• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The one thing going for England

EddieP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2008
England
I fancied a new suppressor today, so I sold mine to a customer in the shop, and will order my new one and take delivery in a bout a week's time. (when he me pays for mine).

I also got a new .22 moderator for no cost last week too, not that I needed it, but I wanted a change.

Re: The one thing going for England (read it and weep)

Too bad you can't have a pistol to put it on.

45 views and this is the best you can come up with, (BTW I can shoot pistols when ever I feel like it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">45 views and this is the best you can come up with, (BTW I can shoot pistols when ever I feel like it).</div></div>

what do you want us to say? yeah it would be nice to be able to buy one like that here, we still have hotter women and straighter teeth
grin.gif
(even the people of wal mart)

Today I got up, walked over to my (full) 50 gun safe, got an automatic, locking, 3.5" bladed knife out. Then I reached past all the ARs, AKs, FALs, 870s, Surgeons, R700s, HKs, to the pistol shelf. I looked at the back to make sure the half-dozen suppressors were there, cause I like them. I chose from about 2-dozen semiautomatic handguns and about a half-dozen revolvers and grabbed a Glock 19. I put it in my IWB holster and went to the grocery store. Fully legal, like it is for any law-abiding citizen in my state.

You know what I had to do to get them? Same thing as anyone else, go down to the huge gun shop and pay for them. No licenses, just pay and go home one gun richer.

I am SOOOOOOO jealous.

I got up this morning and put on my duty belt and hopped in my patrol car. I then rode around the county and advised all of the law abiding citizens that I ran into to go to the gunshop and take advantage of the SC no tax firearm sale going on in South Carolina this weekend. Then I advised them to use said guns to protect themselves and their families from criminals.

The whole idea should be that sound suppressors not be regulated... there is absolutly zero reason that they should be considered a class III item.
Still law abiding persons in the US are far better off than those in England when it comes to firearms...with regard to suppressors as long as one is willing to pay the $200 tax they are readily available...as are other class III items...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fancied a new suppressor today, so I sold mine to a customer in the shop, and will order my new one and take delivery in a bout a week's time. (when he me pays for mine).

I also got a new .22 moderator for no cost last week too, not that I needed it, but I wanted a change. </div></div>

all the others can sod off lol, that is a plus, no long wait.

It was meant to be tongue in cheek (no offence meant).

Yeah laws suck. Its mad that you can have them but only after paying $200 tax to be allowed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was meant to be tongue in cheek (no offence meant).

Yeah laws suck. Its mad that you can have them but only after paying $200 tax to be allowed. </div></div>

If you live in the "right" US state that is. For some of us, it's off-limits period. So clearly, gunlaw stupidity and illogic are universal!!

Re: The one thing going for England (read it and w

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4guru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I got up, walked over to my (full) 50 gun safe, got an automatic, locking, 3.5" bladed knife out. Then I reached past all the ARs, AKs, FALs, 870s, Surgeons, R700s, HKs, to the pistol shelf. I looked at the back to make sure the half-dozen suppressors were there, cause I like them. I chose from about 2-dozen semiautomatic handguns and about a half-dozen revolvers and grabbed a Glock 19. I put it in my IWB holster and went to the grocery store. Fully legal, like it is for any law-abiding citizen in my state.

You know what I had to do to get them? Same thing as anyone else, go down to the huge gun shop and pay for them. No licenses, just pay and go home one gun richer.

I am SOOOOOOO jealous. </div></div>

Love this post....
grin.gif

That and we don't have, or pretend that we like, royalty.

Wait a minute......

M4guru,, exactly where do you live, what are the house / land prices like, and how about industrial property for a riflesmiths workshop. ?? me jealouse...never !!

The gun laws in Germany are a bit more sensible as far as Hunting guns and hunters go than in the UK.. we can walk into a gun store and buy any rifle, semi auto or shotgun we want and take it away with us, Pistols require registering beforehand though.so thats no so bad, until it comes to suppressors, and then the authorities get toutchy, I'm currently trying to change that through health and safety regulations and a EU directive, but there are many "deaf ears"

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4guru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I got up, walked over to my (full) 50 gun safe, got an automatic, locking, 3.5" bladed knife out. Then I reached past all the ARs, AKs, FALs, 870s, Surgeons, R700s, HKs, to the pistol shelf. I looked at the back to make sure the half-dozen suppressors were there, cause I like them. I chose from about 2-dozen semiautomatic handguns and about a half-dozen revolvers and grabbed a Glock 19. I put it in my IWB holster and went to the grocery store. Fully legal, like it is for any law-abiding citizen in my state.

Love this post....
grin.gif
</div></div>

.....just one safe......?........gives some of us a puny reputation !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M4guru,, exactly where do you live, what are the house / land prices like, and how about industrial property for a riflesmiths workshop. ?? me jealouse...never !!

The gun laws in Germany are a bit more sensible as far as Hunting guns and hunters go than in the UK.. we can walk into a gun store and buy any rifle, semi auto or shotgun we want and take it away with us, Pistols require registering beforehand though.so thats no so bad, until it comes to suppressors, and then the authorities get toutchy, I'm currently trying to change that through health and safety regulations and a EU directive, but there are many "deaf ears"

Pete

</div></div>

I'm supprised more countries arn't having supressor laws changes due to health and safety and noise polution.

Good ol' North Carolina, in Pinehurst. We have a number of weapons manufacturers who call the south home..FN is nearby, HK is a few hours south, Remington calls NC home, Daniel Defense is about 3 hours south on the coast, etc.

Land is available at decent prices out in this area, and a chilhood friend's family owns a 200K sq. ft. machine shop/fabrication facility where I can get about anything done to a gun. Industrial property is readily available here since outsourcing has closed down some older factories in the area.

Home prices range from the mid-100Ks to the 8-figure range here in Pinehurst, but the outlying areas are mostly horse farms and you can get a working farm on 15-20 acres in the $500K range.

Our NFA laws are outdated but as long as guns "scare people" I doubt they'll change. But as long as they generate quick, easy profit for the ATF they won't change anytime soon. I wish we could pay the stamp on-site and just do the background check in the shop without the wait, I could even settle for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M4guru,, exactly where do you live, what are the house / land prices like, and how about industrial property for a riflesmiths workshop. ?? me jealouse...never !!

Pete

</div></div>

I'm supprised more countries arn't having supressor laws changes due to health and safety and noise polution. </div></div>

lt's Pete's ;-) fault... those muzzle breaks of his are great!!! but l put mine (3 port 338mag rated) on a mates 300ultra yest'day at Warcop and a pal next door nearly had a fit when he got an ear full!

Pete, good luck with gettin' the Ze Gurmins sorted it's about time everyone saw the light, and the dawn wasn't shattered every two minutes with the sound of something else biting the dust.

what a let down of a post Eddie...

I thought you were going to say something cool, like you have a ton of suppressors coming but it sounds like you only have 2. This in no way makes me weep or be jealous to not live in England.

What a waste of my time!

<span style="font-style: italic">I'm supprised more countries arn't having supressor laws changes due to health and safety and noise polution.</span>

yep. they force Europe down our throats when it will cost us, but if it benefits us it seems to be ignired.
Here in Germany we have 4 laws that absolutely contradict each other . Health & Safety and the Environmental Polution Laws, saying Silence that rifle, and the Firearms and Hunting laws saying you better not or your in the shit,
It will need to come to a high court judgement (Bundesverfassungsgericht) to sort the shit out. I'm pushing from several directions for that at the moment.

Ratswhiskers, so you where at Warcop, Ive been meaning to come over and visit my mate Jon B and come along one of these days, and yep. brakes, if they work are loud, you should try the newer 2 baffle design, no louder mind, but a bit more recoil reduction,

What do I miss about the old country, Well Yorkshire is Gods Country and anyone originating from there will miss it. , we all thow that. Some fantastic Hunting, Stalking and Shooting opertunities to be had in the UK. I realy miss my Fish & Chips, and you can't find a decent Indian restraunt in Germany anywhere.
all the best Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What do I miss about the old country, Well Yorkshire is Gods Country and anyone originating from there will miss it. , we all thow that. Some fantastic Hunting, Stalking and Shooting opertunities to be had in the UK. I realy miss my Fish & Chips, and you can't find a decent Indian restraunt in Germany anywhere.
all the best Pete </div></div>

As curry always tastes better the next day I wonder if you could mail order one? It should only be a day from england to germany don't you think? And this time of the year the warehouses are cold enough.

Fair point. What about an onion one? Add your own meat when it gets there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">45 views and this is the best you can come up with, (BTW I can shoot pistols when ever I feel like it). </div></div>

You spell funny.
wink.gif

Pete.

The three port works fine on a chopped .308 Rem PSS for me, it was fun to try it on a few rifles to see how it worked against what they were normally running.

Yorkshiremen..... Hmm... You'll have to ask the Ratwife wot it's like sharing a bed with one of those buggers, l was displaced from outside Sheffield 26 years ago.

We shoot Warcop with the .50 cal club of GB and it's normally a guest day up here, so if you're ever over the ditch let us all know before hand and we'll try to make sure we attend.

Regards.

Ratty.

Hmmm, just been stalking with my moderated rifle in England and had fish and chips for tea. The moderator (sorry: suppressor!) made bugger all difference as the unsporting little sods didn't put in an appearance. I was very tempted to sling a 165GK at a grey squiggle though...

American imports eh? Highly mobile ballistic test medium.

Regards

G

Hey G'

Sorry to hear you blanked mate!!!!

Bugger, l'm stuck here @ work and not down country havin' fun

Hmm.... 165GK = SQUIDGLE POISON,

All the best!!.

Ratty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: atreeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm, just been stalking with my moderated rifle in England and had fish and chips for tea. The moderator (sorry: suppressor!) made bugger all difference as the unsporting little sods didn't put in an appearance. I was very tempted to sling a 165GK at a grey squiggle though...

American imports eh? Highly mobile ballistic test medium.

Regards

G</div></div>

I've been close to letting a rabbit have it when the light has faded and I've seen nothing else.

Ed, what are the procedures in the UK/England for buying suppressors? I know we Americans talk alot about the hoops we have to jump through, so I am curious as to what you guys go through over there?

I mean, can you walk in off the street and buy a moderator or is there more involved?

In the UK you have to apply for a Variation to your Firearms License to enable you to purchase a suppressor 8 or a firearm for that matter) the Police decide if you can or cannot have.

tell you whats crazy,. I can send a suppressor to a bloke in the UK mail order. All I need is a copy of his Firearms certificate. Yet if he buys one from the UK, he has to do it face to face with the seller.. so much for united europe eh.
(and its something i intend to be doing a lot of, as we have just started production runs on our new cans..

ok Ed. so i went down the range today and shot a whole box of surplus ammo through my "suppressed" H&K MR223 Semi Automatic, then i enmptied a box of 9mm para through my semi automatic Browning Highpower, then i checked zero with my S&B, Airlight Ti with some new .38special plus P loads, just incase i have to stop a charging wild boar on the next hunt.
On the way home i drove past the highly lit with read light brothel, and noticed some very horny looking eastern european looking women, skantily clad hanging out the windows,,then i drove past the gun shop where on the strength of my hunting license i could have gone in and bought every rifle and shotgun in the place. i didnt stop though, wanted to get home to the aryan blond i call my wife, as she had wild boar sausages, with mashed potatoe and sauerkraut, topped off with a nice Weizen beer waiting for me. !!!

ha, that was fun.. I still miss fish and chips, curry and driving on the correct side of the road. Although i have discovered lately an excellent beer, that is better than all the german or british lager type beers i have ever treid,
The beer is called Zywiec. Hell i just did a search on the nett and they are charging over 30 pounds for a case in the UK, it costs an expensive 14€ a case here.

we have many more Roe Deer than we do rabbits too.

Might just check out that Warcop event when i'm back again and have some time eh.

regards Pete

BUT you missed the biggest loop hole going... You can buy any can you want "for an air rifle" no ticket required.

The other bit that makes life convenient is that moderators don't need serial numbers on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUT you missed the biggest loop hole going... You can buy any can you want "for an air rifle" no ticket required.

The other bit that makes life convenient is that moderators <span style="color: #FF0000">don't need serial numbers on them.</span> </div></div>

WHAT?! thats horse crap! the government wants to serialize everything here. I mean they even considered stamping serial numbers on bullets and casings?

What will they come up with next.....

There is actually (As far as i know) no requirement for a gun to have a number either. I made a firearm and just told the police that it had no number... no problems

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bugholes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at this point, I think I need a translator... </div></div>

Its a good job none of us typed in dialect... Cos tha'd ave a bugger uv a job woking aaht wot we wer saying then like!

I suppose you have similar difficulties over the pond?

Suppose its also one of the great things about England. One end of the country hasn't a clue what the others going on about. And when it comes to our foreign cousins.. well, they need translators ;-)

Regards

G

Your in staffs i'm in worcs(about 30 miles apart) and neither of us could have a conversation with someone from the black country (an industrial area between the 2)

yep but no bugger will beleive that the .30cal suppressor is meant for your airgun.. the airgun suppressors are marked "F" Free for use in Airguns here. and also should be in the UK, but so much for the EU and all things equal.

You see shotguns with no maker or number on them, but they tend to be older.
But it is a European regulation that firearms should be marked with:. Manufacturer. Caliber, Serial Number. Country of manufacture. if you are building firearms in the EU and are not marking your firearms in that way you are manufacturing them Illegaly !!
If you import firearms, the firearms have to me marked in addition to the serial number, manufacturer and caliber,. with the logo or name of the importer, the country of origin and the country that they where imported into the EU to.

I know what i'm talking about, I bought a 14000€ CNC engraving machine to do just this marking of firearms, I wouldnt have done that if there was a way round it. !!

regards Pete

OH Shit. I thought that that law was on its way, but not here yet. Anyway it was only a .50 cal (muzzle loading cannon).

Eddie. I'll post this all coloquial like. see if anyone understands-

A know a feller in E Yorks who wanted an inline .50 frontstuffer.
The Firearms Dept dint know what it wor, so ee took em a .50 lead slug in to av a leak at. " you'll av sum fuckers ead of wi that fucker" was t semi official statement.. No wast outcum.
funny enuff, same bloke collects sniper rifls, an when ee wan-ed a .50 Barret ,, aftre some ummin and arrin,.they let im av un. So, stead of avin sum fuckers ead off at 100stride, e be avin em ead off at a mile, method in er madnes sumwere eh.

Pete

Reading this makes me yearn for a pint of Spitfire. Or in Petes case Auf Ein Bier Ausgehen.Sorry spent some time in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munchen.

Re: The one thing going for England

So uh, what exactly is the tax rate on suppressors? 17.5%? 21%? And how much did you pay?

I miss kebabs, myself. They just don't have the same thing here in The States.

That sounds like some ex service time in sausage land eh.. or space agency. ??

Spitfire.. I usualy buy a couple of cases of that beer when i'm back in UK. I take great pleasure handing it about among the Germans after a hunt and saying, "you guys are familiar with this... Achtung Spitfire !!

kebabs do not beat fish and chips, or a decent curry.. but are good when you've had a skin full of beer.
regards Pete

"...about a half-dozen revolvers " Man times really are tough, only 1/2 dozen revolvers to choose from... my heart goes out to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4guru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I got up, walked over to my (full) 50 gun safe, got an automatic, locking, 3.5" bladed knife out. Then I reached past all the ARs, AKs, FALs, 870s, Surgeons, R700s, HKs, to the pistol shelf. I looked at the back to make sure the half-dozen suppressors were there, cause I like them. I chose from about 2-dozen semiautomatic handguns and about a half-dozen revolvers and grabbed a Glock 19. I put it in my IWB holster and went to the grocery store. Fully legal, like it is for any law-abiding citizen in my state.

Game.
Set.
<span style="font-style: italic">AND</span> the match.

And I'm English!

N

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M4guru,, exactly where do you live, what are the house / land prices like, and how about industrial property for a riflesmiths workshop. ?? me jealouse...never !!

I'm currently trying to change that through health and safety regulations and a EU directive, but there are many "deaf ears"

Pete</div></div>

Pete, you can stay RIGHT where you are! Quality is hard to find in Europe, so you aint goin nowhere!

"Deaf ears"? Too much shootin mate!

Neil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WYK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So uh, what exactly is the tax rate on suppressors? 17.5%? 21%? And how much did you pay?

I miss kebabs, myself. They just don't have the same thing here in The States.</div></div>

Sales tax is 15% on new goods, but if second hand nothing (kinda anyway) But that tax is on virtually everything sold in this country