• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The nightmares of Christmas

The D

We’re not supposed to be nice!
Minuteman
  • Apr 11, 2020
    Whoohoo! I just witnessed a doozy of a family fight! The best part is I won’t have to see my insufferable cunt fil for a really long time, maybe ever again. Let me set the stage…

Fil is diagnosed bipolar and either stopped taking them again or needs a script change. Their whole family has figured out a way to deal with it. I have as well which mostly means trying to ignore him. I’m a pretty withdrawn person irl and he’s a fucking chatty Cathy so I’m sure he feels awkward sometimes if it’s just us for whatever reason. I’m always polite but my wife knows I can’t stand him

The whole family is at their place the week before Christmas and he’s grumbling the whole time. Our 4 and 5 y/o boys are excited and acting just like what they are which is causing him to simmer a little harder. Not much really happens except our flight yesterday got cancelled. We rescheduled for tomorrow evening. Tonight we were sooo close to the finish line but 5yo had a case of pre-bedtime energy and was trying to play with the dog. I think he kicked a dog toy and it hit the sliding door, not hard but it definitely hit the glass. Fil finally sets it off by saying, “What’s wrong with them? They’re acting like hooligans. Why don’t they listen to anything?” My wife snipes, “That’s not true. They’re very good kids but they’ve been cooped up inside all day”.

*Let’s get it on!*

It escalates quickly with my normally calm and collected wife fucking unloading on her dad. He’s screaming right back trying to counter. Thankfully the boys were already in the other room heading to bed. I needed to find 4yo’s stuffed animal and I went back out to the living room to hear him try to tell us his opinions on how to raise them. I stopped dead in front of him and said “We’re not interested in your opinion on how to raise our kids”. He hobbles out of his recliner(his back is all fucked up and he can barely walk) and starts to square up to me but wife starts yelling and thankfully he starts back at her. I didn’t think it would be appropriate to steal my wife’s thunder, she’s a low key bad bitch if she has to be.

I find what I need, get back to distracting the kids from their grandfather going stark raving mad, and let my wife duke it out. Let the boys wrestle so they don’t hear the fighting. I genuinely didn’t want them to notice this. Once it winds down, I turned their light out and sat with them until they were really close to asleep. Get the baby ready for bed, make sure my wife is ok. And head to bed to share my unintentionally great news with you lunatics

So, anyone else have some “every cloud has a silver lining” holiday horror stories?

Not even worth posting
    That’s not the point of the thread, try to keep up

1672027257637.gif

I feel you on the children energy levels and peaking late at night. My 6 and 3 yo do it all the time and can be a handful. Just yesterday we were at the wife’s uncles place the our 3yo got all hyped up on something and decided to throw a hot wheels car into a TV. Needles to say the TV was replaced.

Reactions: The D
    Whoohoo! I just witnessed a doozy of a family fight! The best part is I won’t have to see my insufferable cunt fil for a really long time, maybe ever again. Let me set the stage…

Fil is diagnosed bipolar and either stopped taking them again or needs a script change. Their whole family has figured out a way to deal with it. I have as well which mostly means trying to ignore him. I’m a pretty withdrawn person irl and he’s a fucking chatty Cathy so I’m sure he feels awkward sometimes if it’s just us for whatever reason. I’m always polite but my wife knows I can’t stand him

The whole family is at their place the week before Christmas and he’s grumbling the whole time. Our 4 and 5 y/o boys are excited and acting just like what they are which is causing him to simmer a little harder. Not much really happens except our flight yesterday got cancelled. We rescheduled for tomorrow evening. Tonight we were sooo close to the finish line but 5yo had a case of pre-bedtime energy and was trying to play with the dog. I think he kicked a dog toy and it hit the sliding door, not hard but it definitely hit the glass. Fil finally sets it off by saying, “What’s wrong with them? They’re acting like hooligans. Why don’t they listen to anything?” My wife snipes, “That’s not true. They’re very good kids but they’ve been cooped up inside all day”.

*Let’s get it on!*

It escalates quickly with my normally calm and collected wife fucking unloading on her dad. He’s screaming right back trying to counter. Thankfully the boys were already in the other room heading to bed. I needed to find 4yo’s stuffed animal and I went back out to the living room to hear him try to tell us his opinions on how to raise them. I stopped dead in front of him and said “We’re not interested in your opinion on how to raise our kids”. He hobbles out of his recliner(his back is all fucked up and he can barely walk) and starts to square up to me but wife starts yelling and thankfully he starts back at her. I didn’t think it would be appropriate to steal my wife’s thunder, she’s a low key bad bitch if she has to be.

I find what I need, get back to distracting the kids from their grandfather going stark raving mad, and let my wife duke it out. Let the boys wrestle so they don’t hear the fighting. I genuinely didn’t want them to notice this. Once it winds down, I turned their light out and sat with them until they were really close to asleep. Get the baby ready for bed, make sure my wife is ok. And head to bed to share my unintentionally great news with you lunatics

So, anyone else have some “every cloud has a silver lining” holiday horror stories?
    Not this year, but good on you for letting your wife go scorched earth looking after her babies. Makes my day.

I feel you on the children energy levels and peaking late at night. My 6 and 3 yo do it all the time and can be a handful. Just yesterday we were at the wife’s uncles place the our 3yo got all hyped up on something and decided to throw a hot wheels car into a TV. Needles to say the TV was replaced.
    Yikes. They go from 0 to bat shit crazy in the blink of an eye, don’t they?
    I have gas.
    Well, hopefully you set yourself on fire.

I’m a decade off the best thing that happened on Christmas. Soon to be SIL and her new hubby were visiting. He low key insulted MIL breakfast food by declining and then going to Sonic, insisted they drive separate to an event, and then all the in laws got in this weird setup where they were mad in the same event room but never found the courage to yell or talk it out.

SIL and her hubby take off and say they are going back home, impromptu. It’s 9 pm and they are 5 hours away via car. It’s raining pretty bad.

FIL, MIL, and Bro in law try to go talk to them. One lane drive and the cars are basically nose to nose. SILs pansy hubby calls the sheriff, says his in laws are trapping him and keeping him from leaving.

So at 10 pm the 5.0 arrives in the pouring rain to make my FIL back down the drive and his son in law drives off to Texas.

It was the dumbest thing and I really love it. I offer sonic for breakfast to everyone whenever possible.

Meh.

Everything was good until yesterday at lunch when I heard my daughter and her husband ask his mother and 18yo sister to move into their basement and bring along the sister’s dead beat BF (who is currently living with and off of them and won’t work).

Just what they need is 3 dependents and people in their new house to break up any privacy. F it, I’ve let them know that they’re messing up and now it’s on them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We mostly all relentlessly make fun of each other at the holidays, but no-one ever really gets mad. We spent Thanksgiving calling my older brother Steven Segal, because he grew a pony tail and goatee. Anyone that called him his real name was quickly corrected by a chorus of "STEVEN". 🤣 Then his wife made a meme out of a picture of Steven Segal and Jason Mamoma {Sorry don't know how to spell it} that burned us both pretty good.

My wife is an only child, so she stays out of it and just laughs at us. She doesn't have the kind of practice we do. 🤣🤣🤣

I have relatives I have not talked to in decades. I moved to the other side of a continent to get away from them. No loss to either side of the issue.

I've missed every holiday with relatives since the early 1980's, it is wonderful. If I visit, I stay in hotels and drive or rent my own car. They have nothing I want and I would never put myself at their mercy. When they start dredging up drama or bickering I head for the bar or go search gun stores for hidden treasure.

My wife's kids are leftist assholes, they got turned to the dark side in college. When we visit, I usually go for a walk and have my breakfast or lunch in peace at the nearby store or small diner. My wife joins me half the time because you can only eat so much kale and estrogen burger. We bring our camper and thus have our own bed, kitchen, TV, toilet and air conditioned comfort.

There is nothing to fight about, we just agree to disagree.

There appears to be a ‘black sheep’ in every family, some worse than others.
    Some are passive aggressive, but many are the always-the-victim drama queen / Saul Alinsky practitioner expert-on-everything, who generally gets shut out of all family events.

Cherish all, but don’t put up with their enabling BS.

Wasn't Christmas, but...

My first wife's family included alcoholics (both parents), a drug dealer, a killer (at age 11), a whore and one fairly normal citizen.

During one visit I witnessed the two older brothers get into a fight that ended when the second youngest brother concussed one with a brick. The other got up and kicked his ribs in.

The FIL, after drinking all day, threw family pictures into the fire and beer bottles through the front window. After he calmed down and was sitting on the sofa, the MIL started her rampage. At one point she began beating on her husband who was so drunk he couldn't defend himself. For a small woman, she had a hell of a left hook. Next day he looked like he went a couple rounds with Tyson.

When I told my wife we were leaving, the family united and turned on me. The oldest brother (only non-felon) knew I was armed and stepped between us as we walked out.

Current status of the family: Two bothers dead before age forty. One brother fathered four children he has never supported...mostly because he spent more time in prison than out. FIL died at 60 after spending the last five years of his life bedridden. MIL took care of him until he died. Oldest daughter is on husband five (I think). Ex-wife married a fellow alcoholic. Currently, they live in a decades old doublewide, she has some breathing disorder (Kool Filter Kings would be my diagnosis) and just finished her XX rehab stint. Our son does not allow her around his family.

I always chuckle when my wife shows me these super happy family photos on Facebook. Im always looking for the person with a black eye.

Reactions: WaltHer

I can tell you for sure nothing changes much for the next ten to fifteen years.

Rebecca and I bought a new LG 65" TV a little over a month ago. It didn't have the nice picture that the store model had.

Anyway, the boys (16 and 18) were wrestling and eventually it led to one feeling a little miffed because he wasn't winning. That led to him grabbing the dogs chew bone, which weighs over a pound, and tossing it at his brother. The throw was good, but the 18 yr old is quick and stepped aside. That exposed the very newish TV, which is exactly where the bone impacted. The TV now has two dents in the screen and only the upper half works.

The bad: Spending more money

The good: A very good lesson for the youngest and we get to replace a TV that we didn't like.

The youngest will get to be part of the replacement shopping trip, the unboxing and setup, the trash removal and the dump run to rid ourselves of the TV. It should take half the day so he can see that a new TV doesn't just magically appear.

I wonder if I can get him to spring for lunch?

Wasn't Christmas, but...

My first wife's family included alcoholics (both parents), a drug dealer, a killer (at age 11), a whore and one fairly normal citizen.

During one visit I witnessed the two older brothers get into a fight that ended when the second youngest brother concussed one with a brick. The other got up and kicked his ribs in.

The FIL, after drinking all day, threw family pictures into the fire and beer bottles through the front window. After he calmed down and was sitting on the sofa, the MIL started her rampage. At one point she began beating on her husband who was so drunk he couldn't defend himself. For a small woman, she had a hell of a left hook. Next day he looked like he went a couple rounds with Tyson.

When I told my wife we were leaving, the family united and turned on me. The oldest brother (only non-felon) knew I was armed and stepped between us as we walked out.

Current status of the family: Two bothers dead before age forty. One brother fathered four children he has never supported...mostly because he spent more time in prison than out. FIL died at 60 after spending the last five years of his life bedridden. MIL took care of him until he died. Oldest daughter is on husband five (I think). Ex-wife married a fellow alcoholic. Currently, they live in a decades old doublewide, she has some breathing disorder (Kool Filter Kings would be my diagnosis) and just finished her XX rehab stint. Our son does not allow her around his family.
    God bless you Eddie. That’s way more drama than I want to periodically handle.

God bless you Eddie. That’s way more drama than I want to periodically handle.

Fortunately, I PCSed to Okinawa soon after this debacle and stayed five years. Shortly after returning to CONUS we divorced.

In this day and age, with the shit that we are dealing with on a global scale that wants to see us, our lives, and our way of life annihilated, if loved ones and friends start arguing in front me, I will instantly give out the Walter Sobchak scowl. No words. Just the Walter Sobchak glare.

walter-sobchak-fishing-vest-e1561572524285.jpg

So far I have not have not had to look at anybody that way except at people spewing antigun nonsense in public...

Reactions: muzzleloader
    Wasn't Christmas, but...

Wow. I sat naked in the hot tub with my wife.

Meh.

Everything was good until yesterday at lunch when I heard my daughter and her husband ask his mother and 18yo sister to move into their basement and bring along the sister’s dead beat BF (who is currently living with and off of them and won’t work).

Just what they need is 3 dependents and people in their new house to break up any privacy. F it, I’ve let them know that they’re messing up and now it’s on them. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Are they auditioning for the Jerry Springer show?

No nightmares here - my side of the family is dead (Dad died on Labor Day, Mom and sister are long gone alone with my aunt, uncle, and several cousins). The in-laws are pretty cool people, with just enough quirkiness to keep things interesting.

I am glad that I no longer have to endure the things of my childhood. My children know nothing of it and they never will. My mother and wife have tied up real good 2 times, one of those times was the Christmas before last, then last Christmas we took my boys to the polar express in the mountains. I can only endure my mother for so long before I just blow a gasket, and I did last year in front of my children. It will never happen again, and I didn't do anything too crazy, just yelled at her after taking her drama and such for 2 days prior. (I told her I wish I could turn her into a man for 5 min so I could whip her ass and teach her how not to talk to people). After that, some very clear grounds rules were enacted and everyone is clear on the consequences of breaking those rules. It has been pretty peaceful since.

Are they auditioning for the Jerry Springer show?
    I would never say or think that a man shouldn’t take care of his mother. God knows I did despite her being a narcissist. His mom seems to be a hard working woman who is also unfortunately a doormat for the sister (and sister’s BF).

There’s more but Im already at my limit of internet dirty laundry. Suffice to say that my wife and I are both sure we’ll hear all about the drama in under a year and how they were so stupid to let all of this happen 🫤

Reactions: oneshot86
    I dont see my family much despite living within a hour of them all. It was refreshing to hear the anti establishment rhetoric from the ones i least expect. It was also in a joking have to laugh or we'll cry despair of reality while still maintaining gratitude for our situations. All in all its was a good Christmas.

I can tell you for sure nothing changes much for the next ten to fifteen years.

Rebecca and I bought a new LG 65" TV a little over a month ago. It didn't have the nice picture that the store model had.

Anyway, the boys (16 and 18) were wrestling and eventually it led to one feeling a little miffed because he wasn't winning. That led to him grabbing the dogs chew bone, which weighs over a pound, and tossing it at his brother. The throw was good, but the 18 yr old is quick and stepped aside. That exposed the very newish TV, which is exactly where the bone impacted. The TV now has two dents in the screen and only the upper half works.

The bad: Spending more money

The good: A very good lesson for the youngest and we get to replace a TV that we didn't like.

The youngest will get to be part of the replacement shopping trip, the unboxing and setup, the trash removal and the dump run to rid ourselves of the TV. It should take half the day so he can see that a new TV doesn't just magically appear.

I wonder if I can get him to spring for lunch?
    Sounds like my crew. Our boys are 6, 3, and 1 and we may have bitten more off than we can chew. 😂 they are nothing but energy all day long.

Reactions: The D and BCP
    Wasn't Christmas, but...

Did you marry the whore?

• Wow
    Reactions: NoDopes
    My guess is that your kids aren't as well behaved as you think. Most times this is the case. They were probably driving the old guy crazy.
    Seems normal in both instances to me.
    Some truth here. People who are not regularly around kids have a much lower tolerance for kid noise and actions.

I won the in-law lottery. They came in from Florida for Christmas this year and he's well employed. Always picks up the check when we go out and gives out a nice cash gift to all of us for Christmas. He watches Fox News and is involved in .gov contracts. I/we gave him a hundred rounds of 9mm for Christmas because he was bitching about not finding ammo in his neck of the woods even though I've told him where to order it online. MIL has everything she wants, so no need to go overboard on her gift. They prefer the giving part of Christmas anyway. My mom LOVES my wife and can't say enough nice things about her. It's well deserved as my wife is practically a saint. We all get along well. My wife's father, her mother's ex, is another story and they've stopped talking since his new wife texted my wife with some cunty text about how her father deserves a better daughter apparently becuase my wife didn't call or text him during the last Florida hurricane. It's ridiculous and I couldn't care less. I get along with him but he's been less than an ideal father to his two daughters since the divorce more than 40 years ago. He's on his fifth or sixth wife. I say something like, "most guys collect guns or build cars but he collects wives.". He's always got one in the wings when it's near the end of current one. I'd like to believe he's finally found the "one" but who knows.

*Let’s get it on!*

You can post his address... there's some folks here who could, say, send your FIL Fruitcakes or duct tape or pigeons or something...

Sirhr

My guess is that your kids aren't as well behaved as you think. Most times this is the case. They were probably driving the old guy crazy.
    Seems normal in both instances to me.
    Um, they’re 4 and 5. You’re just going to have to take my word that they’re pretty well behaved and that we have plenty of people tell us that they’re well behaved. I’m not re-hashing the same bullshit argument from last night with you

Reactions: supercorndogs
    Sounds like my crew. Our boys are 6, 3, and 1 and we may have bitten more off than we can chew. 😂 they are nothing but energy all day long.
    I totally feel ya bro. My 6 year old and his little brother (2) are just non freaking stop ALL DAY LONG! They are my kids so.....