• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The OFFICIAL 'Wuhan' Coronavirus outbreak information and tracking thread. NARRATIVE CHANGE. "Endemic, just like the cold". Cuomo regrets lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That right there says it all........

So I wonder who would be getting cardiac care but now suffers because of "Baloney Virus"?

Or are you always slow?
I'm sure there are people who would otherwise be seeking care and aren't; that's probably bad in some cases and good in others. The American healthcare system delivers a ton of unnecessary care, so a lot of people are probably doing fine without coming to us. Others, probably not so much. That is one of the unfortunate consequences of a pandemic.

Has anyone read anything recently regarding "mild" cases still leading to permanent/long term reduced respiratory function and/or organ damage?

Unless there's an insurance company that can be milked.
It's probably not that simple. Most physicians have the same bias that everyone has: doing more stuff is better. It is hard for cardiologists and patients alike to believe that not every coronary lesion needs to be stented. Does it help that there's a financial incentive to do more procedures? It probably affects the thought process on some level.

Time to start saucing this sucker up.......

image.jpg

Has anyone read anything recently regarding "mild" cases still leading to permanent/long term reduced respiratory function and/or organ damage?
I don't think there is any suggestion of that so far. Those who require mechanical ventilation will often not recover to 100% of where they were before, but there's no reason to think that anyone would have permanent impairment from a mild case. I think there was some worry because of the loss of smell, which seems to take a long time to recover, and it's possible that means there is some other neurological involvement that we don't yet understand. But most seem to recover the smell at least.

Some things people don't get.

You chose a doctor on your healthcare list. They do not work for you they work for insurance companies trying to save them money.

You go to the hospital, thier business model is to drain your insurance carrier for all they can and your bank accounts as well.

Great compassion for them?

No. None.

Reactions: BadDogPSD and Tims
I understand. There's medical school to pay for. Those fancy cars, houses, vacation home, vacation to exotic places....... keeping up with the Joneses is a rough rat race.
It's probably not that simple. Most physicians have the same bias that everyone has: doing more stuff is better. It is hard for cardiologists and patients alike to believe that not every coronary lesion needs to be stented. Does it help that there's a financial incentive to do more procedures? It probably affects the thought process on some level.
Don't take it personally. It's a racket. Just think about how much money you have to bill for just to support the upper management and their retirement package. Nevermind the tangible overhead and then there's the pesky insurance for the mistakes.

They were on their way to self destruction until Nixon through them a life line. Probably a Bush CIA idea.

Clintons give them technology.

Than Bush junior let's em join the worlds economies though they have a BS economy.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.
There was lots of money to be made and cheap chicom products keept the 'poors' living standard higher

I'm sure there are people who would otherwise be seeking care and aren't; that's probably bad in some cases and good in others. The American healthcare system delivers a ton of unnecessary care, so a lot of people are probably doing fine without coming to us. Others, probably not so much. That is one of the unfortunate consequences of a pandemic.
You keep, talking like that and you'll get thrown out of the double secret Caduceus club.

Many labs and ct's and med thingies are owned by Doctors groups. Could this account for any over testing? Don't get me wrong, I would not want to die from the test I did not have. But there can be conflicts. Having a close friend who is a good doctor can steer you to other good Doctors. They do exist.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
You keep, talking like that and you'll get thrown out of the double secret Caduceus club.

Many labs and ct's and med thingies are owned by Doctors groups. Could this account for any over testing? Don't get me wrong, I would not want to die from the test I did not have. But there can be conflicts. Having a close friend who is a good doctor can steer you to other good Doctors. They do exist.
This isn't just us, to be fair. There are other professions with enormous information asymmetry and where there is a potential for conflict of interest in recommending more services: lawyers, car mechanics. It's worse with us because it's more coercive ("do you need this heart cath? maybe, maybe not, but YOU MIGHT DIE") and we are always spending other people's money. And usually neither we nor the patient know how much money that is.

Reactions: Bradu

You chose a doctor on your healthcare list. They do not work for you they work for insurance companies trying to save them money.

You go to the hospital, thier business model is to drain your insurance carrier for all they can and your bank accounts as well.

No. None.

You said "insurance (company/carrier)" twice. Pretty sure you've identified the problem.

This one is powerful. Gave me chills. I seen it in the motivational pic thread and found the article to link here.

After a photo of a Navy Master Chief in full uniform entering the closed ocean in Emerald Isle, North Carolina went viral, the town announced that it will reopen its beaches.
Photos made the rounds of the serviceman standing in the ocean facing the shore with a sign in front of him reading “Land of the Free.”

113DEB0F-62DA-4405-BEF9-2765958DD2A0.jpeg

No. None.

You should think about making a generalized statement because it's misleading.
Your doctor doesn't work for anyone but themselves unless they are in a group.
The doctors choose to accept the payment from the insurance company per the contract.
There is nothing where a doctor has to be a provider, except the willingness to accept the terms of a two party contract.
I for one am pretty greatful they tried to fleece my insurance company for almost $750k while in the hospital.

I truly sympathize with all the people that are affected by the current state of affairs in this county.
A lot of folks are NOT going to come out of this all right,whether they get the virus or not

Here's a little story,
I don't want any sympathy, but let me tell you how easily a person could lose everything in the blink of an eye- literally.
Had this story happened when I was 30 I would have lost everything because my home,car,motorcycle were not paid for.
I had credit card debts,student loans and not much bank

Anyhow
On April 23rd of last year I went in for a simple hernia repair.
I wanted to get it knocked out because the wife and I had a busy year comming up with selling our 3 Northern homes and moving to our Florida home.
BUT
While I was in the recovery room and getting dressed I had a widowmaker heart attack and face planted into the floor.
I coded 3x's, spent a total of 10:58 minutes down.
I was put on bypass and my core temp cooled for a 5 days, I then spent 7 day's in cardiac ICU.
Real glad this isn't a 3rd world country and the Doctor's weren't to busy

Just to make sure they got everything they could the Syrian Doctor gave me the wrong meds.
By the time my wife got there 25 minutes had elapses, she noted the wrong meds hanging on the IV pole.
By then I needed 6 units of blood and 5 more packs of platelets, the doctor bleed me out and it happens that fast.

During the time I was bleeding out almost all that liquid stayed in my belly and formed two vessels that were attached to my bladder they were about the size of a 2 liter bottle each,think giant blister.

I have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma and the dumbass didn't look at my chart, the Heparin he used over loaded my Lymph Nodes,Spleen and Liver which caused me to go B-Systematic.
From there I spent 39 more days in ICU before going to a step down unit because again they tried killing me.
Only this time they put me in respiratory arrest.

My insurance spent another $250k on chemo and I had almost a full year of hospital's.
After it was said and done the total out of pocket was $480.

There are a lot of drama queens who bitch just to hear themselves, those are the ones I feel sorry for.
Why?
Because when some real life drama comes along they'll be the first to collapse inward to a big steaming pile of shit they always were.
Unwilling to help themselves and to selfish to help others.

Let me tell you from experience, when the shit truly hits the fan it doesn't matter how much money you have,what matters is what you were born with in your heart.

Too bad even Bill will be ignored. Looks like he missed the huddle and/or didn't read the playbook.

It is perfectly clear that Bill Maher has Stockholm Syndrome for the Democrat party. Ever since his own people threw him under the bus for the "house nigger" joke he made on his show, he is seeing what the true face of the Democratic party is all about. I give it less than a few years before Bill starts calling himself a Libertarian again and this time he means it and doesn't say it as a weed supporting joke.

Milage varies with health care.
Workmans comp, ruptured disk.
3 different dx, surgery, pain the rest of my life 10% disability payout cant lift more than 30lbs without bad pain.
Current dx little help.

Workmans comp #2 chemically burnt lungs, no possible treatment. 10% payout 2 different work comp dx, current dx no real help.

Fired after 34 years for reporting them.
Disability not approved have to wait 6 years to get ss. My current dx refused to help.

My opinion of the medical field is so low you need to start digging to find it.

Kiss my ass.

3 different dx, surgery, pain the rest of my life 10% disability payout cant lift more than 30lbs without bad pain.
Current dx little help.

Workmans comp #2 chemically burnt lungs, no possible treatment. 10% payout 2 different work comp dx, current dx no real help.

Disability not approved have to wait 6 years to get ss. My current dx refused to help.

Kiss my ass.
I’m sorry. Back pain really sucks. And in a lot of cases, maybe most, there’s really nothing we can do. And in general there are still many afflictions where all we can do is wait and hope the body heals itself. It’s frustrating for everyone.

Two recent studies that tested randomly selected groups for the SARS-CoV-2 specific antibodies seem to indicate that the number of people who were infected may be up to 10 times higher than previously estimated. (More testing is needed and underway)

These findings could bring the 'real' mortality rate of Covid-19 in the range of influenza at around 0.1-0.2% (i.e. 1 to 2 people will die for every 1000 infected).

H-O-W-E-V-E-R

It also means that this disease spreads faster and is harder to contain than expected. Remember, ~10 times more infected people than anticipated.

Conclusion:
This trend is good news for anyone who gets --often unknowingly-- infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. There seems to be less of a chance that you die from it. But if the initial findings are representative, it will also be harder to manage outbreaks and prevent them from swamping the available healthcare resources.

The statements above DO NOT mean that this is "just another flu". Aside from different disease manifestations, Covid-19 is spreading much faster and deeper into the population than influenza A and B. Covid-19 may 'only' kill as many percent of the infected population as 'the flu' but the SARS-CoV-2 virus has the ability to infects more people faster. That's why we have never before seen that many patients with a "flu-like respiratory illness" at one time and witness a significant increase in the overall death rate for the last month.

Notes:
Personally, I will continue all efforts to avoid infection for as long as possible for two reasons.

Firstly, as time goes by more treatment options will become available for those who might develop severe symptoms. I am not in the high-risk categories but even young and healthy people have died because their immune system acted in a peculiar and ultimately destructive way. How our immune system reacts is largely determined by the grand genetic lottery and who knows where the winning and loosing tickets are. We maybe able to identify a genetic 'high risk' marker in the future.

Secondly, I cannot justify to infringe on other's right to life and health by increasing my chance of running around with a contagious disease that I am not aware of.

Last edited:
I cannot justify to infringe on other's right to life and health by increasing my chance of running around with a contagious disease that I am not aware of.

If you are not aware that you have it? What's your plan? To lock yourself in the house forever?
I don't understand what you are saying?

Two recent studies that tested randomly selected groups for the SARS-CoV-2 specific antibodies seem to indicate that the number of people who were infected may be up to 10 times higher than previously estimated. (More testing is needed and underway)

These findings could bring the 'real' mortality rate of Covid-19 in the range of influenza at around 0.1-0.2% (i.e. 1 to 2 people will die for every 1000 infected).

H-O-W-E-V-E-R

It also means that this disease spreads faster and is harder to contain than expected. Remember, ~10 times more infected people than anticipated.

Conclusion:
This trend is good news for anyone who gets --often unknowingly-- infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. There seems to be less of a chance that you croak from it. But it also makes it harder to manage outbreaks and prevent them from swamping the available healthcare resources.

The statements above DO NOT mean that this is "just another flu". Aside from different disease manifestations, Covid-19 is spreading much faster and deeper into the population than influenza A and B. Covid-19 may 'only' kill as many percent of the infected population as 'the flu' but the SARS-CoV-2 virus has the ability to infects more people faster. That's why we have never before seen that many patients with a "flu-like respiratory illness" at one time and have a significant increase in the overall death rate for the last month.

Notes:
Personally, I will continue all efforts to avoid infection for as long as possible for two reasons.

Firstly, as time goes by more treatment options will become available for those who might develop severe symptoms. I am not in the high-risk categories but even young and healthy people have died because their immune system acted in a peculiar and ultimately destructive way. How our immune system reacts is largely determined by the grand genetic lottery.

Secondly, I cannot justify to infringe on other's right to life and health by increasing my chance of running around with a contagious disease that I am not aware of.
So basically the same shit we have been saying for a month now and the same shit you and many others have been arguing against calling us wrong and “deniers”. Gotcha. ?

How are you sure you dont have other infectious diseases - AIDS, Mumps, Chicken Pox, Nile Fever, Encephalitis........

Your foreign bred willingness to accept loss of freedom for a little bit of safety is showing through.

One reason that our Constitution requires our highest office be "Native Born".

Granted that "Joie de Freedom" that used to be an inborn thing has been lost due to the indoctrination of our public schooling .

But the idea "If it saves just one life" should ring a bell of alarm in the ear of any true American.

Please seek out @TheGerman for some tutorials on bringing your inner American,that is screaming to get out of that German shell, to the surface.

I know he is Austrian, not German, but Schwarzenegger was never able to complete the transition. Took America for all the opportunity it offered and now wants to close the door behind him.

Austrians that pretend to be German - man they really have screwed you guys over.......and the damn Austrians stole Beethoven from you while giving you shit in return.

Current dx little help.

Kiss my ass.

You need to get a good SS laywer.
I had 2 surgeries on my neck and needed a third one.
The third surgery involved taking all the previous hardware out,and fusing my neck from C6 to C1
Along with my cancer my disability was approved in 22 days,I truly was expecting a two year battle

The ONLY reason I went this route was, I had my 30 years in but they moved the goal post and changed the age requirements from 57 to 62
I would have taken a huge hit on my pension and still would had to wait to collect SS for another 6 years.

The lawyers only want long term clients. I have rode it to ground if I live to October.

My current dx screwed me on recieving disability to save the insurance company money.

Reactions: Bender
Got out from under the net today and went shopping.

Mixture of masks / gloves in use and not, dirty looks both directions it's America, I do what I want and mind my own business.

Paper products back on shelves, meat limited. Some ammo / components on the shelf, nothing I needed.

Texas got tired of screwing around.

Lines to get into stores look like the God Damn USSR boys.

How are you sure you dont have other infectious diseases - AIDS, Mumps, Chicken Pox, Nile Fever, Encephalitis........

Your foreign bred willingness to accept loss of freedom for a little bit of safety is showing through.

One reason that our Constitution requires our highest office be "Native Born".

Granted that "Joie de Freedom" that used to be an inborn thing has been lost due to the indoctrination of our public schooling .

But the idea "If it saves just one life" should ring a bell of alarm in the ear of any true American.

Please seek out @TheGerman for some tutorials on bringing your inner American,that is screaming to get out of that German shell, to the surface.

I know he is Austrian, not German, but Schwarzenegger was never able to complete the transition. Took America for all the opportunity it offered and now wants to close the door behind him.

Austrians that pretend to be German - man they really have screwed you guys over.......and the damn Austrians stole Beethoven from you while giving you shit in return.
Negative on the diseases you mentioned plus vaccinated against the ones that can be easily transmitted. And no, they did not implant a microchip at a time when radios still had tubes is them.

I am glad to be unqualified for 'highest office'. The amount of reasonable people you can work with these days has fallen well below what my management skills could handle. The Left is totally of the rails and so is the far Right. I would have to spend my entire time smashing skulls of knuckleheads together like a teacher in the good ol' days.

Could you please respect my personal choices that are based on my (!) risk management and moral compass. I have stated before that I wore PPE long before 'the man' suggested or required it. Please also remember that your freedom, you are so worried about and that I am not infringing on in any way, ends at my toes.

When I lived in Germany, I did not have any old, stale beef with Austrians. I also got along great with a historic arch enemy, the French, who ironically seem to have more balls these days than we on the other side of the pond.

That reminds me of the smell of teargas when we, at about the same age, shouted the equivalent of "hell fuck no" to the ideas of the German elites. I wish my parents, teachers, and former bosses could hear your claims of me being overly obedient. Would be entertaining to see them rolling on the floor, laughing.

Last edited:
So basically the same shit we have been saying for a month now and the same shit you and many others have been arguing against calling us wrong and “deniers”. Gotcha. ?
Are you really that dense? I structured the text so that even people with poor reading comprehension can see that the findings are a two-sided coin. It should be apparent to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together that our main problem, the amount of people needing intensive care at a certain point in time, has not changed.

But let me take it step by step. IF you increase the amount of infected people by a factor of ten AND consequently decrease the mortality by a factor of ten, THEN you end up with the same amount of graves after needing roughly as many ventilators and staff as before. (I used the word "roughly" because I expect the survival rate in the ICU to improve over time).

Also, it's not exactly "gotcha" if someone tells you voluntarily what seems to be the current state of our knowledge on a fast moving target and that coincides with your assumptions.

Your statements about mortality rate were and are still based on what you want to believe, what you are comfortable with. They are not derived via reason from first principles and reasonable assumptions. That's already a huge problem. This universe does not give a hoot about what we think or believe. The only way we can get close to the 'truth' is by taking great care in what we assume and how we logically connect things. Pulling dogma out of thin air and clobbering the universe over the head until it surrenders is a fools errand. This method works in religious and political cults though.

Then, you repeatedly claimed that the experts are wrong because they changed their statements. What you don't realize is that NOT changing in a complex and moving world is the real problem. A broken clock is right twice a day but that does not make it very useful for the rest of the time.

Be prepared that what I reported previously may change while your opinion is still stuck in concrete. Until then, let's celebrate that we are currently on the same footing with the mortality rate.

Last edited:
Negative on the diseases you mentioned plus vaccinated against the ones that can be easily transmitted. And no, they did not implant a microchip at a time when radios still had tubes is them.

I am glad to be unqualified for 'highest office'. The amount of reasonable people you can work with these days has fallen well below what my management skills could handle. The Left is totally of the rails and so is the far Right. I would have to spend my entire time smashing skulls of knuckleheads together like a teacher in the good ol' days.

Could you please respect my personal choices that are based on my (!) risk management and moral compass. I have stated before that I wore PPE long before 'the man' suggested or required it. Please also remember that your freedom, you are so worried about and that I am not infringing on in any way, ends at my toes.

When I lived in Germany, I did not have any old, stale beef with Austrians. I also got along great with a historic arch enemy, the French, who ironically seem to have more balls these days than we on the other side of the pond.

That reminds me of the smell of teargas when we, at about the same age, shouted the equivalent of "hell fuck no" to the ideas of the German elites. I wish my parents, teachers, and former bosses could hear your claims of me being overly obedient. Would be entertaining to see them rolling on the floor, laughing.

I respect your personal choices I will not couch my attack on you in the language that "your wearing a mask is an attack on my freedom" if you will stop attacking those that choose not to wear one by making the case "they are trying to kill old people"

It boils down to personal choice based on risk assessment .

PS - the only balls the French have are on their chins. Last fight they had their balls in the appropriate place was holding up the Germans long enough for the Brits to run away at Dunkirk.

Reactions: Bender
I respect your personal choices I will not couch my attack on you in the language that "your wearing a mask is an attack on my freedom" if you will stop attacking those that choose not to wear one by making the case "they are trying to kill old people"

It boils down to personal choice based on risk assessment .

PS - the only balls the French have are on their chins. Last fight they had their balls in the appropriate place was holding up the Germans long enough for the Brits to run away at Dunkirk.

French are far more willing to challenge the 'power' than just about any nation in the world ?Remember last time anyone seriously protested anything in US? Also militarily they are historicaly the nation with most miltary victories of any. Got bad rep from WW2 mainly because half of them liked being under Nazis.

Protests mid lockdown

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
The French are willing to take it to the barricades on a whole different level than the overly comfortable Americans are.
Also got a lot to do with laws , this kind of violent protesting beating up cops ,would land folks on long jail terms in US not so in France or anywhere else in Europe . Repressive State Apparatus more or less made sure this newer really happens, not only that folks are continually conditioned to see it as a friend not a foe . At worst you get lame sit -ins like Occupy Wallstreet or only protestor on protestor violence like with antifa, but nothing that would take on the 'power'.

Last edited:
But but but they said that the five O wouldn't participate in tyranny.
Also got a lot to do with laws , this kind of violent protesting beating up cops ,would land folks on long jail terms in US not so in France or anywhere else in Europe . So power more or less made sure this newer really happens . At worst you get lame sit -ins like Occupy Wallstreet or only protestor on protestor violence like with antifa, but nothing that would take on the the 'power'.

Reactions: Darayavaus
Will see , but I reckon covid19 crisis will permanently expand powers of Repressive State Apparatus all over the world , much like 9/11 did. The tech industry is rolling out new surveillance tech and apps almost daily to monitor the lock-down , once this shitshow is over the tools developed for it will not be destroyed, locked away ,or outlawed . Nope ,the businesses behind them will be hailed heroes , CEOs will get cover pages in magazines and tech will be used daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.