• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Royal Marines defeat the U.S. Marines at the ‘Battle of the Mojave Desert’

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

233568_5_.jpg

To their credit, the Royal Marine Commandos (their full name) are world-class shock troops.

I don’t disagree with anything in the above article WRT what the wokeness-crowd has been doing to our military and its leadership.

But don’t count out the USMC just yet. The RMC are as skilled a combat force as one could come up against.

Sirhr

Hi,

Now take that article and then compare SOF to SOF at the International Warrior Competition held at KASOTC......

China Snow Leopards and Russian Alpha (All from Chechnya btw) dominate that event; USA Unit hasn't even come close since 2010 IIRC.....

Sincerely,
Theis

I wonder how those units perform when C&C breaks down and they need to adapt and overcome?

The Russians will likely do okay but will the Chinese be able to go independent?

I don't think our education system is developing people capable of independent action any more......the ability to analyze and overcome. Shit American units were good at because underneath the veneer of military discipline was a free thinker with a fat streak of independence. Able to analyze and apply critical thinking when everything went bad.

Russia has become the wild west to some extent over the last 30 years so if an individual is away from "the power" they have developed the idea of independent thought in order to survive in what are harsh environments beyond the big name capitals.

The Chinese, you know better than I, are these guys trained to excel in the show you reference? Sure they also come from some pretty harsh environments but the Party has tighter control. If they are cut off from command will they have been given an education on the overall strategy and be able to use tactics to attain goals? Will the political commissar be hindering their progress if they do not show Party loyalty and they in any way deviate from orders to enhance the outcome?

Last edited:
Reactions: BLEE
Only the beginning with our new “Woke” military! memtb
The interesting part is not the battle...

But if such a thing had happened just a couple of decades ago, the number of officers who would have had their careers ended... instantly and with extreme prejudice... after such an exercise would have been huge. Readiness meant readiness. And domination of the battlespace was the mission and if you failed, you ended up... out. So that a competent officer could have your slot.

The question now is... will heads roll? Or will they get nice little ribbons and told "Good job Colonel... General... etc. Your troops died very diversely. Here's your promotion.

That is what to watch. Not what happened in the CA desert.

Sirhr

Look at the Biden Administration, pretty much a laughing stock if you were born with any common sense. No offense implied to our brave men and women Service Members but you can't possibly believe that we could win a war against China or Russia with the current Military Leaders in charge who would be directing the Troops. China and Russia have the advantage over us because they don't have to include or consider in their strategic war planning anything remotely related to the rainbow flag. When your generals are thinking about gender reassignment, homosexually and CRT on a daily basis how can you even fight a war , look what happen at Kabul .

Looks like if Britain came back to reclaim America we would be in a world of shit. Maybe Milley should be working in a Broadway Show .

If this is indeed inside information and correct, then the harping about the USMC being a full on woke faggotry needs to stop.

Neither 5th or 7th Marines are capable of failure because their obligations to history/those that came before would require death to the last man and burning of their colors.

I haven't seen anything reporting a BN of dead Marines in 29 Palms.

but the USMC at some levels is becoming woke that cant be denied.

what happens regards the mandate will determine to what extent the fighters are buying it.

Hi,

Now take that article and then compare SOF to SOF at the International Warrior Competition held at KASOTC......

China Snow Leopards and Russian Alpha (All from Chechnya btw) dominate that event; USA Unit hasn't even come close since 2010 IIRC.....

Sincerely,
Theis

Who gives a fuck about some fake bug hunt by the practice squad?

The real US operators were playing in the Superbowl while the rest were playing in the fantasy league.

Reactions: earthquake
If this is indeed inside information and correct, then the harping about the USMC being a full on woke faggotry needs to stop.

The KCB (Keyboard Commando Brigade) is highly motivated. I bet half of them are paid Democratic Party shills, another 40% Chicom agents, and the remaining 10% will get beaten up by pissed off dads when they come our the wrong bathroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
I wonder how those units perform when C&C breaks down and they need to adapt and overcome?

The Russians will likely do okay but will the Chinese be able to go independent?

I don't think our education system is developing people capable of independent action any more......the ability to analyze and overcome. Shit American units were good at because underneath the veneer of military discipline was a free thinker with a fat streak of independence. Able to analyze and apply critical thinking when everything went bad.

I chat with young soldiers where ever I run into them. They know who is buttering which side of the toast. I do think they are not as well trained for peer conflict as my generation was, but they are a lot better informed and more innovative and willing to listen.

The Russians are good men, but have very little combat support and lack good decision making. The Chinese are mostly arrogant pricks with shitty gear.

Reactions: BLEE and 308pirate
671D74C4-C194-4331-BDE9-DA713FB91DB4.jpeg
From another person there. It’s just fake news from British media.

Bottom line is we still have some of the most combat experienced mid and senior leadership ever found in a modern military. It’s going through some good/ugly looks in the mirror as it adapts back to conventional/future warfare but this is all just fake news.

Reactions: Oldloser
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
to be fair....the Russian Alphas are an entirely different breed of animal.....

I hope no one tries to do this. Its stupid and does nothing to train proper tactics. State of the art today is to get 50% hits while running hard onto the objective or off the X.

Most first hits will be in the legs, pelvis, and hands anyway. Then comes the grenade or mortar or 50 cal.

Good training in proper tactics and repetition under stress is what works.

I chat with young soldiers where ever I run into them. They know who is buttering which side of the toast. I do think they are not as well trained for peer conflict as my generation was, but they are a lot better informed and more innovative and willing to listen.

The Russians are good men, but have very little combat support and lack good decision making. The Chinese are mostly arrogant pricks with shitty gear.

Best thing about fighting China is that they have their own Berry Amendment.

I'm not saying what did or did not happen...but I am saying The Daily Mail is tabloid trash.

Agreed but surprisingly they sometimes come up with some really interesting domestic stuff we wont see here.

Just another place to get info from and than apply critical thinking.

View attachment 7734416From someone who was there…

Same exact report in every way from an on-the-grounder. The Daily Mail might be getting a talking to from the British government on this article.

Something like "The USMC spent $50m to help our troops train, and you called them fucking dipshits in an embarrassing, low information, and public fashion. Formal Apology, Now...Or Else."

Reactions: CE1371
The interesting part is not the battle...

But if such a thing had happened just a couple of decades ago, the number of officers who would have had their careers ended... instantly and with extreme prejudice... after such an exercise would have been huge. Readiness meant readiness. And domination of the battlespace was the mission and if you failed, you ended up... out. So that a competent officer could have your slot.

The question now is... will heads roll? Or will they get nice little ribbons and told "Good job Colonel... General... etc. Your troops died very diversely. Here's your promotion.

That is what to watch. Not what happened in the CA desert.

Sirhr
Jokes on the Brits. Our side won a participation trophy.

So much for Patton's 'Americans will not tolerate a loser' analogy.

I hope no one tries to do this. Its stupid and does nothing to train proper tactics. State of the art today is to get 50% hits while running hard onto the objective or off the X.

Most first hits will be in the legs, pelvis, and hands anyway. Then comes the grenade or mortar or 50 cal.

Good training in proper tactics and repetition under stress is what works.
would i advocate this type of training?....no....

then again, im not in ALPHA group.....and im pretty certain they dont give a shit what i (or anyone else) think....

....at the end of the day, they are one of the premier SF groups in the world, so whatever they are doing seems to be working for them...

Russians must be a different breed if those clowns are going to stand there and take three hits to the chest before reacting.
In real life the target's hands are coming up instinctively and he's contorting as rounds impact arms, shoulders and other areas of the body.