• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos The old truck gun....

GunjunkieM24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
Monahans Tx
I sold this rifle a couple of years ago but just found these pics. Sure wish i had it back sometimes. Didnt have much in the rifle but man was it a tack driver....

Specs,
PSS stock skim bedded in Marine Tex
Trued 700 PSS Action
Badger Knob, base and M5
Set barrel back .125 and shortened to 24 inch recut chamber
Painted the stock in Coyote alamahyde
USO SN3 with Erek knob

Re: The old truck gun....

So what do you call "NOT MUCH"? I see a PSS, Krylon on the stock, changed out the factory BM to DBM, added a bolt knob, added an extended rail, rings and USO SN-3.

I have several upper end ones myself, but I still don't think anything with an SN-3 on it could be classified as not much. Although the optics were twice what the rifle costs.

Could have been trued, bedded, bbl set back, money can rack up quickly.

Just curious,
Mark

Let me clarify.....I sold the rifle, not the scope.

What i meant by "not much" is the fact that only the knob, the base and the recoil lug were new. The barrel was set back and shortened instead of purchasing the normal Mike Rock or Kreiger. I do all of my own work so all I had in the rifle was some time, not much actual money. The rifle was purchased as a used barreled action and I had an old painted "pull-off " PSS stock that I inletted, painted and Bedded in Marine Tex myself.

In the grand scheme of things, I had about 1/3 to 1/2 of what my newer builds cost me. I have gone to boring the receiver and putting oversize Kiff Bolts in them, new barrels and A5 or AICS stocks on my new builds....considerably more $ involved even though I do my own machine and stock work.

The USO is still around and doing what it supposed to....

Thanks Keith. That was my first pass with the aresol canned alumahyde. It works great until you quit spraying and then the tips clog like hell. I started removing them and dropping them in thinner before I store the stuff now....