• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report The Micro Bastard brake meets the 338 Ultra mag

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I haven't had the opportunity to shoot one of our Micro brake on a big boomer like the 338 Ultra mag until today. This little rifle is headed out to Africa in a few months. Everyone know's the PH's in Africa hate muzzle brakes and for good reason but this is for a customers wife and I'm sure it's going to make life a lot more pleasant for her.

I've had lots of customers ask how this brake would do on a large caliber like this. I've shot them on 300 Win Mag's and they did very well but a 338 Ultra is a whole different class of recoil. Honestly I really didn't expect it to do that well.
Boy was I wrong. While I didn't get to shoot it off a bench I did shoot it standing. It recoils way less than what a 308 would of similar size. So in short if you need a brake on a boomer up to this size buy with confidence.

The scope is a little out of place and it won't be on the rifle. I just put one on there to have something on it for the photo.

I have the fat bastard and the little bastard. Their the most effective brakes I've ever shot. You still only taking on full builds at this point.
KJ