• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The NIGHTFORCE 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge- Birmingham, AL

Here2Learn

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    NIGHTFORCE and the team at Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge are proud to announce an exciting shooting event in Birmingham, AL. The 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge will be held on Saturday and Sunday, September 20-21 and will consist of several scenario based precision rifle and pistol stages. This year we will be adding input from LEO and Mil backgrounds.

Rifle targets will range from 25-725 yards (most will be somewhere in between). The pistol will be involved in many of the stages. Pistol targets will mostly be CQB type distances. Approximate point distribution will be 80% rifle 20% pistol.

While this is the second event of this type at Brock’s Gap, we have four experienced long range shooters with match director experience working together to assure we will have a safe and enjoyable match that is well organized and smoothly run. After safety considerations, our primary goal will be to produce a fun match that you’ll want to put on your shooting calendar for years to come!

We look forward to welcoming back many of our 2013 sponsors as well as new ones. We’ve had several sponsors express interest in supporting this event and we are planning to have an order of finish prize table following the match. As sponsorship details firm up, information will be communicated to registered shooters and also will be noted on the BGTC website. If you are interested in sponsoring the match feel free to send me a PM.

We hope to see you September 20-21 for the Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge!

Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steel-City-Precision-Rifle-Challenge/603540053014441 for info and updates

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN TO ALL COMPETITORS

APPLICATION

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor send me a PM

2uzxs95.jpg

We are extremely happy to announce our 2014 sponsors. Many have gone over and above this year and we are extremely thankful. As more sponsors continue to roll in we will update it here and our Facebook Page. Please keep them in mind when making your next purchase. If you are interested in becoming a 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge sponsor it isn't too late. Send me a PM and we would be happy to partner with you.

w2kd2e.jpg

Attachments

• Nightforce logo_Black.jpg
      Nightforce logo_Black.jpg
      236.2 KB · Views: 24
    • 2014Sponsors copy.jpg
      2014Sponsors copy.jpg
      875.5 KB · Views: 26
    Last edited:
    I was able to attend the the last match here, and let me tell you this was one of the best matches around. If you're able to attend I highly recommend it.

top notch alabammer guys puttin this on. im gonna make it if at all possible. will be good to see yall.

It will be good to see all the shooters from last years match, and new shooters as well.
    I have some new natural terrain shooting positions i will be developing in the next couple of months.
    I promise you wont be disapointed!

Last edited:
    I was Blessed enough to shoot this match last year. I must say it was a blast! These guys know how to lay out a great course of fire that works for newer shooters all the way to the more seasoned. I encourage anyone who may be interested to register. I don't feel you will be disappointed. The date is a tough one for me. Not for 100% I will be able to make it.

We are happy to welcome Copper Creek Cartridge Co. and Nightforce Optics to the sponsorship family! If you are interested in our sponsorship program feel free to contact us.

Hoping to make it to this event, been wanting to shoot tactical matches for 2-3 years now and it seems like this might be my year to start getting a few in!

Hoping to make it to this event, been wanting to shoot tactical matches for 2-3 years now and it seems like this might be my year to start getting a few in!

It would be a great one to get started with. It's an awesome match!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Heard great things about last year, looking forward to it.

I attended the Precision 101 class that y'all put on last year and it was good quality instruction, organized, and nice facilities. I believe it was John Cuckler and Richard Krouse. Do y'all have any plans for another class like that or maybe any train ups before a match for this year?

Edit: Just saw the Lighthorse Precision 101 class on March 15th on the Brock's Gap website. I won't have my rifle back from LRI by then. Are there any plans for other classes or train-ups?

Last edited:
    I know they have a carbine/ pistol course coming up that is being taught by a Tier 1 guy, and an advanced precision rifle course taught by SAS Sniper this summer

Trauma1

I attended the Precision 101 class that y'all put on last year and it was good quality instruction, organized, and nice facilities. I believe it was John Cuckler and Richard Krouse. Do y'all have any plans for another class like that or maybe any train ups before a match for this year?

Edit: Just saw the Lighthorse Precision 101 class on March 15th on the Brock's Gap website. I won't have my rifle back from LRI by then. Are there any plans for other classes or train-ups?

We are tentatively looking at doing a tune up before the match. It would be a time to collect dope and shoot off barricades. It wouldn't be a formal class but the SCPRC team would be there to help spot and give instruction

I wouldn't miss it.
    Last year was my first precision rifle match.
    I learned a bunch and had a blast doing it.
    This year I expect to be better prepared.
    I want to push that final score up,..... a lot.

Applications have gone out to past shooters and we will be opening it up to new shooters in the next few days.

We are happy to welcome back our great friends at Accurate Ordnance as a 2014 sponsor. They have stepped up big again this year with their new Tactical Match Rifle (TMR) for the prize table. The AO team will also be at the match to answer any questions you may have about their custom rifles.

TMR Specs

Stiller TAC30AW action
    Manners T4A stock in Black Forest camo with mini-chassis
    Brux barrel
    Timney trigger

AOTMR1.jpgAOTMR2.jpg

If you are interested in being a sponsor please send me a PM

Last edited:
    That's a big prize. Those guys really did step up! Two years in a row. Definitely makes me want to have them build something for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang! Another awesome gun by AO on the table again! Can I be selfish and not RO the event in the hopes of a miracle happening and me getting to walk up to the prize table first? Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Hey guys,
    The match directors for the Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge are proud to announce that we will be partnering with the Army Sniper Association for this years event.
    Jim, David, Richard and I feel strongly not only about hosting an exceptional event, but also contributing to something that is bigger than ourselves.
    We will be donating a portion of the match proceeds, as well as proceeds from other fundraising efforts to this organization.
    The Army Sniper Association is a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to wounded snipers and their families, and the families of fallen snipers killed in action.
    We look forward to seeing all the competitors and companies that continue to support all of our silent warriors for the match in september.

Folks,

Please note that the application and additional information for the match is now available on the BGTC website Brock's Gap Training Center, Hoover, Alabama There is a link to the registration/info material and rules on the home page.

We are very excited about this year's match! Expect more of what you liked last year along with new and exciting additions for 2014 in the expanded two day format. We'll have a full day of shooting on Saturday and plan to finish up early afternoon on Sunday. Results and awards will follow quickly after the conclusion of the match and everyone should be on their way home by mid-afternoon.

Please post any questions here and John, Jim, Richard and I will do our best to answer them.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in September!

application link is not working for me. anybody else having issues with it?

EDIT! found it at the brock's gap site.