• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The OFFICIAL 'Wuhan' Coronavirus outbreak information and tracking thread. NARRATIVE CHANGE. "Endemic, just like the cold". Cuomo regrets lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are everyone's thought on how long before life gets back to some semblance of normalcy?
A very "timely" question... Some observations.... I went to several websites to purchase heirloom seeds for my garden. I found many sites were only taking orders from commercial growers or other sites were sold out of their every day seeds. I talked to some local growers. They have lost their restaurant accounts and will have an abundance of vegetables. What they are doing is buying enough seeds to plant again in the spring of 2021. They see a shortage coming and a break down of deliveries.
My CPA sent out a letter saying they have gone to the extreme of setting up their accounts in the "Cloud" and will have the majority of their people working from home. That is a permanent move.
Needed injectors for my John Deere tractor. Spoke with the parts man in Dallas who was working from home. Parts were drop shipped from Missoula and I had them the next day.... May not be seeing those big John Deere stores in the future. If your lucky you might get a JD "Just in time"...
I was scheduled for carpel tunnel surgery and cataract surgery. Both were cancelled with no idea of when they can even be scheduled...
I'm just an old retired welder... I think it will be mid year of 2021 (12 -16 months) before there is any semblance to normal. And that is if there are no more Black Swans... Do some reading in the Book of Revelations and you will see some similarities of these times.

Hobo

I know I'm being a bit grim here, but am I the only one seeing a bit of karma here? I mean how long have boomers been bitching and moaning about my fellow millennials and then cry fowl anytime we say something back to them and claim we don't have respect for our elders or some other bullshit snowflake response like that? Now boomers are shitting their Depends because of a virus released that targets boomers with lethal results.

I saw MTN posted this in another thread and it is so aggravating I had to respond in both forums because this lady is so stupid and uneducated.

Buckle in and come with me for a little countryside drive...

1. Who in their right mind believes the mainstream media this literally? They are selling sensationalism, and have for years. Where did my salt lick go? I need to lick it some more after watching both sides of the reporting there.

2 . How scientific or literal do you think any of those were when doing their "reporting?" When they opened up the testing tents there were lines, ie-Black Friday at 4 am vs Black Friday at 10 pm.

3. Hospitals are hemorrhaging money now BECAUSE THEY ARE EMPTY as a result of preparing for the unknown case load that hopefully will not come to them as a result of the precautions being taken at the advice of the CDC/white house/whoever else comes up with terms like "social distancing". They are doing what Italy most likely wished they would have done. All non emergent surgeries/tests/procedures have been rescheduled and postponed to TRY KEEPING THE HOSPITALS FREE OF COVID 19/practice and promote successful social distancing, and also to ensure if the service area any hospital develops a large outbreak of the virus there will be adequate beds available for the infected patients.

Where I am working now there are two places where COVID patients are being taken for care, one is obviously ICU(for the ventilated and more critical or complicated patients) and the other is an entire floor that was reassigned from an elective procedures recovery unit to COVID only(separating patients who do and who do not have it so as not to allow spread of the virus throughout the hospital). It is temporarily dedicated during this crisis (yes I said crisis, That is what it is) for anyone who tests positive or is symptomatic and awaiting results of said testing but is doing well enough to tolerate standard nursing care.

The reason hospitals are empty is because you are not seeing people go there for at least 3 reasons-
A. People are seeing the sensationalized news footage and thinking if they so much as look up the number to the hospital in the phone book they will get coronavirus, so they sure as heck won't go to the ER unless they think they are dying! (Which is ironically what an ER is supposed to be for anyways. Basically patients are now treating the hospital the way it normally should be treated.
B. Medium and large hospitals are always busy with non emergent care of people, ie orthopedic surgeries, gallbladder surgeries that truly could wait, plastic surgeries, etc... Now they are not for the same reasons I spoke to above.
C. Healthcare is becoming much more digitized and many hospitals are pushing for virtual visits to promote social distancing. You can get on your phone, tablet, computer and basically skype or face time with a doctor and they will try and help you that way first. If they cannot, (often they can) they will advise you to go to the hospital, doctors office, or give a referral or whatever. Virtual appointments = less people going to the hospital=less risk of infecting staff and patient in the hospital like has happened in many nursing homes throughout the country (100% infection rate of residents).

You would be amazed at how often people use the ER as their own personal family physician. That is being cracked down on and people are encouraged to do the virtual thing and people are doing it because it is often cheaper. Usually people are abusing the ER for non emergent things because they don't have money(which doesn't make sense but these often are not the smartest people) or lack of insurance. In many hospitals if you show up in an ER the doctor IS REQUIRED to see you and prove that you are not dying and then sends you away OR admits you. All this regardless of insurance or ability to pay.

Some facilities are "overwhelmed" with these patients not because they are thronging to the doors like the climax of the walking dead, but because they have X amount of patients needing this specialized care and Y amount of resources to dedicate to them at their disposal. Like if you have a burrito truck and there are 10 people in line but you only can sell 6 burritos (which would be a sad commentary on our troubled times.)

The media sucks and they always spin things to make people want to wait around and watch their entire broadcast. This lady is a fool and is doing a disservice to everyone who is sacrificing their regular paychecks for the greater good based on SCIENTIFIC recommendations by large groups based on real numbers tallied over as long a period as possible for as much statistical accuracy as can be achieved. She and the news agency are both only showing a single snapshot in time of both the high, and the low. Also her douche nugget followers are A-holes going up and harassing people in the hospitals when they are just trying to do their jobs. The first guy is the worst with the ambulance guy. Seriously, Who ever qualified this guy to diagnose anyone with COVID 19 in the back of an ambulance. It takes a medical degree and a 4-6 day test to know who does and doesn't have it with multiple other services like xray, CT Scan, routine lab work, etc......Idiots....

What time were all of these shots taken? Obviously the news reporter was at night when every ER is the busiest and probably on a Saturday night, usually the busiest night of the week. The amateur reporters were filmed when? 730 am when everyone is sleeping? Sunday at 10 when people are not likely to go out or when it is raining and people aren't willing to go out? The point of all this is, yes the lame-stream media has overblown this to look like a war zone in the movies(Geez guys, this isn't MASH!!), but it was underblown just as bad by this douche nugget's youtube amateur reporting channel.

By raise of hands how many people think Grey's Anatomy or Scrubs come anywhere near to reality? Anyone...???Anyone...???

The reality is that this "war" is based on probabilities and statistics compared with known inventory and expected shortages in worst case scenario, and taking precautions to prevent worst case scenario in an attempt to achieve best case scenario, while realizing that realistically it will probably fall somewhere in between.

Let's play a little game. I would like to call it Pearl Harbor... (if anyone gets out their history books to critique my play numbers, Ima go Jackie Chan on you) If they had known there were going to be 200 Japanese planes that were wanting to come bomb Hawaii they would have told everyone to go to the safest place possible, engage in the safest behavior possible, and stay there as long as they could due to 'the unknown outcome' and severity of the attack. Also, they would: set up extra tents for patients, had more phlebotomists, lab and radiology technologists, nurses, surgical staff, and doctors to help triage and treat all the wounded on hand, and gotten rid of the patients in the hospitals who could safely be discharged in an attempt to free up beds, services, staff, supplies, and equipment for the possibility that they would hit in any critical or high density places, and, and, and.... Instead they got caught with their pants down and got slaughtered. They lost Pearl Harbor simply because they just weren't ready.

Hospitals are playing Pearl Harbor. They are positioning themselves to be ready if they need to be. Hopefully most wont. Depends on how this plays out. It is new and unknown. If everyone follows the basic recommendations the chances are much lower there will be mass crisis simply because it will help to make it manageable by the different facilities that were shown to be empty. There are all these people to try and poke holes in this thing and they just don't understand it. It is doing more harm than good.
What they ought to do is poke holes in the crappy reporting and sensationalism the media promotes on their 24/7 "news" cycle. Then there would be less people on here who are so distrustful of what they are told by the ones who are actually telling it like it is when it really matters. Salt Lick.

The end. You may now unbuckle your seat belts. Thank you for coming along on the ride.
Thank you! I don't disagree with any part of your post. (y)

That said, I haven't left the house in 2 weeks for anything. Too bad more people haven't made the same sacrifice of their 'conveniences.'

402710983.gif
@Centerfire01

Well looks like we have us a Senior citizen genocider on our hands.

I’m not letting you see granny in the nursing home. Your liable to dirt nap her with the pillow while she’s sleepign . :sleep:??‍☠️

Better be careful! I don't wanna have to switch on my AARP card detecting sensor! :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: Dpp
Thank you! I don't disagree with any part of your post. (y)

That said, I haven't left the house in 2 weeks for anything. Too bad more people haven't made the same sacrifice of their 'conveniences.'

I would have loved to be able to stay in the apartment for a few weeks straight with my mom and my GF all safely here, and posting on the Hide... And I would have applied to be a temp mod here a few weeks back when Lowlight said he was looking for more moderators... But I am an 'essential' worker so at least 4 days a week it is grab the N95 and my tool case and brave the (fortunately relatively empty) streets and subways. Everything except the mask gets misted with 70% isopropyl alcohol from an old 409 spray bottle when I get home, especially the ass cheeks of my jeans which come into direct contact with the seats on the train...

A very "timely" question... Some observations.... I went to several websites to purchase heirloom seeds for my garden. I found many sites were only taking orders from commercial growers or other sites were sold out of their every day seeds. I talked to some local growers. They have lost their restaurant accounts and will have an abundance of vegetables. What they are doing is buying enough seeds to plant again in the spring of 2021. They see a shortage coming and a break down of deliveries.
My CPA sent out a letter saying they have gone to the extreme of setting up their accounts in the "Cloud" and will have the majority of their people working from home. That is a permanent move.
Needed injectors for my John Deere tractor. Spoke with the parts man in Dallas who was working from home. Parts were drop shipped from Missoula and I had them the next day.... May not be seeing those big John Deere stores in the future. If your lucky you might get a JD "Just in time"...
I was scheduled for carpel tunnel surgery and cataract surgery. Both were cancelled with no idea of when they can even be scheduled...
I'm just an old retired welder... I think it will be mid year of 2021 (12 -16 months) before there is any semblance to normal. And that is if there are no more Black Swans... Do some reading in the Book of Revelations and you will see some similarities of these times.

Hobo

Good post, and thanks for sharing.

I believe we are going to see the death of old business models and the birth of new ones (or at least growth of some emergent models). The dine-in restaurant business, car dealerships, and most retail spaces are ripe for "disruption" (I hate the overuse of that term in the business space, but it might not be strong enough today).

Maybe we see a re-emergence of in-home medical care. I can tell ya that I have little interest in going to a medical facility right now for treatment of anything that isn't life-threatening, but I wouldn't mind someone making a house call to do a yearly physical, give the kids their immunizations, or even do minor procedures (yeah, sure, I'm ok with getting a couple stitches placed in my chin while sitting in my living room if it means staying out of the urgent care center).

Most parts stores have already made efforts to push sales towards online ordering; it's a logical way to reduce in-store inventory costs. And it's not like the bozo behind the counter at the local A-zone was offering me a lot of value anyways. Hopefully the small, knowledgeable independent stores still survive, but I suspect they'll need to evolve in some fashion.

There was little point to big indoor shopping malls before and almost zero need now. That business model is a zombie, and that any banks were willing to loan a retail store a single penny after the '09 cratering just shows that people get stupid when gambling with house money. Small retailers that have a point to their existence (like the local independent outdoor clothing store that I like to support at any and every opportunity) will survive and maybe even thrive, and it'd be nice to see the same model applied to other retail segments.

The fitness industry will need to evolve from cramming a bunch of sweaty people into small strip-mall boxes to... what? I dunno. My wife's trainer is doing a lot of online classes right now and it's pretty effective, but many (most?) people also are looking for the social interaction that comes from a trip to the gym.

From what I see around here, outdoor activities are booming in popularity. Can't go to the gym and stand need to a bunch of sweaty creeps? No problem, go take a hike in the local park. This may end up being one of the most positive consequences of this mess.

Car dealerships can go fuck themselves - they take roughly 50% of the total profit involved in building and selling a car, and don't provide shit in terms of value. But I'm unconvinced that Tesla has the right model. For those of us that normally walk into a dealership with a good idea of what we want and don't need to get raped by the financing department, there is a certain appeal to online shopping, or maybe at a dealership with a much smaller footprint and virtually zero inventory beyond a small demo fleet. Assuming that just-in-time delivery systems survive this mess (not a great assumption), there is virtually no reason that I could not custom-order a car today and have it built next week. The automakers and their parts suppliers all have remarkably sophisticated back-end order placement/fulfillment systems; they just aren't utilized properly by the traditional dealership model.

The movie theater industry might be permanently fucked, with the very significant exception of the classic drive-in. We still have a four-screen drive-in nearby, and I bet it'll be packed this summer.

Work-from-home will become the norm, and not just for us weirdos. The most valuable employees will become those who can effectively direct their own tasks and have the discipline to get a job done without a boss standing over the proverbial shoulder; the suck-asses who like to call meetings so that they can soap-box and grandstand will hopefully find themselves knocked down a spot or several in the org chart.

The family doctors here have shut their practices and are directing their patients to the immediate care which is also where the possible China Virus patients are being sent. I need a extra few days of the antibiotics they put me on a few weeks ago for a unrelated issue and I was told by the practice nurse I would need to go to the immediate care for any assistance which makes no since at all. I have a freaking staff infection from a cut....so now I am suppose to go hang out at the China Virus location while the Doctor sets his ass at home to be safe????

• Angry
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Good post, and thanks for sharing.

I believe we are going to see the death of old business models and the birth of new ones (or at least growth of some emergent models). The dine-in restaurant business, car dealerships, and most retail spaces are ripe for "disruption" (I hate the overuse of that term in the business space, but it might not be strong enough today).

Maybe we see a re-emergence of in-home medical care. I can tell ya that I have little interest in going to a medical facility right now for treatment of anything that isn't life-threatening, but I wouldn't mind someone making a house call to do a yearly physical, give the kids their immunizations, or even do minor procedures (yeah, sure, I'm ok with getting a couple stitches placed in my chin while sitting in my living room if it means staying out of the urgent care center).

Most parts stores have already made efforts to push sales towards online ordering; it's a logical way to reduce in-store inventory costs. And it's not like the bozo behind the counter at the local A-zone was offering me a lot of value anyways. Hopefully the small, knowledgeable independent stores still survive, but I suspect they'll need to evolve in some fashion.

There was little point to big indoor shopping malls before and almost zero need now. That business model is a zombie, and that any banks were willing to loan a retail store a single penny after the '09 cratering just shows that people get stupid when gambling with house money. Small retailers that have a point to their existence (like the local independent outdoor clothing store that I like to support at any and every opportunity) will survive and maybe even thrive, and it'd be nice to see the same model applied to other retail segments.

The fitness industry will need to evolve from cramming a bunch of sweaty people into small strip-mall boxes to... what? I dunno. My wife's trainer is doing a lot of online classes right now and it's pretty effective, but many (most?) people also are looking for the social interaction that comes from a trip to the gym.

From what I see around here, outdoor activities are booming in popularity. Can't go to the gym and stand need to a bunch of sweaty creeps? No problem, go take a hike in the local park. This may end up being one of the most positive consequences of this mess.

Car dealerships can go fuck themselves - they take roughly 50% of the total profit involved in building and selling a car, and don't provide shit in terms of value. But I'm unconvinced that Tesla has the right model. For those of us that normally walk into a dealership with a good idea of what we want and don't need to get raped by the financing department, there is a certain appeal to online shopping, or maybe at a dealership with a much smaller footprint and virtually zero inventory beyond a small demo fleet. Assuming that just-in-time delivery systems survive this mess (not a great assumption), there is virtually no reason that I could not custom-order a car today and have it built next week. The automakers and their parts suppliers all have remarkably sophisticated back-end order placement/fulfillment systems; they just aren't utilized properly by the traditional dealership model.

The movie theater industry might be permanently fucked, with the very significant exception of the classic drive-in. We still have a four-screen drive-in nearby, and I bet it'll be packed this summer.

Work-from-home will become the norm, and not just for us weirdos. The most valuable employees will become those who can effectively direct their own tasks and have the discipline to get a job done without a boss standing over the proverbial shoulder; the suck-asses who like to call meetings so that they can soap-box and grandstand will hopefully find themselves knocked down a spot or several in the org chart.
I don’t think that all places that people gather are done. People have to interact. We are social creatures. Without that, people would go insane.

The people that are essential and have jobs that really matter can not work from home.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
The family doctors here have shut their practices and are directing their patients to the immediate care which is also where the possible China Virus patients are being sent. I need a extra few days of the antibiotics they put me on a few weeks ago for a unrelated issue and I was told by the practice nurse I would need to go to the immediate care for any assistance which makes no since at all. I have a freaking staff infection from a cut....so now I am suppose to go hang out at the China Virus location while the Doctor sets his ass at home to be safe????

It will be hard for me to resist telling her "If I go there, wait on a long ass line and end up catching the China beer AIDS, I'mma fuck BOTH ya'll asses up"...

Of course I do not recommend that course of action, but everybody with average intelligence can put two and two together and see things for what they are. Having non-virus patients deliberately gather in places that are known hotspots for viral spread?
smiley_freak.gif

Reactions: Tazman and TACC
HEART HEALTH CONSCIOUS LONG ISLAND PHYSICIAN GETS INNOVATIVE WITH HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE TREATMENT...

Dr. Mohammed Alam, a geriatric physician who is in charge of the health and well being of the residents in three nursing homes operated by his hospital, knows that COVID-19 presents an extremely serious threat to his patients. While he is aware that the mixture of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin has achieved numerous successful results from trials all over the world, it is also known that this particular combination of medications may cause potentially serious heart rhythm disruptions particularly in people with heart issues. After some research and experimenting, Dr. Alam substituted azithromycin with doxycycline, an antibiotic that performs with almost identical chemical and physical properties as Z-Pak, but with almost no adverse side effects on the heart. To this day, Dr. Alam had treated dozens of patients in his nursing homes that have seen the ravaging of COVID-19. His success and recovery rate has been 81%, in a population which is the most vulnerable in the face of the novel coronavirus...

----------
A New York doctor hopes to help his elderly COVID-19 patients with a treatment plan inspired by the success tentatively being reported with hydroxychloroquine — and which he says shows promising results.

Dr. Mohammud Alam, an infectious disease specialist affiliated with Plainview Hospital, said
81 percent of infected covid patients he treated at three Long Island nursing homes recovered from the contagion.

“In this crisis, I realized I had to do something,” Alam said. ”I realized if this was my dad, what would I do? And I would do anything I could to help.”

Alam said he decided he could not apply the touted combination of the antimalarial hydroxychloroquine and antibiotic azithromycin because the side effects could be potentially fatal for his high-risk patients, many of whom had underlying heart issues and had comorbidities such as hypertension, coronary artery disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or congestive heart failure.

The FDA has warnings that azithromycin “can cause abnormal changes in the electrical activity of the heart that may lead to a potentially fatal irregular heart rhythm.”

So instead, Alam replaced azithromycin with another decades-old antibiotic that doesn’t pose any known risks to the heart.

“Doxycycline is an anti-inflammatory with properties similar to azithromycin but without the safety concerns and without cardiac toxicity,” he said.

“So I decided why not choose that?” added Alam, a board-certified internist, who shared the results of an observational report consisting of 47 patients he treated.

"With the [limited]resources we have at the nursing home, we took a deep breath and realized we need to do something,” Alam said.

Alam is not the only one to begin using doxycycline in the fight against COVID-19.

Henry Ford Health System has started using combinations of the three drugs because of apparently fewer side effects, published reports state.

Alam began treating his patients, 45 of whom had tested positive for the coronavirus after they developed a high fever, shortness of breath and cough.

He received permission from their families before starting them on the medications, which have not yet undergone randomized controlled trials.

“The majority had clinical improvement,” said Alam. “We had very good outcomes.”

Alam said that 38 of 47 patients treated returned to their baseline and their symptoms resolved. Seven of the patients were transferred to a hospital and two died.

There was no control group in the study so Alam acknowledged more studies are needed to evaluate his protocol’s effectiveness.

Alam noted that an 87-year-old woman with hypertension and coronary issues beat the virus. “Her daughter was so thankful that I didn’t need to transfer her to a hospital.”

“At the end of the day we feel like we sent fewer patients to the hospitals, we saved ICU beds and we saved some of the ventilators at the hospital,“ Alam said.

One health expert said using the decades-old doxycycline, which has been studied since the 1960s, is a plausible alternative to azithromycin.

“Since we’re talking about the elderly being the most vulnerable, or people with underlying conditions, there is a theoretical benefit of doxycycline over azithromycin because doxycycline is not associated with cardiovascular disease,” said Dr. Sten H. Vermund, the dean of the Yale School of Public Health.

----------

Reactions: Bender
I don’t think that all places that people gather are done. People have to interact. We are social creatures. Without that, people would go insane.

The people that are essential and have jobs that really matter can not work from home.

I don't think they are done, either, but they will change format at least in the short term. Honestly, if some of this gathering takes place outdoors instead of inside, we may be making a change for the better.

I also agree there are a number of people that cannot work from home. That work will likely continue in the current form, albeit with some adjustments to what we consider to be appropriate behavior (coming into work while sick might not be regarded as a sign of being tough, but rather careless and disrespectful).

For us office drones, I think we'll see some massive shifts. Once again, these will probably be for the better, since cubicle life isn't the best way to get good work out of the brightest employees (it just makes a large mass of mediocre employers easier to manage by mediocre bosses).

Damned Chinese Virus has seriously Impacted the amount of pussy I get. It blows my mind that 3 weeks ago a woman was DTF with a person they met 5 hours ago, but now they are afraid to meet up because...Coronavirus.

They must scent something "non fuckable" about you.

Like a gay man you are going to have to work out harder to present your good health.

"Hey ladies look at the Bi's! Cough, cough damn it where did they go?"

They must scent something "non fuckable" about you.

Like a gay man you are going to have to work out harder to present your good health.

"Hey ladies look at the Bi's! Cough, cough damn it where did they go?"

This whole working to get pussy is hard to adapt to. Even the bottom dwellers are concerned about the Chinese virus. They don’t ask if I’m STD free, just worried about Coronavirus.

I taught 5G is iradiating everything to death now ,someone came up with an idea its actualy spreading Corona ROFL ? :eek:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52164358

f278e9948ef4ad7b02f27eb5a54db18453651c082cb072b2815ecdfd7540efbc.jpg

I guess China just told the French that if they want to get take out Number 12 - 95N Medical Face Masks - they also have to buy a Number 27 - Huawei 5G.

Special this month everything comes with take out Number 19 - Corona Virus 19 - free of charge.

This whole working to get pussy is hard to adapt to. Even the bottom dwellers are concerned about the Chinese virus. They don’t ask if I’m STD free, just worried about Coronavirus.

Find the dumb ones and tell them semen proteins absolutely destroy the CV19 DNA chain and as an add due to your deployments in malarial zones the better part of you jizz is hydrochloriquine.

One shot two cures......

I know I'm being a bit grim here, but am I the only one seeing a bit of karma here? I mean how long have boomers been bitching and moaning about my fellow millennials and then cry fowl anytime we say something back to them and claim we don't have respect for our elders or some other bullshit snowflake response like that? Now boomers are shitting their Depends because of a virus released that targets boomers with lethal results.
Better be careful! I don't wanna have to switch on my AARP card detecting sensor! :devilish:
You’ll be the next generation’s “boomer” soon enough.
Enjoy being the young person you are while you still can.
One day you’ll look in the mirror and go WTF, that person is OLD!
What happened to me?
Your turn is coming...

What happened to me?
Your turn is coming...

Some days I feel I'm already in boomerhood. I already bitch and moan about the younger generation. I was also diagnosed a few years ago with high blood pressure. I sometimes feel back pains when I wake up. And then there's the way I drink beer. When I was a teenager I used to drink beer out of huge beer bongs. Nowadays at the ripe old age of 30 I just fill up a beer mug and sip it like an old man.

High Speed low drag ? ramping up production from 200masks a day to a tiny bit more once Colonel is done optimising production.

“Aerial Delivery Platoon platoon can initially produce 200 masks [per day] with five lightweight sewing machines,” said battalion commander Lt. Col. Christopher S. Jones.
The military will continue to improve the manufacturing process of masks and improve them, taking into account the feedback of medical workers.
Lieutenant Colonel Jones noted that production rates will increase by the end of the week and will reach 1000-1500 masks per working week.''

Soldiers of the US 1st Command Special Forces Support Battalion prepare surgical masks .
Operating one of the 5 machines
7922509_800.jpg
7922718_800.jpg

Last edited:
Some days I feel I'm already in boomerhood. I already bitch and moan about the younger generation. I was also diagnosed a few years ago with high blood pressure. I sometimes feel back pains when I wake up. And then there's the way I drink beer. When I was a teenager I used to drink beer out of huge beer bongs. Nowadays at the ripe old age of 30 I just fill up a beer mug and sip it like an old man.
It will be more of the same. In another 30 years your back will hurt more than it doesn’t, your blood pressure will still haunt you, you’ll get less sleep because you have to get up at night to piss, and you’ll be embroiled in the “youth vs old people” battle from the other side. I say all that, but life’s problems become less of an issue because you will have already have dealt with enough of them to not care about the next ones so much. But then maybe it’s because you won’t hear or see too good by them either! LOL. All senses dull while time goes faster and faster. All that makes life’s issues easier to deal with - mainly because you’ll be mostly out of fucks to give! Hahaha

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
So 760k chinese ,228k of which had US passports.

''Around half a million Chinese people, some of them infected with coronavirus, entered America from December to February at the height of the COVID-19 outbreak, new figures show. ''

hey show that in the three month period when coronavirus was raging across China, 759,493 people entered the U.S. from China.

This number included 228,000 Americans who were returning home, meaning that roughly half a million were Chinese citizens or people living in China who were visiting the U.S. for tourism, business or to see family.

''The data also shows that “From December, January and February on travelers entering the U.S. from eight of the hardest-hit countries: 343,402 arrived from Italy, 418,848 from Spain and about 1.9 million more came from Britain.”

https://summit.news/2020/04/03/half...ca-at-the-height-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

They can't even make a flu vaccine that's current.
Influenza mutates rapidly, and it's difficult to keep up. Most years the flu vaccine provides at least 50% protection, which still saves many, many lives and lost work days.

What happened to me?
Your turn is coming...
If he’s lucky

You Docs ever question the foundations that have guided medicine for the last 200 years? Big money and big movers and shakers have made sure the industry has had tunnel vision. Guaranteed.
We look for evidence that supports what we are doing. Sometimes it’s not there. Most of the time the answers are not perfectly clear and there are a range of opinions.

There’s no “big money” in vaccines.

So 760k chinese ,228k of which had US passports.

''Around half a million Chinese people, some of them infected with coronavirus, entered America from December to February at the height of the COVID-19 outbreak, new figures show. ''

hey show that in the three month period when coronavirus was raging across China, 759,493 people entered the U.S. from China.

This number included 228,000 Americans who were returning home, meaning that roughly half a million were Chinese citizens or people living in China who were visiting the U.S. for tourism, business or to see family.

''The data also shows that “From December, January and February on travelers entering the U.S. from eight of the hardest-hit countries: 343,402 arrived from Italy, 418,848 from Spain and about 1.9 million more came from Britain.”

https://summit.news/2020/04/03/half...ca-at-the-height-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

I fucking cannot wait for the antibody tests to be rolled out en masse... The first wave of this shit had already hit right after Christmas. Travelers, extreme sports enthusiasts who went skiing in Europe, and other physically active and relatively healthy people were the first ones contracting this thing and spreading it around. Most probably thought they had the flu and holed themselves up in their apartments or hotel rooms and Netflixed and Skyped while drinking chicken soup. That is probably why there was a lull between the cases and the surging death rates that we are seeing now. When the first wave got well and started getting socially active again, a certain percentage of them may have still been shedding the virus. And through this mechanism, the virus may have spread to the more vulnerable populations. The first serious cases and deaths in this country occurred at nursing homes and elder care facilities before it blew up like a bat out of hell, pun intended.

ETA: Right now, hospitals in NYC and elsewhere are only testing those patients whose cases are severe enough to warrant hospital admission, including overnight ER stays. If you merely have a fever and a cough and other flu-like symptoms and your oxygen saturation is normal, they will tell you to go back home and you will not be tested... So all of the cases that we are seeing publicized are just those that are severe enough to require hospital treatment of one form or another. In other words, the "confirmed cases" we are seeing in the news is really just the tip of the iceberg. One million people in NYC could possibly be carrying this shit right now...

Somewhere in these threads there's an article about how many people were coming to and from China and the EU, which has a large traffic flow to and from China, in December and early January before Trump shut it down.
Well into February pelosi, Cuomo, deblasshole and a few others were touting that new York was prepared and this was a nothing burger. To keep doing what is normal and it's nothing to worry about or panic over.
Then they turned around and said it was Trump's administration that was unprepared.
I posted the video with pelosi telling people to go to China town and live it up. Some here went off the tracks with "are you conflating China with Chinatown?" The point was missed. Probably because I have been labeled a Denier.
I fucking cannot wait for the antibody tests to be rolled out en masse... The first wave of this shit had already hit right after Christmas. Travelers, extreme sports enthusiasts who went skiing in Europe, and other physically active and relatively healthy people were the first ones contracting this thing and spreading it around. Most probably thought they had the flu and holed themselves up in their apartments or hotel rooms and Netflixed and Skyped while drinking chicken soup. That is probably why there was a lull between the cases and the surging death rates that we are seeing now. When the first wave got well and started getting socially active again, a certain percentage of them may have still been shedding the virus. And through this mechanism, the virus may have spread to the more vulnerable populations. The first serious cases and deaths in this country occurred at nursing homes and elder care facilities before it blew up like a bat out of hell, pun intended.

ETA: Right now, hospitals in NYC and elsewhere are only testing those patients whose cases are severe enough to warrant hospital admission, including overnight ER stays. If you merely have a fever and a cough and other flu-like symptoms and your oxygen saturation is normal, they will tell you to go back home and you will not be tested... So all of the cases that we are seeing publicized are just those that are severe enough to require hospital treatment of one form or another. In other words, the "confirmed cases" we are seeing in the news is really just the tip of the iceberg. One million people in NYC could possibly be carrying this shit right now...
Welcome to the club. You're now a full fledged Denier. Not that you actually are. It just makes it easier for some to dismiss your questions.

Humans will interact in person even less than they already were-which has been trending down for a while now.

I wonder what will happen to the public transportation industry-seems most cities of any size have been pushing light rail trains non-stop.

Rapid Antibody tests have long rolled out en masse , but i doubt any, but the extensive blood test, show positive for antbodies if you had covid 2 months ago

Whenever you read the BS on how China supplied defective tests ,most of the time is dumb fucks repeating a lie they read without a clue of what they are talking , its about the cheap and quick 15minute antibody tests , problem with these is they only work somewhat reliable once you developed enough antibodies ,so on folks that have been infected , 7-14+ days and possibly aready have symptoms. Early on you are just wasting these tests with very low succes rate hence the BS claims that 80% of the tests don't work .
26039998-8118165-image-a-12_1584383457441.jpg

Antibody count drops of sharply after you get trough the worst part of the covid19 ,hence 80% failrate of the quick antibody test early on.
Antibody-Chart.png

RNA test is one where they swab nose or throat , notice that these tests also drop of in accuracy after first week of infection when they are at sub 70%

IgM and IgG antibodies are tested by drop of blood on an indicator strip or in a lab , strips normaly test both to maximise the reliability but are again constrained by reality of antibody level buildup in patients bodies.

There is no 100% reliable test but combining couple of different methods is reliable enough.

''in the early phase of illness within 7-day since onset, the RNA test had the highest sensitivity of 66.7%, whereas the antibody assays only presented a positive rate of 38.3%. However, the sensitivity of Ab overtook that of RNA test since day 8 after onset and reached over 90% across day 12 after onset (Figure 2). In samples from patients during day 8-14 after onset, the sensitivities of Ab (89.6%), IgM (73.3%) and IgG All rights reserved. No reuse allowed without permission. the author/funder, who has granted medRxiv a license to display the preprint in perpetuity. medRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.02.20030189. The copyright holder for this preprint (which was not peer-reviewed) is 10 (54.1%) were all higher than that of RNA test (54.0%). Among samples from patients in later phase (day 15-39 since onset), the sensitivities of Ab, IgM and IgG were 100.0%, 94.3% and 79.8%, respectively. In contrast, RNA was only detectable in 45.5% of samples of day 15-39. Further analyses demonstrated that in patients with undetectable RNA in their respiratory tract samples collected during day 1-3, day 4-7, day 8-14 and day 15-39 since onset, there were 28.6% (2/7), 53.6% (15/28), 98.2% (56/57) and 100% (30/30) had detectable antibody in total Ab assay, respectively . Whatever, combined use of the tests of RNA and Ab improved markedly the sensitivities of pathogenic-diagnosis for COVID-19 patients in different phases (Table ''

Ab is total antibody count
9f9bb343-f871-57df-a10b-252f4e009d69

Last edited:
Makes me think about HIV testing. RNA can catch it really early. Some say 7 days after exposure.

Antibodies tests really require 60-90 days to be confirmed due to the need for the body to develop enough after seroconversion.

Interesting indeed.

I posted this in the other thread as I try to stay out of this one and leave it to the “true believers” but figured it is worth posting. This seems to be similar to NYC own stats.

Italy’s National Institute of Health found that 99% of people who died of covid-19 had at least one pre-existing condition. You won’t see this talked about on the news here. People might say to hell with it and go back to work.

Let me repeat here what I posted in the "Covid-19 denier" thread:

Right now, you should practice and encourage behavior that ensures:

A) You are alive at the next election and
B) The Left has lost more voters than the Right.

How this virus crisis may affect future rights can be discussed during Trump's second term.

If the Left wins, there will be no discussion and your rights will be gone until you man up and re-assert them at gun point.

Best case scenario, Covid-19 makes a revolution against totalitarianism unnecessary. Worst case scenario, the Covid-19 lock down was an opportunity to get your act together for what needs to happen if the Left wins Senate and WH.

Stop bitching and try to find opportunity in every challenge including this lockdown. Your rights will not go away by staying the fuck home and wearing PPE in public. But our rights WILL go away if we hand the Dims the scepter by croaking en mass. Remember, their dead will continue to vote.

The Stealth Weapon:

About 430,000 people have flown on direct flights from China to the United States since Chinese officials first disclosed the outbreak of what is now the novel coronavirus to world health officials on New Year’s Eve, according to a new report published Saturday.

Most of the travelers flew into airports in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Newark and Detroit in January. Thousands came directly from the city of Wuhan in the Chinese Hubei province, where the coronavirus originated, the New York Times reported.

If I was in charge not one more motherfucker from China ever enter this country! For good and if they did they would be shot on site and burned on the spot!

Covid 19 went from non contender to heavy weight champion of the world in span of 3 weeks and its only realy getting started.

91220820_4330061203686091_8499230315842109440_o.jpg

Reactions: phlegethon
well, thank Bill Gates, George Soros, and your Chinese communist buddies for releasing biological weapons/ bat-born plague experiments/whatever. Whether or not it was deliberate, it certainly has advanced their goals.

The Stealth Weapon:

About 430,000 people have flown on direct flights from China to the United States since Chinese officials first disclosed the outbreak of what is now the novel coronavirus to world health officials on New Year’s Eve, according to a new report published Saturday.

Most of the travelers flew into airports in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Newark and Detroit in January. Thousands came directly from the city of Wuhan in the Chinese Hubei province, where the coronavirus originated, the New York Times reported.

This is how I got sick in late January/early February. I stayed at a really nice hotel in San Francisco called "The Orchard". It is a very nice property. Stayed there several times. Owned by a Chinese family and it is generally 80% Chinese. During the 10 days I was there, I met a few Chinese gentlemen at the bar in the evening who told me that they were for Hangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing or HK. The people from Hangzhou told me that there was a large flu outbreak in Wuhan but they weren't worried about it. I got sick the day after I returned home. When I told my local Doctor about it, she said don't worry...that isn't what you have...you tested negative to the flu. I asked about whether the flu test would detect this strain and she did admit that it probably would not but not to worry. 4 days later, I was diagnosed with pneumonia.....

The moral is I believe that this has been in the US for some time. It was definitely in China prior to the massive outbreak

Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus, marking first known animal infection in US

The tiger, named Nadia, tested positive for COVID-19 in what is believed to be the first known infection of an animal in the United States, federal officials and the zoo said Sunday. The infection is also thought to be the first case in a tiger worldwide.
Along with the tiger, six other tigers and lions have fallen ill with a dry cough. The Department of Agriculture said the big cats are believed to have been infected by a zoo employee. They first began showing symptoms of the coronavirus in late March, and all are expected to recover. The zoo has been closed since March 16.
“We tested the cat out of an abundance of caution” and aim to “contribute to the world’s continuing understanding of this novel coronavirus,” said Dr. Paul Calle, the zoo’s chief veterinarian.

Chi-Vi has spread to Tigers, and its suspected in lions and horses as well.

This is another possible vector to infect humans, and it may spread to domestic livestock as well.

Reactions: 338Mark
Status
Not open for further replies.