• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The mythical WA 2000

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
http://egun.de/market/item.php?id=2312261

jupp one is for sale,

at just 17 500 EUR it´s a bargain cause this is the One rifle,

2312261_4a38ca403d850.jpg

2312261_3_4a38ca403f7b2.jpg

2312261_6_4a38ca404272a.jpg

OK all sarcasm aside, they were nice rifles and not a whole lot of them were made.

I wish I one day were given the opportunity to shoot one, just for the bragging rights.

/Chris

Re: The mythical WA 2000

That has got to be the ugliest masterpiece ever. It looks like it would be incredibly uncomfortable.

i'd like to see some pictures of prone shooting with that bad boy

Well guys you are all right in each and every way,

however at times that does not hinder people,

I am fairly sure that the rifle will sell and yes it´s a bulky piece of firepower.

/Chris

That actually is a bargain. I have seen a couple in the past ~5 years going for 100K in the US. Moreover, there were actual buyers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That has got to be the ugliest masterpiece ever. It looks like it would be incredibly uncomfortable. </div></div>

+100

That's definitely a rifle ahead of its time.

Less than 20 were imported into the US.
The gun is built in the bullpup style, to achieve most compact package while maintaining suitably long barrels. Basic chambering was .300 Winchester Magnum, with effective range well beyond 800 meters, with optional chamberings for 7.62mm NATO (.308 win) and 7.5mm Swiss. WA-2000 is a semiautomatic rifle, gas operated, with rotating bolt. Short stroke gas piston is located below the barrel. The heavy, match-grade barrel is fluted and free-floated and is unusually located between two aluminum struts that form the chassis of the rifle and provide mounting points for wooden forend and below and telescope mount and bipod above. The stock (buttplate and cheek rest) and trigger are adjustable. Feed was from single-stack detachable box magazines. WA-2000 sniper rifle had no open sights, and had a quick-detachable scope mount. Most common optical sight was a Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10X variable power telescope.

Low CG, adjustable cheek & buttplate, magazine feed and MACHINED PARTS !! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it's compact and heavy but I'd take one in a heartbeat ... IF it were given to me !! sure couldn't afford one.

The group looks great...but it's a real "pig in knickers" to look at!!!

Dread to think how much it weighs...maybe as much as a small family car? ;-))

Supposedly the president of Walther USA has <span style="font-style: italic">twelve</span> of the ones that were imported here. At $100k a pop that's 1.2 million worth of rifles...

The President of Walther USA has four of them. Three (3) used and one (1) new. He owned all of the ones brought into the USA at one time many years ago and then let them out to the public. I know of at least two people that put their kids through school by buying one (1) of these rifles. I also know people that have bought two, one to shoot and one to store. That was then...this is now.

There are three variations to this rifle and you are looking at the third variation in the first photo. It is the least rare of the lot and can be bought in the US (used) for around $50k.

There is alot to tell about this rifle. After the Munich episode, every roadblock was taken away to produce the very best rifle possible. When it came out, it was a wonder and, at first, sold in the US for $12k with every option (including the rarest double shoulder carry rig, and, believe it or not a photo system to verify both the pre and post intervention and was interfaced through the optics)). Much of what you see in the photo is machined aluminum and therefor quite light. It is neither uncomfortable nor particularly heavy for what was refered to as a "position" rifle. The finest machining, the finest wood work, the best optics of its period, astonishing trigger, fast action.
Cycling problems? #1 way to identify someone that has no idea how to properly re-assemble their 2000.

When I hear folks on this site bitch that someone has taken their over the barrel bipod design, or any such this or that, I smile and think back to truly ground breaking designers, four of them worked on this rifle alone. I just sit there and think...lägg av.

SG, tack så hemskt mycket!

i think its more of an investment piece than a rifle for shooting... i really couldn't justify spending that much on a rifle like this.

maybe a cheytac 408 as a whole system with the laser, weather station, ballistic computer, suppressor, case, optics and a crap load of rounds...

but not a WA2000. nice rifle though.

A few years ago, I tried to import a rifle from Germany - from a private seller. I think we settled, on approximately 9K euros. It was for the complete rig.

I applied on a Form 6. It was approved with provisions. I had to send the actual firearm, to the technology branch for final approval.

The seller did not want me to return the rifle to him, if the rifle was not approved. Perhaps he would have had a difficult time, bringing the rifle back to Germany ?

At that price, I should have taken a chance. Hopefully, it could have been approved for importation, with a permanently attached device added to the end of the threaded barrel.