• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new guy from overseas

archer_custom

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2022
Austria
Hello hide!

Long time reader of the hide; lots o good info here. Finally pulled the trigger and registered.

Im 34 and from Austria.
Im into guns since 2009 when i visited Texas for some trad. bowhunting and of course shot quite some guns in the great state of Texas! Enjoyed the 5 weeks there. Best holiday i ever had.

After coming home again i talked to federal agencys to apply for my gun license, some years later i also got the hunting permit, and after shooting pistols and ARs for some years i drifted into bolt actions and from there into PRS type shooting (mostly traveled to Norway for PRS, as in Austria there is no place to shoot PRS) and also into long range and ELR.

I am chambering my own barrels as there are not too many good gunsmiths over here that do barrel work and chambering.

Im about to start building my first ELR gun. A 338 Lapua AI., Blake barrel 33" 1:8 twist barrel, KS arms LAR3 action, Kahles 624i...Waiting for a year now to get all the components in.

Looking forward to lots of good conversations and info!

Daniel