• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The right way to get an SBR

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
So what is the procedure to build an SBR if I buy an AR lower then what? (I know form 1) if I wanted to get a 3 shot burst trigger would it have to be made before 86'? Fill me in on all the in and outs
Thanks Tucker

I thought of another question if I buy a lower from brand x and its serial number is 12345 is that the number I use on the form 1 or do I remove it and give it a new one?

Re: The right way to get an SBR

Get your lower, fill out your Form 1 to make and Register an SBR. Send it in with $200. Wait. When it comes back with the stamp on it, purchase your < 16" barrel.

If you want to get a DIAS (Drop In Auto Sear) you need to come up with $10,000.00-$16,000.00 AND someone who wants to sell theirs. then complete the transfer paperwork and submit your $200 check on a Form 4.

Yes, it has to be a pre-86 to be civilian transferrable (there are some small exceptions having to do with amnesty an post-samples but they are few and far between and usually command massive prices.

SBR's are cheap. Full auto aint.

Couple of things that need to be added to that:

- The lower needs to be engraved to a specific depth and with the name and location of the manufacturer - either you or your trust. I think some of the rules related to trusts and how much info has to be provided to the ATF and engraved on the gun have recently changed so look into it if you go the trust route.

- Since you will be married to the lower for life, it behooves you to check all tolerences and confirm it is within spec with no damage prior to doing anything else. Get it engraved before you get your stamp so you are not illegally shipping an NFA item through the mail. Do not have within your access a short upper prior to getting your stamp back either.

- You need to decide if you personally are going to get the stamp or if it is to be obtained by a trust. If it is you personally you will need sign off by the chief LE dude in your area - usually the sheriff. With a trust - no sign off is required but a legally formed trust must be estabolished. Some folk use generic off the counter software to create these. I have discussed this attorneys and they just laugh. So research and understand before committing. Again, sign off is no problem where I am so I have always done it as an idividual.

When you send away for the F1 - make sure you get 2 sets of finger print cards and the document (can remember which one) that says you're a real deal US citizen.

Some other F1 nazi will be along in a bit if either one of us missed anything.

Good luck

The original serial number is kept, you don't remove it and replace it with your own. The only engraving you need to do what MZB mentioned. Mine was done with a LEO's signature, not a trust, so it was engraved:

J Smith
My City, SC

Can you move from state to state with an SBR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OverWatch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you move from state to state with an SBR? </div></div>

You can as long as it's legal in the state you are moving to, you have to fill out a 5320.20 and note that it's a permanent move.

Scott

Are there states were you can't own a SBR at all? I am military and move every few years, are there exceptions for the law?

ohhh joy don't ya just love the nfa law??

geez is that all that's required,,well shit I'm gonna do it tomorrow..

and 10-16 grand well that's nuttin...well worth it!!

I'm glad I have no desire to spray countless rounds in full auto
especially with the current price of ammo...

1 shot at a time for me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OverWatch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there states were you can't own a SBR at all? I am military and move every few years, are there exceptions for the law? </div></div>

Illinois.

And no, there are no exceptions.