• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Salvation Army

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Recently there was some discussion of the Salvation Army becoming 'woke'. That bothered me as Ive always been a generous donor to them. During the year I throw $1 bills and loose change in a box and at Christmas time I I take it to the SA I had my usual box of money ready when I read the other post putting them down, so I hesitated. Today I was going to be in that area so I decided to just drop the $$$ off because I know that regardless of the higher ups in the org, the ones who actually put the rubber on the road are good down to earth folks.

so I went in and there was the Major, the guy who runs the local org. He and his wife actually live there as I believe do most of the 'manager'. I gave him the $$$ and mentioned the 'woke' stuff. What he told me is that so guy who founded the org. below (see #1) had come up with the whole 'woke' business (see #2) to make a name for his out fit. What the Major told me is that they dont subscribe to any 'theory' that isnt in the Bible. I'm good with that.

Seems like 'Color Us United" is promoting CRT and yet chiding the SA for (allegedly) doing the same. Oher than that one link I couldnt find anything else alleging the same. I wouldnt be surprised if there is some BS going on in NYC top brass of hte SA but it doesnt translate to the street. Dont give up on the SA. they still help a lot of people.

1-colorusunited.orgHome - Color Us United

2-colorusunited.org › salvation-army-petitionSalvation Army Petition - Color Us United

Reactions: kindabitey
    As I suspected. My Dad [ B-24 ball turret gunner in N. Africa and Italy ] said the second vehicle to meet the bombers on returning from a mission was the " Sally Ann " truck with coffee and sometimes cookies or doughnuts. The first vehicle was of course , the ambulance. When I was overseas, most of the aid I saw delivered to the guys was from Salvation Army. Very, Very seldom from the Red Cross. I donate to Salvation Army. There may be a few rotten apples, but , I doubt the tree is rotten.