• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The November Men... Finally streaming!!! Amazing movie.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
So I saw this movie at the Houston Film Festival in 1993. Went to see something else, but it was full so went into this one, which was basically empty. And it turned out to be an incredible movie. Sniper-theme... but a military thriller, political thriller, spy movie... It's fantastic.

The most interesting aspect is that the scenes shot right next to GHWB... are not faked or rear screen. They shot those scenes feet from the President by memorizing the lines and simply mouthing the words, dubbing in the sound later. So the Secret Service never knew they were talking about an assasination 10 feet from a sitting president. From what I heard later, the USSS crapped a litter of lizards when the film came out and they saw these scenes.

It is low budget, short and never made it into theaters. Handful of film festivals where I don't think it did great. But it was a fantastic movie at every level. Just post-Gulf War and the former Marine Sniper with the Barret steals the show in several ways. So do the arab terrorists who are too incompetent for their own good.

Now streaming and you can get on Amazon Prime or some other services.

Highly-recommend!

Sirhr

PS. Pairs well with one that I've written up here before but not in a long time... "For Queen and Country" with Denzel Washington (very young) as a highly-decorated British Paratrooper who is mustered out of the British Army after the Falklands. Instead of getting to stay in the UK as he was promised when he enlisted from a Colonial Craphole... he is told he has to return to his Colonial Craphole and cannot remain in England or get a job. Great but tragic sniper scenes. Utterly worthy movie and a lot of themes that resonate today. Also streams... doesn't come on satellite much any more.

Reactions: 1911hombre
The November Men is available from DVD Lady, whom I've bought from before, /dvdlady.com/dvd/the-november-men-1993-starring-james-andronica-on-dvd/ and For Queen and Country is avaiable on dvd pretty much everywhere, Walmart, E-bay, Amazon, etc.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
So I saw this movie at the Houston Film Festival in 1993. Went to see something else, but it was full so went into this one, which was basically empty. And it turned out to be an incredible movie. Sniper-theme... but a military thriller, political thriller, spy movie... It's fantastic.

The most interesting aspect is that the scenes shot right next to GHWB... are not faked or rear screen. They shot those scenes feet from the President by memorizing the lines and simply mouthing the words, dubbing in the sound later. So the Secret Service never knew they were talking about an assasination 10 feet from a sitting president. From what I heard later, the USSS crapped a litter of lizards when the film came out and they saw these scenes.

It is low budget, short and never made it into theaters. Handful of film festivals where I don't think it did great. But it was a fantastic movie at every level. Just post-Gulf War and the former Marine Sniper with the Barret steals the show in several ways. So do the arab terrorists who are too incompetent for their own good.

Now streaming and you can get on Amazon Prime or some other services.

Highly-recommend!

Sirhr

PS. Pairs well with one that I've written up here before but not in a long time... "For Queen and Country" with Denzel Washington (very young) as a highly-decorated British Paratrooper who is mustered out of the British Army after the Falklands. Instead of getting to stay in the UK as he was promised when he enlisted from a Colonial Craphole... he is told he has to return to his Colonial Craphole and cannot remain in England or get a job. Great but tragic sniper scenes. Utterly worthy movie and a lot of themes that resonate today. Also streams... doesn't come on satellite much any more.
Had this been done with a real budget and name actors it would have been Get Shorty/Usual Suspects level.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic