• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The New Hornady Power Case Prep Center

Parallax

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2007
Waushara County, Wisconsin
Has anyone seen or actualy used the new <span style="font-style: italic">Hornaday Lock-n-Load Power Case Prep Center</span> ? Thoughts ?

I see they also have a new case runout gauge, the <span style="font-style: italic">Ammunition Concentricity Tool</span>... looks like they bare getting hooked up with some good ideas for serious reloaders.

New Hornady Tools

Re: The New Hornady Power Case Prep Center

I had one of the RCBS jobbers. A good unit, but the money is better spent towards a Giruad in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one of the RCBS jobbers. A good unit, but the money is better spent towards a Giruad in my opinion. </div></div>

The Giruad is tough to argue againt, but it's not going to remove mil crimps, wire brush your necks, deburr your flash holes, spin your cases while you anneal them and/or clean or uniform your primer pockets.

The Trim Mate is worth the $100 bucks and I went 12 years doing it all by hand.

The Hornady one is massive, looks to be built like a tank, does more, but is 3x the price.

Still, I just get the impression that holding a case vertically and pressing down in front of you is just more precise than holding it sideways while pushing against the machine and away from you.

Chris

drill press works pretty good, and you get a drill press out of the deal
smile.gif

I've tried to order one of these things the past week and they are severely back ordered. I found one online for $200 less than anywhere else. I ordered it only to get an email 2 days later saying that the listing was a mistake and they won't honor the price........very bummed. However pushing away does seem like a burdon so why not turn it sideways? I'm getting one and I'll post what I think. Hand trimming, hand cleaning and hand deburring is going to give me arthritis.