• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The road trip I'm on.......

dtdk

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2009
mn in the us
So my wife, baby and I were visiting her folks in southern California when c19 really took off. We are now all on day 2 of road tripping back to MN.

My father in-law has enjoyed 2 days solo in the car that is packed full of crap and I have been driving the other with my wife and the baby, and her mother........ My wife and baby are great I could do this with them no issue.

Take from that what you will.

My MiL is Cray Cray, but she can cook. I wouldn’t drive to the mail box with her, much less cross country. My wife would kill her on a multi day car trip.

My wifes step mom is a hoot and a damn fine Southern Louisiana cook.

I spent a lot of kitchen time with her, taught me scratch gumbo no measurments no recipie and would not let me take notes iether.

Did get wild now and then with fil.

To be fair, my MIL is a perfectly pleasant, nice woman. However 2, 12 hour days in a car traveling I feel like I'm climbing the walls.

You guys know how it is, travelling with someone is completely different than day to day life.

Reactions: Snuby642
Oh I know how it is. 1 hour with my MIL and I am ready to commit hara-kiri.

But she is dumb as a rock.

If you have lasted 2x12 hrs then yours must be pretty dang good.

Fellow MN res here. Just got back from traveling myself. Glad to be home. Things are pretty bare here, gas is getting cheaper by the hour it seems. Was 2.19gal when we arrive Sunday. Saw the price drop multiple times while out observing the situation before locking down. Last I saw was it had dropped to 1.89gal.

Still a couple feet of snow on the ground up here, but it's going quick enough.

Let us know you made it home. We need all the like minded folks in this state we can get,lol.

Did you know the toothbrush was invented in Alabama?

If it wasn't it would've been called the teethbrush.?
The waffle house waitress in Al have teeth .........they just keep most of em in their pocket !

My lasting memories of Alabama:

Being solicited by a 3-toofed middle-aged prostitute in my Hotel’s parking lot.

Having a cabby refuse our fare because “I don’t serve his kind.”

?

Nope just a douche that didn’t care for my friend with a touch more melanin in his skin.

Those were different times... 1997.