• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Remington 710 Sniper Rifle....

Re: The Remington 710 Sniper Rifle....

"Tactical" Butler Creeks....and the awesome steel crushing power of the 270....makes me smile.

So thats how powerful a .270 is, thats great to know. I might need that "sniper rifle" because it has a "paint job".

Don't forget about the tacticle Weaver base on it also!

What about that awesome scope... that looks like a top of the line bushnell. I bet it has already sold

has Later been informed of this ".270" round? He might want to scrap his 20mm venture for the .270-0shiiiiiiiit muhfugga

That .270 really lays the smack down on those .375" steel .22 targets. HAHAHA

While I certainly wouldn't call a 710 a sniper rifle or even a good rifle for all the obvious reasons, they do shoot.

Dumb Question - is the 710 a long action, what makes it different from the 700?

Well childish to say the least but looks like he's a decent shot with it - 270 is a great hunting round for deer etc....

But sniper rifle? Ha...

Maybe it's an 'assault rifle' because it assaults correct terminology.
wink.gif

Hahahaaa.......hahaaaa........ha. Sorry, but I can't quit laughing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That rifle is so "tactical" it's like.......TACTICAL...ya know?

It's so powerful it destroys pistol rated targets. </div></div>

Thats what I was thinking it looks like a steel plate for .22LR definatly not rated for the bone crushing power of the elusive .270

Which "a 270 caliber" is it????? I wonder if it might be 270WBY????

I think I saw that behind every single table at the last local gunshow!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't usually post these, but had to laugh when I saw this one.

710 Sniper Rifle....is the ultimate sniper caliber of 270.

http://www.armslist.com/viewpost.aspx?post=4828 </div></div>

here's the rest of the story:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"***Unique Remington 710 Sniper Rifle With Extras***

This is a bolt action Remington 710 in a 270 caliber in GREAT condition with the heavier barrel, a professional $150 paint job with duracoat (most durable firearm finish), 4 round detachable magazine, 3x9 scope, tactical weaver base, tactical scope covers, bipod, sling, and ammo pouch on the side. I have put just under 50 rounds through it. The paint job makes it blend in with the dead grass during hunting season. I do not have time to shoot so I am asking 450 obo. At this price it will sell fast so act quickly.

Just incase anyone was wondering how powerful this rifle is: The picture of the broken steel target is what happens when you shoot steel with a 270. It ripped of the top steel target.

Thanks for looking

http://www.armslist.com/viewpost.aspx?post=4828

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friggin awesome Dude! (not really)

wow, that guy is my hero... he has mommy's debit card and can order "tactical" accessories from cheaper than dirt! i'm in awe...

rofl, what a fucking tool.

wait til the media see's that....270 will become an armor piercing mile away killer!

I believe the 710 has a press fit barrel as opposed to the 700 which is threaded into the action.

whoa if he found out we were bashing him I bet he'd consume us all with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his ass. (watching braveheart lol) we are not worthy of his "tactical" greatness.

Ok,, so does this mean that my new Remi 700 XCR Tac. Long Range in .308 was the wrong rifle to buy? I wish I would have seen this post before I spent all that money. I wonder if he'll trade me, even up?

OK,OK, I know there's a ludicris element here.

But back in the way back, the origial 'sniper rifles' ala Carlos, etc., were Hunting rifles, .30-'06, from the PX, with a Redfield scope, same source.

.270; clearly not a popular tactical chambering, but Col Boddington keeps demionstrating that when it comes to cancelling hearbeats, albeit of critter-kind, it's quiet adequate.

Rem710. The El Cheapo Grande of hunting rifles. Yet for the task, again, adequate and efficient. Not utterly reliable, not rockhard durable, but if all I was doing with my arsenal was harvesting a deer or two annually, and suddenly I was called upon to defend family and turf, and it was all I had, I'd not really feel all that naked and undergunned.

Sniper rifle, of course not.

Greg

insurgent rifle.

that is what it would be good for. give it to someone for one mission. if they come back ok..if not...ok not out to much.

but his hart is amung us.....just not his pocket book.