• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report The Pact quit and they can't fix it.

n4qwf

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2011
I need to buy another chronography. I sent my two month old Pact to them for repair and they have now had it for 6 weeks. The responce is they don't have the part needed to repair it. They give me no idea when I will ever get a responce concerning it. So I guess I need to buy something else. Any suggestions on something that might work and especially any good customer servie experiences.

Re: The Pact quit and they can't fix it.

Is that all they said??? Pretty bad in my book! SORRY!

all of the parts are probably made in Japan, so it might take a while to get them.

Thats BS, if they can't repair a two month old chronograph in a timely manner (provided u didn't break it) they need to send you a new one. Thats very poor customer service.

It always takes them a couple of months regardless of what's wrong. You pay $14.95 and they'll fix it or replace it but it won't be quick. I kicked mine as hard as I could 2 different times and sent it in pieces but they fixed it (not really fixed) and finally the 3rd time they replaced it. I haven't kicked this one yet as I'm saving it for some binary explosive.

I'm not impressed with PACT on the post-sale side, either.

Bought a used one to replace one that fell out of the truck, and had to get it fixed (buzzer IIRC). Now I can understand that the old boards are just not compatible with the new ones and a software/board/add a chip and a cable jack upgrade might not be feasible....

but...

absolutely NO "upgrade path" of any sort, nothing at all to sweeten the deal for existing customers. Sure, a lot of us always want to be really, really, cheap, but they throw not a single bone.

Since my Dad and three brothers all do electronics, I'm not sure I believe them on the impossibility of upgrade. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could sell a heap of $50-75 upgrades of their old stuff, like adding timer to chronos and chrono to timers.

Bleh. I'll look elsewhere next time I need to buy. Got more than 10 years out of the first one, so they *do* get points for longevity.

I will not likely buy another PACT product. Sorry for your loss, but I'd just cry for a minute and then buy a new chrono.