• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"The peasants have no bread...Let them eat cake".

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    said Marie Antoinette, just before they cut off her head.

This stylish $11.9 million Los Angeles penthouse condo has gorgeous views.
    Photo: Coldwell Banker Previews International

wilshire_livingrm_v2.jpg

Perched 20 stories above the ground on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, the 13,800-square-foot penthouse at 535 West End Ave. is a lavish palace in the sky. Its three-floor layout boasts nine bedrooms, 11 full baths, two half baths and separate staff quarters. A 2,000-square-foot outdoor space equipped with grill, wet bar and fireplace is accessible by a private elevator. Building amenities include a fitness center, an indoor swimming pool and a recreation room, all attended to by white-gloved staff.

This opulent “mansion in the sky” totes a hefty price tag of $37.5 million. It’s up for grabs alongside other posh New York penthouses like a $37.5 million condo unit at The Plaza, a $51 million duplex on the Upper East Side, and a $44.95 million, 76th floor apartment in the Time Warner Center.

Slideshow: Palatial Penthouses for Sale

With the help of Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate, Sotheby’s International Realty, Coldwell Banker Previews International, Realtor.com and Trulia.com (among others), we’ve pulled together a list of available sky-high spreads scattered across America. Priced between $2 million and $45 million, most offer multilevel layouts, soaring views (in many cases via floor-to-ceiling windows), high ceilings, private rooftop terraces and additional over-the-top features such as private pools.

Listing, buying and selling of luxury residential real estate, which includes these units, has picked up in nearly every major metropolitan market across the U.S. “Relative to everybody else, the higher-end market is where we’re seeing record purchases and where we’re seeing traction,” says Jonathan Miller, president of Miller Samuel, a New York-based real estate appraisal firm. Miller says that because of the weaker dollar, foreign buyers have flocked to the luxe condo market, particularly on the East and West coasts.

Cold, hard cash has a lot to do with that pickup as well. While sales of less expensive homes struggle to manifest under ever-tightening mortgage lending practices, the luxury end is comprised of home buyers with money to throw down. All-cash deals on single-family homes in general have constituted roughly 30% of completed sales this summer, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Those with more money to burn might consider the $12 million Wilshire Corridor penthouse, a 6,480-square-foot glass-walled marvel featuring a separate maid’s quarters and a fiber optic chandelier. “Good times, bad times there are penthouse buyers out there, looking for the right opportunity,” says Ron Barnes, director of sales and marketing for the Residences at W Hollywood, noting these sales can take anywhere from three months to three years to manifest no matter what the larger market conditions are.

Despite increased market activity, penthouses speak to a tiny, niche pool of buyers. As with other luxury properties (like single-family estates, townhouses and even vineyards), penthouse units can take months, sometimes years, to market and sell. In some cases, pricey penthouses have failed to find buyers willing to pay their lofty asking prices. Take the 20,000-square-foot home on top of San Francisco’s St. Regis hotel, for example, which at one time was listed for $70 million before the property’s developer sold the deed to Second Step Asset Management, a subsidiary of Bank of America, in lieu of a foreclosure. The apartment touts a two-story indoor waterfall, home theater and master suite with gym, sauna and steam room. The bank re-listed the unit in July, at $35 million price tag, half the original price.

Are these five palatial penthouses for sale worthy of elevated prices?

10800 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA
    List Price: $12 million

wilshire_view_v2.jpg

Stepping out of this Wilshire Boulevard penthouse is also nice.
    Photo: Zillow

Brightly-hued hallways, two-story walls of glass gazing out on Los Angeles and the ocean, and spiral staircase adorned with a fiber optic chandelier add pizazz to the Wilshire Corridor condo.

The Setai Condos, Miami Beach, FL
    List Price: $27 million

wilshire_view_v2.jpg

A garden terrace and pool highlight this swank Miami penthouse.
    Photo: ONE Sotheby's International Realty

A “traditional Thai home in the sky,” this unit comes with interiors adorned in custom wood paneling, a garden terrace with pool, and resort amenities like 24-hour room service.

2900 McKinnon Street, Dallas, TX
    List Price: $7.5 million

This ritzy Dallas penthouse is perfect for entertaining guests.
    Photo: Trulia.com

The Azure duplex condo includes three en suite bedrooms with balconies and a roof-top entertainment terrace with pool, spa, theater screen, enclosed bar and private elevator to the inside living area.

The Plaza, New York, NY
    List Price: $37.5 million

This Plaza Hotel penthouse overlooks NYC's Central Park.
    Photo: Trulia.com

This triplex penthouse boasts four bedrooms gazing out on Central Park, a library with wood-burning fireplace, a cantilevered spiral staircase, a private elevator and access to the Plaza's hotel services.

The Residences at the W Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
    List Price: $2.16 million

This penthouse at the W Hollywood deserves its own star.
    Photo: Residences at the W Hollywood

Concierge service, including room service, is available to residents of this upscale Hollywood residence. If you need to travel, the building will whisk you to a nearby airport to board a private jet. Alas, your Starwood points may not be sufficient to buy a penthouse.

Re: "The peasants have no bread...Let them eat cake".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

wilshire_livingrm_v2.jpg

</div></div>

:::eek:ff to buy lotto tickets:::

What's the point of this thread again....? Is someone jealous of things out of their income reach....LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the point of this thread again....? Is someone jealous of things out of their income reach....LOL! </div></div>

Could be but not in this case. The point of the post is that 5% Of the people in this country own 95% of the wealth. Whild most of us who post here, and most of our friends are having to tighten our belts to survive, that 5% has so much thatthey can tooss around $10,000,000 dollar, 4th homes like so many dominoes. Therein my reerence to Marie Antoinette, who was one of the mightily privleged in France, while those around her literaally starved. For that matter, do a google seardh on the 3/% of millionares in congress. How many of that 5% served, or are serving in our armed forces? Get it? They neither know or care about the suffering of the ones whose blood buys their privlege.

Warren Buffet knows. Thats why hes suggesting that the government tax the rich more.

Dont want this to go politico so Ill stop.

But,no its not jealousy. Would I like a bit more stuff? Sure! But I have been fortunate to have owned a few things of such rareity and beauty, and had a few experiences, that most of the rich will never even know about. Im just so honored and priveileged to have been born in this land and raised i this land that I dont want to se it go down that way.

HOO-fucking-RAH

Wealth is not measured by what you have but who you know and who knows you.

In the end we are all just a corpse in teh ground, how you are remembered will be more important than what you had...

That said I'd like a couple thousand acres in the panhandle of texas with a running stream, bamboo forest, central air, a garden, a dirt bike.......

Whenever I think about money I first ask myself "how happy am I"? If I really think money could help answer that question then I do something to make it happen. Turns out I'm happy being lower middle class. More money more problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point of the post is that 5% Of the people in this country own 95% of the wealth. Whild most of us who post here, and most of our friends are having to tighten our belts to survive, that 5% has so much that they can toss around $10,000,000 dollar, 4th homes like so many dominoes.</div></div>

And exactly when in the history of humanity has that not been the case? Also she never said that, it was propaganda spun out by the peasants. Like how the British made sure the world thought Napoleon was short when in fact he was above average height for his time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the point of this thread again....? Is someone jealous of things out of their income reach....LOL! </div></div>

Could be but not in this case. The point of the post is that 5% Of the people in this country own 95% of the wealth. Whild most of us who post here, and most of our friends are having to tighten our belts to survive, that 5% has so much thatthey can tooss around $10,000,000 dollar, 4th homes like so many dominoes. Therein my reerence to Marie Antoinette, who was one of the mightily privleged in France, while those around her literaally starved. For that matter, do a google seardh on the 3/% of millionares in congress. How many of that 5% served, or are serving in our armed forces? Get it? They neither know or care about the suffering of the ones whose blood buys their privlege.

Warren Buffet knows. Thats why hes suggesting that the government tax the rich more.

But,no its not jealousy. Would I like a bit more stuff? Sure! But I have been fortunate to have owned a few things of such rareity and beauty, and had a few experiences, that most of the rich will never even know about. Im just so honored and priveileged to have been born in this land and raised i this land that I dont want to se it go down that way.

HOO-fucking-RAH
    </div></div>

Bullshit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point of the post is that 5% Of the people in this country own 95% of the wealth. Whild most of us who post here, and most of our friends are having to tighten our belts to survive, that 5% has so much that they can toss around $10,000,000 dollar, 4th homes like so many dominoes.</div></div>

And exactly when in the history of humanity has that not been the case? Also she never said that, it was propaganda spun out by the peasants. Like how the British made sure the world thought Napoleon was short when in fact he was above average height for his time.

</div></div>

If the quote was in error, I stand corrected, but the point is the same.

Perhaps in history,it has not. Is that to say that we cannot or should not aim toward a higher goal. If so then I have somehow landed amongst the wrong species.

True wealth is not a measure of financial being, nor of material value. It is within the being of one who knows truth, loves what he believes in, and lives by what he loves.
    He is also no more than the worth of his sword and those to whom he hires it to. His choice is always death, as he knows that he truly has nothing to lose

Then again, there is something about being able to walk into a place, order four or eight two inch thick cut Loin Steaks aged to perfection, a bottle of fine Bourbon, and a pair of good wine bottles. One day I will be there, but if I never make it, I will not care for I know that I will always have what I love, and what I believe in to go well with my chosen bowl of raman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "maggot"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps in history,it has not. Is that to say that we cannot or should not aim toward a higher goal. If so then I have somehow landed amongst the wrong species.</div></div>

I am not trying to be argumentative or dismiss your point of view, but I am curious as to what you think that goal should be specifically?

I may be jaded but it seems to me every form of government man has created eventually become corrupt and the few ruled the many, then they in turn were toppled and the cycle started anew. This isn't a flaw of government or men, it is simply our inherent nature. There is no perfect or utopian society feasible unless you neuter all ambition from men, which would in effect make everyone mindless automatons.

As an aside a lot of the people buying those expensive places in NYC are foreigners moving their money out of their repressive regimes and into the U.S. Mostly Russians and South Americans.

<span style="font-style: italic">Edited: Refined my ramblings...</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">True wealth is not a measure of financial being, nor of material value. It is within the being of one who knows truth, loves what he believes in, and lives by what he loves.
    He is also no more than the worth of his sword and those to whom he hires it to. His choice is always death, as he knows that he truly has nothing to lose.</div></div>

I like this, Truly. Is it yours?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "maggot"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps in history,it has not. Is that to say that we cannot or should not aim toward a higher goal. If so then I have somehow landed amongst the wrong species.</div></div>

I am not trying to be argumentative or dismiss your point of view, but I am curious as to what you think that goal should be specifically?

I may be jaded but it seems to me every form of government man has created eventually become corrupt and the few ruled the many, then they in turn were toppled and the cycle started anew. This isn't a flaw of government or men, it is simply our inherent nature. There is no perfect or utopian society feasible unless you neuter all ambition from men, which would in effect make everyone mindless automatons.

As an aside a lot of the people buying those expensive places in NYC are foreigners moving their money out of their repressive regimes and into the U.S. Mostly Russians and South Americans.

<span style="font-style: italic">Edited: Refined my ramblings...</span> </div></div>

No, your not jaded, essentially your right. On many levels. I was just reading the other day that most of China's new wealthy are getting out of China just as fast as they can.

Like yourself I see no end in governments. I suppose what my ramblings seek, are more compassionate people. People who, like Switch, above, place more value in their goodness than their goods. I understand corporate growth etc. Government Motors has to be huge in order to provide a service: But how many penthouses can you enjoy?

Ive asked myself this question...."What if I won a $100,000,000 lottery". What would I do? After pondering it awhile, i realized I just wouldnt want the responsibility of that much. I think I could manage, by myself, a couple million. And that would give me more goods, and financial security (note I qualified it with financial) than I could reasonably use. Beyond that Id just give a lot away....red Cross, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Innocence project, and a couple minor things Id like to do for friends. To do some good in the world around me, and enjoy it.

Oh well, unlikely Ill have to make that choice.

Thanks for the comments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the point of this thread again....? Is someone jealous of things out of their income reach....LOL! </div></div>

HOO-fucking-RAH
    </div></div>

A few points to consider....those wealthy 5% who own 95% of the wealth....also pay 90% or more of the Federal Income Tax in this country...They pay their "fair share" as far as I'm concerned....

Don't get me started on Mr. Buffet.... he is an investment genius....but a political tool. He consistently like to let it be known the fact that his tax burden is lower than his secretary, when he knows full well it's because he is taxed on his capital gains, which is 15%, whereas his secretary is actually earning an income & is taxed at probably 20 to 30%....

Mr. Buffet doesn't actually earn a paycheck or income like normal people.....he earns his money on his investments. If he wanted to pay more in taxes....all he has to do is write a check....

My brother is actually considered one of the "top wealthy"....he makes in the millions per year & is probably worth more than 50 mil with his investments & stocks.....I know what it took for him to get there & he deserves every penny he makes....

I kind of look at wealthy people a little differently since I'm so close to one......now if I could just get him to slide some my way...
    whistle.gif

HOO-fucking-RAH
    </div></div>

I just wish you would either learn to lift the whole damned article and reproduce it in your post, images and all, or post a meaningful sentence or two and then provide a f*cking link to the whole thing.

Most of the wealthy people today have Earned their way to it, and it bothers me not what they do with their money.

Whoever doesn't try to get the best price/value for their work, and constantly maintains it, is a financial fool. You are your own master.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">True wealth is not a measure of financial being, nor of material value. It is within the being of one who knows truth, loves what he believes in, and lives by what he loves.
    He is also no more than the worth of his sword and those to whom he hires it to. His choice is always death, as he knows that he truly has nothing to lose.</div></div>

I like this, Truly. Is it yours? </div></div>

It is overall mine, but has definitive notes of both the Bushido Code and an anonnymous donor piece for it's values. I borrowed the two largest concepts from two writings, my own philosophy, and made this statement. As I reread it and refined it yesterday, I was pretty happy with the end result and I think it speaks directly within context to some very nice values.
    Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... The point of the post is that 5% Of the people in this country own 95% of the wealth. ...

HOO-fucking-RAH
    </div></div>

One should always start a discussion with accurate facts. But when a person wants to foster their point of view any number(s) can be thrown into the discussion.

"In the United States at the end of 2001, 10% of the population owned 71% of the wealth and the top 1% owned 38%. On the other hand, the bottom 40% owned less than 1% of the nation's wealth.[13] According to this 2006 study by the Federal Reserve System, from 1989 to 2004, the distribution in the United States had been changing with indications there was a greater concentration of wealth held by the top 10% and top 1% of the population.[1] A PBS report by Solman on Aug. 16, 2011 now found that financial gains over the last decade in the United States have been mostly made at the "tippy-top" of the economic food chain as more people fall out of the middle class. The top 20 percent of Americans now holds 84 percent of U.S. wealth.[2], the 2nd 20 % holds 11%, the third 20 % 4 %. The following figure shows the actual distribution of wealth in the US. The 4th 20% (0.2%) and the Bottom 20% (0.1%) are not visible:

Dan Ariely and Michael Norton show in a study (2011) that US citizens across the political spectrum significantly underestimate the current US wealth inequality and would prefer a more egalitarian distribution of wealth, raising questions about ideological disputes over issues like taxation and welfare. [14]"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distribution_of_wealth#In_the_United_States

and

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2010/09/income_inequality_0

"As you can see, America's median income is among the highest in the rich world, on a par with that in Switzerland and the Netherlands, a shade above the median in Britain and Canada. The average income of the top decile, by contrast, is easily the highest in the OECD, and nearly twice the OECD average.

The bottom ten percent, on the other hand, have incomes comparable to the poorest residents of Greece and the Czech Republic—below the OCED average. All the other of the richest rich countries do far better.

I'll just note that from these figures, at least, it seems difficult to justify the claim that prosperity requires an unequal income distribution."

Poor people do not create jobs. Poor people do not employ the masses. Many people who are not wealthy constructed and assembled much if not all of everything in those above pictures.

I always look at the destruction of the big ticket boat industry that was destroyed by trying to even the playing field. All it did is put thousands of hard working Americans on the un-employment line.

I have been poor, middle class and upper middle class. I am currently just middle class. Taking money by force from business (IRS & State tax collection) at high rates just destroys economies. Look at Kalifornia it is a role model for running biz into the ground. All states near us profit from this state running business out on a rail.

Yeah but, can they shoot off their back porch,

I CAN

HOO-fucking-RAH
    </div></div>

what you are showing here are not the 5% group. More like the .01% or higher. to "break into" the top 5% you are looking at around $200,000 household. those homes are not pruchased on that level of income.

All I know is this....
    I am lower middle, living like I am upper lower, so that some day hopefully I can become upper middle. I fear the middle will be decimated before I ever reach my dream.
    Killing the golden goose will not help the middle. It will simply reduce the middle to poverty.

We are "all" limited only by our ambitions and work ethics. We are the only ones who hold ourselves back.

I don't believe there is anyone in this country who can't obtain the means to buy one of those fancy apartments, we are our own limiting factors.

I read somewhere "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul"

Sometimes I feel sorry for the uber rich because some of them (probably most of them) never know what life is all about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FX44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read somewhere "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul"

Sometimes I feel sorry for the uber rich because some of them (probably most of them) never know what life is all about.

</div></div>

Well said. That was kind of what I was aiming at. Unfortunately I wass drinking when I composed the OP and it came out sideways. The times I feel best about wwhat I have is when I share some of it with one who is less fortunate and see the positive impact on their lives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FX44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sometimes I feel sorry for the uber rich because some of them <span style="font-weight: bold">(probably most of them)</span> never know what life is all about.

</div></div>

Why? Because they haven't given ALL of their wealth away?

yours is a ompletely ignorant statement.

What none of these stats mention, is that the bottom 40% are there, usually, as the result of the choices they made. Damn few fortunes have been made by lazy, uneducated, addicts.

Not to turn it politico, but yes, there is a bit of luck both good and bad in the making of a fortune. Most people who have made a buck, and are honest about it, will say yes, luck had something to do with it. But so did preparation, and the smarts to recognize an opportunity, and the guts to take a chance. Followed by all the hard work needed to see it thru. And the rewards are not normally instant. Kinda like fitness.... you don't start running one day, and run 4 minute miles the next.
    Kraig I think you are on the money on this one.

Switchblade, you continue to amaze. Is there a "poet and don't know it" hiding in there?

HOO-fucking-RAH
    </div></div>

Yes because you were born in this land where the Constitution grants us the right to tax those that planned for their money... Right?.... Oh that is right the Constitution granted all citizens the ability to reach their full potential based on their efforts and skills. I am sorry but if Warren Buffett wants the rich to give away money then why doesn't he chip in first, he is only the richest man in America 50 billion last time I checked. I certainly don't see him driving a Honda Accord, wearing Wal-mart clothing, and living in a middle class house. Oh yeah thats right because he is a hypocrite! He has made his money why would he need to worry anymore about taxes when he is worth 50 million! I am sorry but this is a post I regret reading it doesn't make any sense, first of all Qu'ils mangent de la brioche was never proven to be said by Marie Antonette, it was supposedly said by some Royal Princess. Also only a commie would want the government to step in a redistrubute wealth instead of letting America be free and let the people do what they think is best you and Warren Buffett think we should have mama government step in a take everybody's money to make sure all the other little jimmies and suzies get their fair share.
    I donate 10% of every paycheck to an organization of my choice, I donate to the Navy Marine Corps Welfare as well. If you sir feel you are that hard up for money their are orginizations to help you. As for the poor in America they make ten times what less free countries make than anywhere else in the world. Next time you feel like posting garabage why don't you try putting it on moveon.org or some other scumbag website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad Medicine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the point of this thread again....? Is someone jealous of things out of their income reach....LOL! </div></div>

HOO-fucking-RAH
    </div></div>

Yes because you were born in this land where the Constitution grants us the right to tax those that planned for their money... Right?.... Oh that is right the Constitution granted all citizens the ability to reach their full potential based on their efforts and skills. I am sorry but if Warren Buffett wants the rich to give away money then why doesn't he chip in first, he is only the richest man in America 50 billion last time I checked. I certainly don't see him driving a Honda Accord, wearing Wal-mart clothing, and living in a middle class house. Oh yeah thats right because he is a hypocrite! He has made his money why would he need to worry anymore about taxes when he is worth 50 million! I am sorry but this is a post I regret reading it doesn't make any sense, first of all Qu'ils mangent de la brioche was never proven to be said by Marie Antonette, it was supposedly said by some Royal Princess. Also only a commie would want the government to step in a redistrubute wealth instead of letting America be free and let the people do what they think is best you and Warren Buffett think we should have mama government step in a take everybody's money to make sure all the other little jimmies and suzies get their fair share.
    I donate 10% of every paycheck to an organization of my choice, I donate to the Navy Marine Corps Welfare as well. If you sir feel you are that hard up for money their are <span style="color: #FF0000">orginizations </span> to help you. As for the poor in America they make ten times what less free countries make than anywhere else in the world. Next time you feel like posting garabage why don't you try putting it on moveon.org or some other scumbag website. </div></div>

I could get so banned in my answer to you, but the truth is your JUST NOT WORTH IT. Oh, learn to type or spell.Ta Ta

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FX44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sometimes I feel sorry for the uber rich because some of them <span style="font-weight: bold">(probably most of them)</span> never know what life is all about.

</div></div>

Why? Because they haven't given ALL of their wealth away?

yours is a ompletely ignorant statement. </div></div>

On second thought at least the uber rich are educated.