• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Sako TRG just got even better......thanks to KRG.

wareagle700

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
SE Georgia
The fine folks at KRG set me up with the parts needed to "complete" my TRG chassis. I already had the stock, just needed the front end. Now TRG-22 owners are able to use those $75 CTR magazines that are floating around, not to mention the entire Whiskey 3 Gen 5 chassis which I had already become very comfortable with on my Tikka. Thanks Massoud for helping out.

TRG22 W3Gen5 by X Ring, on Flickr

Will that forend be compatible with tikka actions? I would love to use my CTR magazines with my tikka.

5 and 10 round AICS mags seem to work in it also. I'll have to try them out and see how they feed.

Can us tikka owners use ctr mags?

The forend is the same between all the W-3 chassis that have the polymer forend. The magazine well can be swapped out. However the magazine sits further forward in the T3 than in the TRG so the TRG magwell cannot be used in the T3.

You can open up the T3 magwell and backbone to take the TRG/CTR mags as they're nearly the same length as the AICS mags. The AI mags are tapered at the front so you just make the tapered opening a rectangular opening and you're good to go. For the T3, both the magwell and backbone would need to be opened up, this is trivial if you have a mill. You would also need the TRG mag catch as those mags latch via a hole in the mag vs the AI mags that have a protrusion. Hope that helps, thanks guys,
Justin