• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The MIC (medical) must be down on numbers

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
Hospital heart unit about 30 minutes away, is doing a "Public service" this weekend. For 20 bucks you get the,... Complete bank,... of tests for heart issues. Plus A1C, Diet, body mass index, eye, & something else. The radio ad stressed walk ins most welcome. I'm thinking those with ins will need further testing (or more) that your ins will cover. Those w/o will need to followup else where. Thoughts?

Here's my philosophy when it comes to the medical profession, especially in this country where it's all for profit: Unless I'm dying, or gravely injured, I avoid doctors like the plague. These fuckers kill as many people as they save. Something like 2 MILLION people in this country are killed due to "medical misadventure", as these scumbags call it. The only medical issues I have today were caused by doctors. It's mostly just guess work in a white lab coat anyway.

My wife had "plastic" surgery done to remove her belly flap if you will due to her weight loss. The surgeon plainly said it wasn't worth his time or money to do so. She simply asked if he could go above her belly button, a matter of a couple inches. Otherwise she would still have an overhang of skin. This was covered under insurance as a medical procedure due to the problems she was having. Of course she could come back and have it done out of pocket and he would. We found another surgeon.

Active story… had a neighbor go in for a UTI. Was fine, could walk, talk, good spirits. They decided to pump him full of 11 different drugs, IVs, etc, put him on Statins, 37 days later he’s still there, had multiple strokes, can’t move his left side, can’t talk, feet are almost black, they put him on Hospice and give him 3-10 days to live.

Seems like a repetitive theme with “Healtcare” in America.

Active story… had a neighbor go in for a UTI. Was fine, could walk, talk, good spirits. They decided to pump him full of 11 different drugs, IVs, etc, put him on Statins, 37 days later he’s still there, had multiple strokes, can’t move his left side, can’t talk, feet are almost black, they put him on Hospice and give him 3-10 days to live.

Holy shit dude that's scary

• Sad
Reactions: TheHorta
We live in a society of "don't give a fuck". The medical community is not exempt. This new attitude is affecting all areas of life....good luck to the younger generation. You're fucked!

If you half ass your life or your job.....congrats on contributing to the decline. I don't care how your employer/clients treat you, be the best you can be!

That's awful and sad; T'm sorry about that. You didn't mention age but I'm going to assume from your description "functional" but Medicare age - I'll guess late 60s/early to mid 70s, ?underlying problems, whether kidney vs. bladder vs. prostate infection, etc. This outcome if rare,but not unheard of.
Elderly and imunocompromised, can definitely succumb to UTIs and their sequelae (not to mention just hospitalization - hospitals suck and are risky even if you are young and healthy). Although females are affected much more than males for anatomical reasons, patients coming from assisted living facilities, those with high fever, blood in urine, signs of kidney infection as opposed to bladder infection or history of multiple UTI's, need to be taken very seriously. Elderly are especially vulnerable to mental status changes/delirium with UTI's that are only exacerbated with unfamiliar surroundings/procedures, i.e. change in diet, sleep patterns, in the hospital causing comcomitant problems new mental or neurological changes such sundowning, exacerbation of what may have been a mild dementia; urgency that can lead to falls/fractures and of course there are increased risks the from just being in a hospital (huge difference between "community acquired" vs hospital acquired infections), iatrogenic complications (problems from treatment or procedures), new but pre-existing problems, decreased mobility because of rules/hospital liability issues that result in DVT/clots usually addressed with prophylactic low-dose heparin or lovenox instead of assisted ambulation, medical errors etc. Unfortunately some hospitals will even intentionally sedate patients just to becausae they are difficult or to reduce their workload.

Edit: I'll never forget when I had to take my mom in to be admitted for a UTI: just about any patient who is elderly, ever had any fall EVER, any neurological history, on any medication that can cause drowsiness per PDR, etc. are labeled a fall risk with yellow band and would have to notify the nursing staff when they had to get up or use the rest room. Well my mom would ring her call bell but wasn't exactly patient with the slow staff response (over 30 minutes), nor thrilled with the bed-rails she equated to a cage/playground equipment, and the pre-set bed weight alarms that would notify staff if a patient got out of their bed (or an extra person in); causing an angry ancillary staff helper to come running in and (in inappropriate tone in this case) ordered her "To get back in bed, you can't get out of bed without a nurse" to which my mom retorted: "I'm eighty-four, I have been on this earth at least twice as long as you and have been managing to (urinate) without you for the last 80 years!" and then re-directed her irateness at the automated bed weight settings and alarms that she blamed for ratting her out which was just hilarious (forgetting she rang her call bell)... anyway even after a week in for antibiotics she needed additional time in a step-down unit to build up her strength and weight before returning home.

Especially in a male there may have been other underlying /related issues he didn't feel comfortable sharing with you including neurogenic bladders (i.e. Parkinson/MS), medications affecting smooth muscle mobility/stasis, prostate issues, catheter use all that incrase risk of UTIs, narrowed urethra from repeat UTI's, STDs, etc...11 drugs isn't hard to fathem initially - off the bat: antibiotic, probiotic, one prostrate drug, bladder muscle drug, the usual tylenol, Lovenox, benadryl for night time, maybe BP pill.
Going into the hospital in this situation is a tough call- its absolutely better to have a great PCP who can avoid the hospital because of the complications just being in the hospital, but who isn't afraid to put your loved one there when they DO need to be there. Sadly, stuff happens.

My wife just retired after 34 years as a nurse practioner in oncology. She says their motto now is get the numbers up which mean get them in and out like cattle.Its just a big business now no more local docs with his black bag making house calls.

Reactions: weaselrunner
My wife just retired after 34 years as a nurse practioner in oncology. She says their motto now is get the numbers up which mean get them in and out like cattle.Its just a big business now no more local docs with his black bag making house calls.

It's all about profit.

The industry isn't about patient care anymore.

My wife works in pathology, and I constantly hear horror stories about the system.

Reactions: weaselrunner
I tend to stay away from doctors when possible, a result of watching some seasons of "House, MD."

Each episode, they would nearly kill a patient 5 times with new diagnoses. Then, at the end, find out it was moldy bread. Or a wandering toothpick splinter.

It’s like an 5 minute oil change place. 100 drivers come in, 20 need more than an oil change.

That's awful and sad; T'm sorry about that. You didn't mention age but I'm going to assume from your description "functional" but Medicare age - I'll guess late 60s/early to mid 70s, ?underlying problems, whether kidney vs. bladder vs. prostate infection, etc. This outcome if rare,but not unheard of.
Elderly and imunocompromised, can definitely succumb to UTIs and their sequelae (not to mention just hospitalization - hospitals suck and are risky even if you are young and healthy). Although females are affected much more than males for anatomical reasons, patients coming from assisted living facilities, those with high fever, blood in urine, signs of kidney infection as opposed to bladder infection or history of multiple UTI's, need to be taken very seriously. Elderly are especially vulnerable to mental status changes/delirium with UTI's that are only exacerbated with unfamiliar surroundings/procedures, i.e. change in diet, sleep patterns, in the hospital causing comcomitant problems new mental or neurological changes such sundowning, exacerbation of what may have been a mild dementia; urgency that can lead to falls/fractures and of course there are increased risks the from just being in a hospital (huge difference between "community acquired" vs hospital acquired infections), iatrogenic complications (problems from treatment or procedures), new but pre-existing problems, decreased mobility because of rules/hospital liability issues that result in DVT/clots usually addressed with prophylactic low-dose heparin or lovenox instead of assisted ambulation, medical errors etc. Unfortunately some hospitals will even intentionally sedate patients just to becausae they are difficult or to reduce their workload.

Edit: I'll never forget when I had to take my mom in to be admitted for a UTI: just about any patient who is elderly, ever had any fall EVER, any neurological history, on any medication that can cause drowsiness per PDR, etc. are labeled a fall risk with yellow band and would have to notify the nursing staff when they had to get up or use the rest room. Well my mom would ring her call bell but wasn't exactly patient with the slow staff response (over 30 minutes), nor thrilled with the bed-rails she equated to a cage/playground equipment, and the pre-set bed weight alarms that would notify staff if a patient got out of their bed (or an extra person in); causing an angry ancillary staff helper to come running in and (in inappropriate tone in this case) ordered her "To get back in bed, you can't get out of bed without a nurse" to which my mom retorted: "I'm eighty-four, I have been on this earth at least twice as long as you and have been managing to (urinate) without you for the last 80 years!" and then re-directed her irateness at the automated bed weight settings and alarms that she blamed for ratting her out which was just hilarious (forgetting she rang her call bell)... anyway even after a week in for antibiotics she needed additional time in a step-down unit to build up her strength and weight before returning home.

Especially in a male there may have been other underlying /related issues he didn't feel comfortable sharing with you including neurogenic bladders (i.e. Parkinson/MS), medications affecting smooth muscle mobility/stasis, prostate issues, catheter use all that incrase risk of UTIs, narrowed urethra from repeat UTI's, STDs, etc...11 drugs isn't hard to fathem initially - off the bat: antibiotic, probiotic, one prostrate drug, bladder muscle drug, the usual tylenol, Lovenox, benadryl for night time, maybe BP pill.
Going into the hospital in this situation is a tough call- its absolutely better to have a great PCP who can avoid the hospital because of the complications just being in the hospital, but who isn't afraid to put your loved one there when they DO need to be there. Sadly, stuff happens.

He’s 87, so definitely in sunset years, but lives alone on an 80 acre farm and works circles around me. He was feeling discomfort, so went to the ER. They said “UTI” and decided to hit him with IV antibiotics and keep him for monitoring. That was nearly 40 days and a fully functional human being ago.

They hammer him with their typical, factory medicine protocol. Killed his liver and kidneys and his “Bad Cholesterol” was 144, which triggered the automatic Statin. Then it just unraveled from there. They’d literally cause a symptom by adding a treatment that was unnecessary. Then that addition would cause another symptom and it cascaded from there. Now the last medication they want to nail in his coffin are “comfort meds” or basically euthanasia.

I’m not a medical naysayer or antivaxxer, but I’m definitely reevaluating my thinking on things.

All those people who show up are being screened for future military service.

Reactions: Doc68
it has not been "health care" but disease care for at least a century +. reasons and ramifications are voluminous. multiple factors big pharma,complex biology,3rd party payment,diet and activity issues,pollution macro and micro,education,compensation levels,politics. it's just too big to even assess. was in the system about 44 yrs. i can't begin to even id the problems much less see a solution.

it has not been "health care" but disease care for at least a century +. reasons and ramifications are voluminous. multiple factors big pharma,complex biology,3rd party payment,diet and activity issues,pollution macro and micro,education,compensation levels,politics. it's just too big to even assess. was in the system about 44 yrs. i can't begin to even id the problems much less see a solution.
Nuke it from orbit?

What does fucking doctor in their right mind would use 11 different meds for a UTI.......that's a one and done, 10-14 days of ABX......there's more to that story. Not defending medical peeps, but there was more to this story .......ask me how I know.

Doc

This has become much more of a problem since insurance and med conglomerates took over medicine. Now they are trying their hardest to do it to dentistry as well. What transpires are higher profits, no practitioner autonomy and much poorer healthcare. Every time you go to a "cheaper" corporate model healthcare facitility you contribute to the problem. It;s cheaper intitally or as in dentitstry now has some kind of hook to get you in the door.....then over treatment planning and shitty care ensues. I'll admit medicine is almost gone. It is very difficult to find an independent physician any more. Instead you get either a PA or NP with no MD in the building doing what MD PCP's did before the bastardization of medicine. All youe care is dictated by either the corporate bean counter or the insurance master instead of your doctor.....if you even get to see an actual physician. Dentistry is in the early stages...choose wisely.

This has become much more of a problem since insurance and med conglomerates took over medicine. Now they are trying their hardest to do it to dentistry as well. What transpires are higher profits, no practitioner autonomy and much poorer healthcare. Every time you go to a "cheaper" corporate model healthcare facitility you contribute to the problem. It;s cheaper intitally or as in dentitstry now has some kind of hook to get you in the door.....then over treatment planning and shitty care ensues. I'll admit medicine is almost gone. It is very difficult to find an independent physician any more. Instead you get either a PA or NP with no MD in the building doing what MD PCP's did before the bastardization of medicine. All youe care is dictated by either the corporate bean counter or the insurance master instead of your doctor.....if you even get to see an actual physician. Dentistry is in the early stages...choose wisely.
I don't ask doctors questions that I don't want the answer to.

Reactions: ggmanning
Unfortunately,and I have witnessed this, there are Dr's who treat people based on if they can "justify it in court".
No matter what a Healthcare provider tells you, there is NO ONE on this rock that cares more about your health care than YOU. Ask questions don't just do shit "cause the Dr told me too"

He’s 87, so definitely in sunset years, but lives alone on an 80 acre farm and works circles around me. He was feeling discomfort, so went to the ER. They said “UTI” and decided to hit him with IV antibiotics and keep him for monitoring. That was nearly 40 days and a fully functional human being ago.

They hammer him with their typical, factory medicine protocol. Killed his liver and kidneys and his “Bad Cholesterol” was 144, which triggered the automatic Statin. Then it just unraveled from there. They’d literally cause a symptom by adding a treatment that was unnecessary. Then that addition would cause another symptom and it cascaded from there. Now the last medication they want to nail in his coffin are “comfort meds” or basically euthanasia.

I’m not a medical naysayer or antivaxxer, but I’m definitely reevaluating my thinking on things.
Now use your new found experience and review the last 4 years of medicine in the west.

When people come to understand that almost 90% of this cuntry accepted an experimental gene therapy that killed more of its trial participants than the placebo did, for a virus that would not kill 99.8% of the cuntry, and continues to kill people on wholesale levels, with zero ramifications, you will understand that the medico-industrial-complex is completely fucked and is not in existence to make its customers well.

When almost 90% of the NPC's (as my 12yr old boy calls them) allowed this to occur, this complex's only reaction was to increase the frequency with which they slaughter people.

The economy has something to do with all of this. Social Security has so many fucking IOU's in it that it won't sustain itself much longer. Retirement funds are consistently looted and those boomers are wanting to retire. If the .gov doesn't have them "asking" for those funds which they spent their entire lives saving, they see that as a win.

Kids are suffering cardiovascular emergencies rather regularly. Children are also coming down with various types of cancers on a more frequent basis. Prenatal mortality is through the fucking roof. All of these issues are known outcomes of the gene therapies, but 99% of our "doctors" stick their fucking heads in the clouds, too weak to identify the actual cause when Hellen Keller could see what is causing it all.

Back in August, when my MIL came down with multiple myeloma, tumors in every major bone in her body (she snapped her femur in half while standing in place, broke her humerus while brushing her teeth a few weeks later), the oncologist noted that the hospital had begged him to come out of retirement because they didn't have enough onco's to manage the explosion in cancer patients they are contending with nowadays. My wife told the oncologist that this was due to the gene therapies. His response, "Huh. I haven't heard that before." I printed the literature that shows exactly how and why this occurs, so that this "doctor" could edify himself. Do you think he read it? Fuck no he didn't. I am certain that he was more edified by the checks he was receiving for having to be "brought out of retirement" though.

Statins are awful.

Back in August, when my MIL came down with multiple myeloma, tumors in every major bone in her body (she snapped her femur in half while standing in place, broke her humerus while brushing her teeth a few weeks later), the oncologist noted that the hospital had begged him to come out of retirement because they didn't have enough onco's to manage the explosion in cancer patients they are contending with nowadays. My wife told the oncologist that this was due to the gene therapies. His response, "Huh. I haven't heard that before." I printed the literature that shows exactly how and why this occurs, so that this "doctor" could edify himself. Do you think he read it? Fuck no he didn't. I am certain that he was more edified by the checks he was receiving for having to be "brought out of retirement" though.

Oncologists were the ones insisting all their patients get jabbed in the beginning.

Reactions: FALex and mosin46
What does fucking doctor in their right mind would use 11 different meds for a UTI.......that's a one and done, 10-14 days of ABX......there's more to that story. Not defending medical peeps, but there was more to this story .......ask me how I know.

Doc
strange. more going on it seems. ascending infection? into kidneys? gm neg sepsis? guy in 70s/80s unlikely to survive sepsis. the get a new drug, get a new issue,get a newer drug is not hard to believe. last years in crit care was fortunate to have decent med staff present all times. not perfect always but usually had some input in things. now i would seriously fear an admission,esp crit care.

The hospital here sent my MIL home with a UTI and extremely low blood pressure, feeling sick. Told her there was no way to know why her blood pressure was low. I found out the next day when they admitted her and were stabilizing here for emergency transport to another hospital in the city. They told her that next day. "You are showing early signs of pre sepsis. I told her no. When they sent you home with almost no blood pressure. That was an early sign of sepsis. It took me 5 minutes on duck duck go to figure out why someone with a UTI would have low blood pressure.

The receptionist had time to yell at me for not wearing a mask in "her waiting room."

There are good hospitals and bad hospitals I am sure. Outs is beyond bad. The only way I woukd go there is if I didn't think I could survive the ride to another town.

Statins are awful.

Oncologists were the ones insisting all their patients get jabbed in the beginning.
Absolutely they were. To take it just a step further, it was every type of physician. The most peculiar fact about this is that to be deemed suitable for the clinical trials, the participants had to be veritable super men and women. The participants had to basically be in top shape, no pre-existing conditions, having to meet certain standards of health. Obviously, their "pool" was not representative of the American population, writ-large. It was, in fact, the polar opposite.

And even then, more of those trial participants died than those participants who received the placebo. Interestingly enough, they did not disclose what the placebo was, but one thing is certain: it sure as shit wasn't a saline solution!

Keeping this mind, it is beyond all logic why any "doctor" would advocate for any current patient to take these. They were never tested on anyone with any medical issues, which is nearly the entire population.

And just to be clear, I am 100% an anti-vaxxer. I have been for over 20 years. My children have never received their bullshit, and as long as I'm alive, they never will. All vaxschemes just never made sense to me. Ultimately, vaxschemes' ultimate goal is to be able to achieve what the body can do naturally, which is to build natural, sterilizing immunity. Natural, sterilizing immunity is considered the "gold standard," and no vaxschemes available can achieve it. I have therefore deemed them moot. They introduce too many chemicals, heavy metals and other toxins to risk a negative outcome, while achieving an inferior result when compared to the body's natural abilities.

Here's my philosophy when it comes to the medical profession, especially in this country where it's all for profit: Unless I'm dying, or gravely injured, I avoid doctors like the plague. These fuckers kill as many people as they save. Something like 2 MILLION people in this country are killed due to "medical misadventure", as these scumbags call it. The only medical issues I have today were caused by doctors. It's mostly just guess work in a white lab coat anyway.
Spot on