• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The primed 5.56 brass equivalent of Trader Joe's Two-buck Chuck

RavenRocksPrecision

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2023
NC
www.ravenrocksprecision.com
We've gotten a lot of questions over the past few days about a new product we are offering:

Brand New Primed 5.56 Brass for as low as 17.9 cents and free shipping. We have several types of 223 Rem / 5.56x45mm brass in stock, and some of it is more consistent than others.

The stuff we're running a one-time sale on right now has a -NORMA- headstamp, but it's not the brass I recommend to folks chasing really small groups. This brass all in great shape, and what I've analogized as the new primed brass equivalent of Two-buck Chuck from TJ's -- It's a great value and it get's the job done. (For anyone who may be unfamiliar, two-buck Chuck is that Charles Shaw wine the used to sell for about $2 a bottle at Trader Joe's).

This particular lot of brass was contracted out for a line of 5.56 Ammo made by MFS Defense in Sirok, Hungary when RUAG owned Norma. I do not know the primer type unfortunately.

The important takeaway is that the tolerances and finish are not quite as good as the other norma primed brass that we have in stock. This is why it's less expensive than the other option. This brass is great for bulk loading, and still probably one of the best values on the market for loading 223 Rem / 5.56 today (basically pre-covid primer prices).

$179.95 / 1000 ct (Free Shipping)
$94.95 / 500 ct

https://ravenrocksprecision.com/new-primed-5-56-brass/

Case weights (weighed with primers):

Standard Deviation, σ: 0.60466505993876

Count, N: 22
Sum, Σx: 2258.8
Mean, μ: 102.67272727273
Variance, σ2: 0.36561983471074

Happy to try and answer any questions you guys might have about it. You can always call/text our business line (text after hours is preferred), or just send us a message through the website. Either way, I'll try hard to find the answers and/or take extra pictures if required.

Last note, this was a single buy, and it'll be a one time sale. Once it's gone, it's gone for good.

Attachments

• primed 556 2.jpg
    primed 556 2.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 80
lol looks like I ordered a week too early :LOL:

Received 1,000pcs Friday. Haven't weighed any, but I see zero tarnishing, dings, or damage to the brass.

lol looks like I ordered a week too early :LOL:

Received 1,000pcs Friday. Haven't weighed any, but I see zero tarnishing, dings, or damage to the brass.
Thanks for the order. If you got yours on Friday, it's because you ordered the lower case norma which is a better quality brass. We still have that in stock as well for the same price you bought it for so don't feel too bad! Part of the reason I made this post is because some folks are calling and thinking the price dropped $70 per 1000 -- which it didn't. That all being said, this brass is a one time great value for what it is.

Reactions: R_A_W
On another note, any upcoming Labor Day sales?
I may or may not be looking for more of that SRP Peterson 6.5CM brass! ;)

Appreciate the clarification - I see the difference now. I'm using this lot on a bolt gun, so I would repurchase the same "lowercase norma" brass if I were reordering. Both seem like great values.

Reactions: DIBBS
Thanks for the detailed description of what I ordered and the honest appraisal.
I thought since 1000 primers cost 80-100.00 essentially getting decent brass for 8cents apiece is a good buy IMO
Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment based on primer prices, which makes this new brass cheaper than some dirty range pickups. Hope everyone is enjoying it. I think only around 41k pieces left... which might sound like a lot but consider most folks by 1-2k at a time, it's really not.

On another note, any upcoming Labor Day sales?
I may or may not be looking for more of that SRP Peterson 6.5CM brass! ;)
Hi -- Yes, I'm going to send out some info about it tomorrow, it won't be site wide, it's it'll be sort of hunting season centric.

Norma 7x57 Mauser is the current sale (no coupon needed) - 20% off - $59.95 / 50 ct.

(SRP Peterson won't be on sale - Sorry!)

I bought a thousand of each. I've only used about 300 or so of the better brass. 23.3 grains of 8208xbr and 77s. Working very well for me and no need to hunt prepped LC brass.
Yeah, the cheaper stuff is long gone but the better stuff is still around. Once it's sold out though it won't be coming back. I think it's honestly the best deal going. Anticipating some write-ups soon on how it's performing. Glad you're enjoying it.

Reactions: semperfireloading