• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The music industry will have to shut Tom MacDonald up. People are "listening."

Canadian and Rapper should never be in the same sentence. As if modern rap wasn't trash enough! Then again like I've said countless times already, real rap died with the deaths of Eazy-E and Tupac.

• Haha
Reactions: WaltHer
It is not my type of music, I actually had to hunt down the printed versions of his song to understand what he said.

Good words, and true words.

Canadian and Rapper should never be in the same sentence. As if modern rap wasn't trash enough! Then again like I've said countless times already, real rap died with the deaths of Eazy-E and Tupac.
Huh? I'm not a big fan of rap, but what about Eminem, Biggie and Nas?

The problem with Tom McDonald is that he sucks. I like his message, but he'll never be anything more than a flash in the pan because frankly, his delivery is awful.

Joyner Lucas was onto something though....

Reactions: RPN

Eminem's early stuff was literally fight music for white boys who were bullied by black boys in school. In the early 2000s he did make some pretty good songs, but then he had to get all political and anti-Trump and destroyed half his fanbase.

Reactions: Jgunner
Eminem's early stuff was literally fight music for white boys who were bullied by black boys in school. In the early 2000s he did make some pretty good songs, but then he had to get all political and anti-Trump and destroyed half his fanbase.
I agree to an extent. This probably isn't the best place to argue about rap though, so I'll leave it at that. In short, I'm not a fan of the guy as a person, but to say rap died with Eazy-E and Tupac is a tough argument to make.

I agree to an extent. This probably isn't the best place to argue about rap though, so I'll leave it at that. In short, I'm not a fan of the guy as a person, but to say rap died with Eazy-E and Tupac is a tough argument to make.

Well, I am very biased for Eazy-E and Tupac because they were real. I'm not condoning the lifestyle they grew up with, but they were NOT the trust fund babies you see with modern rappers now who were born with platinum spoons in their mouths. You can't exactly claim to be a hardcore street thug who's pure ghetto when you're wearing 100 lbs. of gold jewelry and living in a 30+ room mansion.

Reactions: MtnGhost

im just a country boy but Ludacris, Twista, Busta Rymes and Wu-Tang would have something to say about this.

Real rap era actually went out about 2004.

Reactions: norcalAF
I'm not a fan of his work, but I'm also not the intended audience. If he's successfully speaking to the TikTok generation (as opposed to generating clicks from Boomers), then good for him and I wish him continued success.

Zuby is another rapper who might be poking through the echo chamber.

Oh, and as far as the "real rap is dead" argument goes, I'll put Run The Jewels up against anything. Killer Mike also happens to have thoughts on guns that would be agreeable to most on this forum.

Not a fan if rap but I appreciate this guy kicking the narrative in the fucking head

The problem with Tom McDonald is that he sucks. I like his message, but he'll never be anything more than a flash in the pan because frankly, his delivery is awful.

Joyner Lucas was onto something though....

So a flash in the pan is a guy who has been 100% independently putting out music on YouTube and selling albums on his own for over 7 years? He has no record label, gets millions of views on YouTube, every music video, props, everything is done by him.

I say good for him. He may not be everyone's type of music but he's at least original and not some pandering fucking idiot like most rappers, country, and hip hop garbage today.

Well, I am very biased for Eazy-E and Tupac because they were real. I'm not condoning the lifestyle they grew up with, but they were NOT the trust fund babies you see with modern rappers now who were born with platinum spoons in their mouths. You can't exactly claim to be a hardcore street thug who's pure ghetto when you're wearing 100 lbs. of gold jewelry and living in a 30+ room mansion.
I don't know man... I grew up broke as shit and never thought any of that gangster stuff was cool, so that means nothing to me. It didn't take long to realize that the "real gangsters" in the neighborhood rarely made it past 25. The lucky ones got locked up young, spent their most volatile years in the shock program and then came out after 30 and laid low. Tupac died at 25, Biggie at 24 and Eazy at 30. Only suburbanites and hood rats under 25 idolize that stuff. There's nothing cool about getting your bike jacked and picking roaches out of your cereal. Why that sells records blows my mind.

If I'm kicking back and listening to music, I don't want it to bring me back to that crap. Hood dreams are pipe dreams.

So a flash in the pan is a guy who has been 100% independently putting out music on YouTube and selling albums on his own for over 7 years? He has no record label, gets millions of views on YouTube, every music video, props, everything is done by him.

I say good for him. He may not be everyone's type of music but he's at least original and not some pandering fucking idiot like most rappers, country, and hip hop garbage today.
I say good for him too. I like his message, I just don't think he has the talent to support a career.

How many of you guys are going to buy his album or see him at a show? We like the concept is all. It's new and noteworthy. Once the novelty wears off he'll fall into obscurity.

I hope I'm wrong.

Wow. Totally unaware of this (not surprising). Speaking poetry fast is never going to equate to "music" to me, but I'm glad this counter cultural revolution is reaching young people.
To me this is good music:

Guess I'm old.

They say your musical taste stays where you first got laid.

I can't stand classic rock anymore if it was on the radio. Same top 100 forever on the only radio station in my hometown. I swear they haven't changed the playlist since 82.

Reactions: nikonNUT and Fig
Respect his message, respect his work. But not something I am inclined to listen to.

Hopefully it appeals to some kids that need to hear it, and opens them up to a different thought process.

Reactions: XikoPlavi
E was great at story telling through his music.

Canadian rapper? Hes not really considered a rapper but he's Canadian and raps.

You're in the weirder parts of the internet and might know him more for Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows.
If you don't know PFUDOR here it is. Very prolific music guy in all sorts of genres.

raps not in the same league as music, it's for people who can't carry a tune to save their lives

lOCTYRdOdamFLGWuAELOxhVK

I've been listening to him for a few years. The man does a hell of a job putting thoughts many of us have into music that is pretty damn impressive. He has some intelligence in him. Hope he keeps causing the cancerous people of this country to die a little more inside with every song.

Thats it, I'm going to put my angry comments into rhymes and become an aspiring rapper.
I may even start to turn my life around.

Last edited:
Reactions: WaltHer and Fig
The only real rap I’ve ever heard a complete album from is grand master flash from late 70s or early 80s. Maybe a fab 5 Freddy tune (can’t remember).

Yea, I’m dating myself but I’m still gen-x technical (early genX)…before the wiggers came about with thier stupid hoopdy lowered cars and trucks.

I have to come to grips that the youth has to be reached by something b/c the future looks shitty.

So, trying to say something positive about this is that the guy is reaching millions of genZ and maybe makes thier minds deprogrammed. But, are his millions of views just white kids?

The thing that’s always cracks me up though is why do the white rapper guys have to talk ghetto?

Old school black music at least had talented bands doing real music but I guess learning true musical instruments and arrangements is systemically racis yo!?

Blacks were fuckin happier people back in the day. If you ask me.

The only real rap I’ve ever heard a complete album from is grand master flash from late 70s or early 80s. Maybe a fab 5 Freddy tune (can’t remember).

Yea, I’m dating myself but I’m still gen-x technical (early genX)…before the wiggers came about with thier stupid hoopdy lowered cars and trucks.

I have to come to grips that the youth has to be reached by something b/c the future looks shitty.

So, trying to say something positive about this is that the guy is reaching millions of genZ and maybe makes thier minds deprogrammed. But, are his millions of views just white kids?

The thing that’s always cracks me up though is why do the white rapper guys have to talk ghetto?

Old school black music at least had talented bands doing real music but I guess learning true musical instruments and arrangements is systemically racis yo!?

Tom has a lot of black followers. Just go to some of the reactions to his songs.

this guy wants him for President.

Reactions: XikoPlavi
Tom has a lot of black followers. Just go to some of the reactions to his songs.

this guy wants him for President.

Well, I watched it. It’s ok I guess. At least it has a chorus. I’ll have to see if my 17 yo son has ever heard of it. I don’t let him listen to rap in the house but I know he listens to some of it on his phone.
I have to wonder what would happen to you if you drove down the wrong street in Philly with this song blaring?

I like how the guy mentions ruger…LOL

Wonder if youtoot will cancel his channel.

They had wiggers back then?

0-E0-DC197-59-DB-4-B28-AF58-E690-EA852-BEE.jpg