• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The only one you will ever see

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    So it’s not really a sniper rifle, but it is the only known example of a rifle that was lost to history since before WWI. When I found this thing for sale in Afghanistan I did some research and couldn’t find any info on it. Neither could everyone I reached out to. Fortunately, I have the perfect acquaintance/friend in Ian and he was able to do a really neat video on this rifle.

So, for the first time since 1903, a little piece of firearms history has resurfaced for your enjoyment.

@sirhrmechanic and @pmclaine because it is rare, cool, and mechanically interesting and you will appreciate it. I have found a prototype rifle, but I have yet to reach master gun collector level and find cannons in barns and rebuild them :)

Last edited:
    Hey thanks for alerting me in......looking forward to learning about that rifle.

I just love the name......reminds me of a Yiddish word for something excreted from an infected penis.

Im going to start calling people that piss me off Schlegelmilch.........

Fascinating rifle! It would be very interesting to see this design reborn. Thanks for sharing.

Most importantly, you rescued a rifle design that no one knew existed. You actually brought an unknown chapter of firearms history to light!

So it’s not really a sniper rifle, but it is the only known example of a rifle that was lost to history since before WWI. When I found this thing for sale in Afghanistan I did some research and couldn’t find any info on it. Neither could everyone I reached out to. Fortunately, I have the perfect acquaintance/friend in Ian and he was able to do a really neat video on this rifle.

So, for the first time since 1903, a little piece of firearms history has resurfaced for your enjoyment.

@sirhrmechanic and @pmclaine because it is rare, cool, and mechanically interesting and you will appreciate it. I have found a prototype rifle, but I have yet to reach master gun collector level and find cannons in barns and rebuild them :)

I shall raise a toast to... a master!

You don't need to restore cannons or have a great collection to reach Indiana Jones level status!

How cool is that!

Say 'Hi' to Ian for me! He doesn't know me, but his videos have been remarkably helpful on my Puckle Gun project and others. He really knows his stuff and his videos are first rate. If he ever wants to come to Schloss Nitrocellulose and shoot some fun stuff... he has a standing invite!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Thanks for the post. That is a rare, and obscure rifle for sure. Its a miracle that old and well-used rifle remains intact.
    I think Ian does a really great job explaining the history of these old and historic firearms, and how they operate etc.

Yeah. He does. The amazing thing is that he is just as nice in person as you see him be in his videos. Most popular folks aren’t like that.

the operating system is fascinating. Cheap to manufacture and will tolerate loose tolerances.

I didnt catch it......is the dovetail mount barrel pinned or a press fit?

Any worry of the barrel becoming the projectile?

Fascinating rifle! It would be very interesting to see this design reborn. Thanks for sharing.

Most importantly, you rescued a rifle design that no one knew existed. You actually brought an unknown chapter of firearms history to light!

The Remage fans disagree with this thought.

Catering to the people incapable of screwing is not a concept good for their financials.

Very neat and interesting pice of history. I subscribe to Ian’s channel, always good stuff there to learn.

Incredible find! Thanks for sharing it with Ian so we could have a permanent record of it in the wild.

So the barrel is affixed with a dovetail that’s is pressed together. There is no worries about launching the barrel as the receiver bears absolutely no pressure. The bolt lugs lock directly into the barrel. It is very much like an AR in this way.

Fascinating piece. I can imagine what interesting firearms one might come across in kabul.