege to live under such a flag and its a duty to protect that symbol since so many men and women have given their lives for so others could enjoy a life of freedoms.
Unfortunately that symbol has been replaced with a rainbow flag recently in our education system. Without educating the young about the importance of our flag and what it stands for it will destroy the republic slowly but surely.
If a good portion of America is against our system why don't they leave? If they don't want to leave at least be brave enough to step on a battlefield instead of using pen and paper to take the Nation over.

I have zero against gay people. I could care less what consenting adults do in private, and we have gay friends, ...but that rainbow flag is an abomination.

The rainbow is the physical symbol of God's covenant with Man to never flood the world again. It is a reminder of both the power and the mercy of the Almighty. To turn it into a symbol of pride in sin could not be a more egregious or malicious attack on Christians and Christianity.

I see it displayed at "churches" around the city. All are sinners and all are welcome in God's house, but to glorify sin is to do the opposite of repenting and to declare yourself the enemy of God.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.

I fly my American Flag every day. It represents all the great things I cherish in my life. Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness. So simple, yet a credo that is easy to follow.

I am flabbergasted by the introduction of different flags, different national anthems, etc. All done under the fake assumption that it will unite us. It is the exact opposite. In my mind there will always be only flag to unite Americans, the Stars and Stripes.

I have zero against gay people. I could care less what consenting adults do in private, and we have gay friends, ...but that rainbow flag is an abomination.

The rainbow is the physical symbol of God's covenant with Man to never flood the world again. It is a reminder of both the power and the mercy of the Almighty. To turn it into a symbol of pride in sin could not be a more egregious or malicious attack on Christians and Christianity.

I see it displayed at "churches" around the city. All are sinners and all are welcome in God's house, but to glorify sin is to do the opposite of repenting and to declare yourself the enemy of God.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.
I could not agree more.

People that say Christianity is exclusive don’t really understand it then. For God so loved the world… that’s everybody.

The American church has been caught asleep at the wheel which has resulted in the decay (and division)we see in society. Rather than calling sin for what it is (destructive, wrong and confusing) the church has been passive and, by and large, hasn’t tried to impact the society they are in. The family structure has been weakened while the church stands by and hopes things get better by doing a canned food drive to help families in need instead of stepping in and helping solve the problem of a decayed family unit. I’m thankful for those churches, families and individuals who take the time and make the effort to treat the root of the problem rather than the symptoms.

It’s ironic “Under God” was added in the 50’s because in the 60’s we started taking the Bible out of schools and you can see where that’s lead to today. Sex ed in elementary that teaches kids to explore whether they are a boy or girl. Talk about a fast track to destabilizing a society.

One of 2 ways this gets solved in my opinion: (a) conflict or (b) revival. Revival being people putting themselves back under the authority of God and living as He commands in Scripture. That is the only way a country like the United States can function. Otherwise, civil liberty leads to people trampling on others because there is no absolute morality.

Do I care what two consenting adults do in their own home? On one hand, yes because I care for them as people (if I care fo someone, I don’t want them destroying themselves by being strung out on meth) but on the other hand no I don’t because I’m not responsible for their choices. That is a hard line to walk

Great thread
I'm with the red blooded Americans like Doc and the OP

Fuck you.....it does to me.

Doc
Uh, you did not read into the sarcasm well.

So, fuck you too?😬😆

The flag means different things to different people, and that difference is as American as it can get. Your feelings towards the flag are not unique one way or another.

Great thread
I'm with the red blooded Americans like Doc and the OP
Haven’t taken an oath (yet) like some here but that doesn’t mean I won’t give my life for this country. Appreciate those that have promised to give all and followed through on that promise. I want the best for this country (freedom for all) and am willing to make the sacrifice needed to make that happen as needed

The Flag means nothing nowadays.

Seriously, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

I served under than flag in 17 countries and for 27 years of my life. I have missed more Christmas's, birthdays, holidays and events than you can possibly imagine for that flag and this country. I refuse to watch the NFL because fuck them and their lying, chicken shit racist bullshit. I will never watch a sport where a racist cunt making $20 million dollars a year to snort coke and run around like a fucking stoned toddler claims he is "enslaved by da white man."

I've been to more than one funeral where a good friend of mine was lying under that flag, gone to early from a life and a country he loved for a variety of reasons, including being killed by shitty VA doctors. My Dad is in Arlington, when he died he chose to be the guys he jumped into Normandy with in 1944. Of all of his life's accomplishments, those men and that flag were the most important thing he felt he ever did.

To see my country shit on my native born, nearly retarded leftist cunts sickens me on a daily basis. Not one of these leftist loving sacks of shit has the balls to go live their fucking dream in Cuba, China, Russia or Venezuela. Not a single one, no Crappernik, no Sean Pean or AOC, they all sit here fucking up the best place on earth.

The day shit gets real, I'll be standing proudly under my flag and they will be paying the price to take it down that I pay to fly it. Fair is after all................Fair.

Seriously, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

I served under than flag in 17 countries and for 27 years of my life. I have missed more Christmas's, birthdays, holidays and events than you can possibly imagine for that flag and this country. I refuse to watch the NFL because fuck them and their lying, chicken shit racist bullshit. I will never watch a sport where a racist cunt making $20 million dollars a year to snort coke and run around like a fucking stoned toddler claims he is "enslaved by da white man."

I've been to more than one funeral where a good friend of mine was lying under that flag, gone to early from a life and a country he loved for a variety of reasons, including being killed by shitty VA doctors. My Dad is in Arlington, when he died he chose to be the guys he jumped into Normandy with in 1944. Of all of his life's accomplishments, those men and that flag were the most important thing he felt he ever did.

To see my country shit on my native born, nearly retarded leftist cunts sickens me on a daily basis. Not one of these leftist loving sacks of shit has the balls to go live their fucking dream in Cuba, China, Russia or Venezuela. Not a single one, no Crappernik, no Sean Pean or AOC, they all sit here fucking up the best place on earth.

The day shit gets real, I'll be standing proudly under my flag and they will be paying the price to take it down that I pay to fly it. Fair is after all................Fair.
Sigh...

Keep talking.

I'll keep the sarcasm and the horse that it rode in on.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
I always get my proctologist to use two fingers, it's good to have a second opinion.
I'm all for patriotism and national pride, but not when it's used to bludgeon other people's rights, just because they are perceived as being a minority or "different".
As for "god", the voice you hear in your head isn't an omnipotent being.... it's your own thoughts or schizophrenia.
I find it appalling what people are able to justify in the name of god or country.
Don't hide behind those quaint notions.
Do what you do because it's necessary to stop cunts, being cunts.
Unless of course you are the cunt, then I hope some half decent person stops you.

The red line, blue line or any other perversion of the flag irritates the shit out of me. I don't care if you want to go around and be proud of whatever. Don't pervert the Stars and Stripes.

I always get my proctologist to use two fingers, it's good to have a second opinion.
I'm all for patriotism and national pride, but not when it's used to bludgeon other people's rights, just because they are perceived as being a minority or "different".
As for "god", the voice you hear in your head isn't an omnipotent being.... it's your own thoughts or schizophrenia.
I find it appalling what people are able to justify in the name of god or country.
Don't hide behind those quaint notions.
Do what you do because it's necessary to stop cunts, being cunts.
Unless of course you are the cunt, then I hope some half decent person stops you.
Why can't we honor and acknowledge the ideals that made us great . The collective believes , values , and morals we share . The drive and hunger to be better . To do better .
What is wrong with " Do unto others , What so ever you do to the least of my Brother's , Ask not what your Country can do for you , Brought forth by God " ?
When I have a tooth ache I have the tooth mended .
A splinter , I pluck or cut out . I've needed surgery to mend or remove that which afflicted me as well . For the life of me I've never desired to kill or destroy the body over any affliction . So why does hatred spew when we speak of our greatness , our ideals or our aspirations as a righteous people who have been Blessed by Grace . Why when I lift you to stand shoulder to shoulder in this gift Bestowed upon us do you lash out with hate and vitriol .
There are times for interspection , self accounting and repentance . Time to make amends and correct our trespasses . And I believe that this thread is the time for gratitude . Time to acknowledge the greatness and achievements represented in and performed beneath our Flag .

You know, I'm so tired of the shit in DC that I've been just flying my Texas flag every day. I love this country but the way things are going lately I wish Texas was still a republic. But I reckon I'll get out the stars and stripes again. Y'all have made me feel a little guilty.

People that stand for nothing and/or dont love something are inclined to state such foolish things. What would you do for a loved one, a child? Too hard to conceive some actually love this country, huh?

Reactions: Doc68