• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new Garmin xero?

nagantguy

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020

Yea I get this is a puff piece my the cream of the sporting press but in theory it sounds promising. I’ve always been pleased with Garmin products.
It’s brand new so I don’t suspect many have used it yet but anyone else read /watched any reviews.
Price seems in line IF it delivers what’s promised.

Reactions: simonp
Thread here, and a few people already have them in hand.

Yea I get this is a puff piece my the cream of the sporting press but in theory it sounds promising. I’ve always been pleased with Garmin products.
It’s brand new so I don’t suspect many have used it yet but anyone else read /watched any reviews.
Welcome to Snipershide!

Anyone know if Garmin xero C1 pro will be classified as ITAR item? Will it be able to be exported outside USA?

Has anyone figured out a mounting combo other than area 419 they are out of stock so looking for something else that works

There’s an extensive thread already. Tons of info and data.

There’s an extensive thread already. Tons of info and data.
Appreciate it man I'm new to using the hide still trying to find the buy sell trade section lol

Reactions: db2000
After seeing one in action, all I can say is my gently used Magnetospeed V3 will be listed tonight.
I only keep my magnet as a backup, but it may need to go now. I only need it when shooting in the tunnel range.

Ordered from Bass Pro, then they canceled my order. Fuckers.

Reactions: al22300

Have used one for two weeks now. Accurate, portable and pairs to my smartphone. Incredible piece of gear.

Has anyone figured out a mounting combo other than area 419 they are out of stock so looking for something else that works
Grey ops makes a plate also but it's as simple as a piece of flat aluminum with an arca clamp bolted to it. That's what I'm gonna do

Well we have the first hundred pre-orders filled next week, we will be opening up pre-orders again for the late November and December shipments :)
*Rifle and scope not included @Glassaholic

IMG_0065.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone has tested the Garmin on a busy firing line. For example, if the guy on the bench next to me (maybe 4 or 5 feet away) is shooting a big magnum rifle with a brake, will the Garmin pick up his shots too?

Just curious because the LabRadar unit does have that problem.

@6MT
IF an object (bullet, pellet, arrow) from the adjacent lane crosses into the XERO Radar BEAM within about 2-4 yds down range it will likely pick it up.
2 ft off to the side, probably. 3 feet off to the side probably NOT.
Wife and I shared one Xero and it did not pick up other shooters. The space just to the left and right of us filled after the picture was taken.
Garminon-the-600-line.jpg

The big magnum rifle with a brake might knock your Xero over, but not trigger it:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6MT
Thank you. Yeah what kind of rifle doesn't matter, I know. I have found a few others now who have posted that this is not an issue with the Garmin unit. The Garmin being transmitting all of the time instead of being tripped on buy an acoustic trigger is a much better idea.

Now, if I could only find one to buy. They are sold out everywhere up here in Canada.

11/28/23: Get your pre-orders in now! We have another 50 shipping in and 20 available spots :)

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph $599.99

Last edited:
Used my Garmin Xero today for the first time. Cant believe how easy and convenient it is to use. Was getting tired of strapping a bayonet on my rifle. Thats what i hated the most about my Magneeto v3, hanging it off the end of the barrel and wondering if it was affecting the harmonics during load development. Dont have to worry about that now and it fits in a small case that i can just throw in the glove box.

I just got back from the range today, and it was the first time I have used the Garmin Xero C1. It's a home run. Intuitive and simple to use. Set up and tear down takes less than a minute. It addresses every complaint I have about the Labrador. I don't recall the last time I was this happy about a purchase.

Can anyone explain what Garmin did so right that LabRadar did so wrong?
The Lab-radar is bulky compared to the Garmin. It doesn't come with a rechargeable battery. If you don't have your rifle in the exact right spot, the Labrador won't pick up the shot. The location of your barrel changes depending on your muzzle device. There is a good video on Youtube which explains the positioning of the barrel relative to the Labrador. With the Garmin you just place it behind the muzzle 5" to the left or right and its ready to go. Lab-radar isn't intuitive to use and requires you to make changes when you move from different size bullets. With the Garmin you just need to start a new string. If there are a lot of people on the range lab-radar gives false readings. You also have to arm it before you shoot, and it oftentimes "times out." I am sure I am missing some of the differences, but the Garmin is very simple and convenient. Great product.