• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The rimfire scopes often not found. 3200 Redfield needs repair .

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
I have a Redfield 3200 that will not accept a scope cap on the big end. The scope works fine, I have the caps, but just cannot get the large cap started.
It is not the cap. The cap works on another Redfield 3200 scope I have. Anyone repairing these dinosaurs ? I found a suitcase with seven Redfield 3200, a Unertle 12x by 1 1/2, and a spotshot 25X, all in super good condition. The rings are with the Redfields, along with the caps, 2 -24 power, 2- 20 power 2- 16 power, 1-12 power. No, I am not wanting to sell. I ahve several old OLD rimfires to scope up first, before I would sell any........OH MY ! I am getting old......

• Wow
Reactions: Mister Ridge
Don't know how fussy you are, but I bought several Monstrum rubber scope caps on Amazon of different sizes for my vast collection of scopes. They are inexpensive and work well. I'm sure they have a size to fit your 3200.

I have a Redfield 3200 that will not accept a scope cap on the big end. The scope works fine, I have the caps, but just cannot get the large cap started.
It is not the cap. The cap works on another Redfield 3200 scope I have. Anyone repairing these dinosaurs ? I found a suitcase with seven Redfield 3200, a Unertle 12x by 1 1/2, and a spotshot 25X, all in super good condition. The rings are with the Redfields, along with the caps, 2 -24 power, 2- 20 power 2- 16 power, 1-12 power. No, I am not wanting to sell. I ahve several old OLD rimfires to scope up first, before I would sell any........OH MY ! I am getting old......
There is nothing to fix. The Redfield 3200 is notorious for the threads stripping. They are also known to have the objective bell crack. I would stop trying to screw the cap in and go get a Butler Creek cap that fits.

Reactions: lastshot12