• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Shit you see on the range

See all of them, nothing new to see here... LOL. The worst one that I saw when I was a range officer... a guy pull the trigger nothing happened-> pull the hammer back squeezed trigger nothing happen again, looks down the barrel in disbelief pulled the trigger nothing happened, pointed back at the Target pulls the trigger again Bang.

Had some gang Bangerz show up at the range... Actually shot reasonably well. A little discussion with them and find that they didn't want to shoot any innocent people... funny thing, they actually shot better than most of the peace officers that showed up to the range...

See all of them, nothing new to see here... LOL. The worst one that I saw when I was a range officer... a guy pull the trigger nothing happened-> pull the hammer back squeezed trigger nothing happen again, looks down the barrel in disbelief pulled the trigger nothing happened, pointed back at the Target pulls the trigger again Bang.

Had some gang Bangerz show up at the range... Actually shot reasonably well. A little discussion with them and find that they didn't want to shoot any innocent people... funny thing, they actually shot better than most of the peace officers that showed up to the range...
i worked as an RSO for a month at one of those "pay to play" ranges...never again...never again.

my life is worth more than $12/hr.

You got to be a fucking dumbass on a whole new, interdimensional level in order to look straight down the barrel of a loaded gun which you JUST attempted to fire...
smiley_freak.gif

Holy shit I don't understand how these folks actually made it to adulthood without succumbing to the thousands of electrical outlets, swimming pools, speeding cars, and window ledges that everybody would have encountered throughout life...

Last edited:
Long ago.
sand pit range on Long Island ny
Used to be the ok coral
Some birds fly over and a guy with a 10-22 banana mag stops shooting 50 yard target and put 10-15 in the air.
needless to say he was kicked out and arrested. Prob 50 stations at that range.
That’s on top of the usual shooting wrong target, flagging guys etc

Blue sky, I completely agree with you. I have no idea how these people make it in life. The scary thing is, they breed and teach their stupidity.
Working at a public gun range in a bigger city like Houston Texas will show you exactly why we need gun laws ... and prisons.

The funniest one that comes to mind...
We had a standing rule if you don't speak English you need a translator to be there. Couple of Hispanics showed up that didn't speak or understand a word of English... they should have been stopped at the cash register. So these two guys come up to the range that is currently hot with probably a dozen shooters on the pistol side. Somehow Lost in Translation they thought it was okay to call out in post a Target... But they couldn't walk. One guy had made it to post his Target, the other we caught just in time is he's crawling under the bench to walk out.

Of course you always have the assholes that want to load up hot loads for their inexperienced girlfriend... I had one guy I'd do it to his kid which promptly got him kicked off The range.

Not at the range but was At the gas station the other day, hop out the truck with a buddy, walk past a guy and he can see that we carry, asks what we carry, both of us respond with what we carry and of course never touch them, show them, etc. guy responds yeah I carry a “insert brand here” pulls out of the holster to show it and immediately flags me with it. I move out of the way immediately and say “thanks for pointing that right at me” and walk on by.

Probably should have given him a verbal asswhopping

Saw a guy with his rifle scope mounted backwards I asked him about it and his response was he didn't know it was backwards, but thought it was odd that the targets were looking further away than with his naked eye.....He was dead serious...LOL.........You can't make up shit like that.

Last edited:
Got tired of seeing all the holes in the tin roof at the local DNR range so I joined a private club, second trip there and I’ve been shooting alone for about an hour when this older fella comes up with a mini-14, and dumps a whole mag in 3 seconds without hanging a target. Whatever. So we go cold and he gets set up, right beside me ( 8 other open lanes)once we’re hot again I notice he’s not shooting so I look up from being prone between benches and see that muzzle pointed right at me as he’s trying to hammer the bolt forward on a hung round. Pushed his muzzle forward and said “need help?” After prying his bolt open I found he had crammed in 5.45x39 and was trying to feed. His brother said they were cheap Russian steel cased .223. After that I got to the range at sunup and left when the donut and golf cart brigade showed up.

I went to this range by my house once. It is a family owned business. They don’t even have RSO in the bays. Left as soon as I say a group of guys with a rental gun struggle to load the pistol, flag everyone in the bay and then proceed to shoot what seemed like .25 second splits hitting everything but most of the target.

Tok my CCW class from a local guy. Class had about 12 people in it.

After class, we head to the range to prove we can hit a target.

Two guys are waiting in the lobby, where all firearms are to remain cased, and they pull out a pistol and start waving it around.

I approach them and politely let them know that all pistols are to be cased in the lobby.

One guy gets all pissed off and waving the gun around and flags me.

I told him he wasted his money because he obviously learned nothing in the class and left.

If I could fix stupid, I'd be a millionaire.

Reactions: Decoy
Definitely had a few issues that have put me on edge from idiots trying to clear jams with the gun point right at me and their finger on the trigger to a jackass shooting on a cold hundred yd range w three people down range. Claimed he didn’t see us and thought he was the only person. Guy didn’t look right in the head and upon looking him up and down noticed the asshole had his boots on the opposite feet. Packed up and left. Went to the range shop and told them to look at the film and to get him before he killed someone. Found out later that he was a Dr. who had just lost his practice and license for poor prescribing practices and that the RSO called the cops on him after we left bc he was intoxicated.

To me the craziest thing that I’ve seen was at a local 200 yd range as we changed r targets a guy came up in a car and stole my buddies rifle right off the bench, jumped in the car and left. In fact the guy it happened to is a hide member @truebluecobra Cameras weren’t good enough to get a tag but the idiot came back and tried it again. Thankfully the head RSO is a good guy and hopped in his car and drove around until he caught the guy and called the cops. My buddy got his rifle back a few wks later. First time the range has ever had someone with the balls to steal a gun.

I volunteered for a year at an outdoor public city range. I figure the head RSO should be nominated for sainthood: he was a wealth of knowledge and focused on keeping everyone safe, even when it took eyeballs in the back of his head. Great gentleman who was free with his information, for those who asked, and probably forgot more than I will ever know.

The flagging/muzzling was a common occurrence, but what always got me was the folks who wanted to touch their equipment/rifles when the range was cold and people were down range changing targets. There was always an excuse, each worse than the last.

Had a guy this past weekend show up with a bolt gun of some unknown caliber. Range was called cold, he still had a round in the chamber, so he proceeds to try to extract the round... 5 or 10 times. Would not extract... so, he picks up the gun, at least the bolt was back, and proceeds to bang the butt of the rifle onto the table. When that doesn't work he moves to banging on the ground... and predictably, he looks down the barrel. Eventually had to get a rod and push the round out of the chamber, but.... we left.

I worked as a RSO at a local range for a while back when I was in the 'Corps.

I lost as much faith in humanity and common sense there as I have shopping at Walmart.

I don't think you could pay me enough to deal with the general public as an RSO. We got a membership where we can shoot when the range is closed to the public, we have not been during a "public" time since, until this weekend. Probably going to go back to leaving as soon as they open again.

Reactions: 308pirate
I volunteered for a year at an outdoor public city range. I figure the head RSO should be nominated for sainthood: he was a wealth of knowledge and focused on keeping everyone safe, even when it took eyeballs in the back of his head. Great gentleman who was free with his information, for those who asked, and probably forgot more than I will ever know.

The flagging/muzzling was a common occurrence, but what always got me was the folks who wanted to touch their equipment/rifles when the range was cold and people were down range changing targets. There was always an excuse, each worse than the last.

Whenever I call out dumbasses going for a firearm on a cold range, the response always starts with
‘I just want.....’ Put your muffs on your fuckin head, your phone in your pocket and shut the fuck up.

Love those videos.

Missed the guy who brings his GF to the range wearing a low cut shirt.
Or the guy who buys only the cheapest crap on the market, and has 15 excuses why he can't hit the target at 25 yards. But I should buy the same junk he has.
Or the lady who keeps asking me to not shoot my AR because the blast disrupts her concentration with her shooting.

RSO have a spectrum. Some are good. Some make me wish Stevie Wonder was there, and others so strict you wonder if they are making shit up just to mess with shooters.

The only time I like an ar15 at the range is when I'm shooting it.

I am an RSO at my local Issac Walton League. We have skeet, five stand, pistol, and rifle and I RSO on the shotgun fields.

We have a nice club and I haven't seen anything too outrageous on the rifle range....so far.

On a skeet field, with five guys in a squad walking around with shotguns, its pretty easy to let something untoward happen if the shooter is not experienced. They turn toward the squad with a loaded gun asking why they missed that target. The turn toward the squad with a loaded gun trying to turn their back to some flying target pieces (and are outraged when we suggest that they keep the gun pointed down range even if they have to take a target piece hit). We do keep a very close eye on newer shooters who often come with a semi-auto which is much harder to tell if the action is open than an OU where its obvious.

You are either a member there with range safety training or you are with such a member as a guest. Not open for public walk ons.

But, I have also agreed to be a safety officer at a local country run, public, facility. They ask some more experienced fellas to help them out around the holidays with the "gun present". Nothing like Grandpa, who hasn't shot a clay target in 30 years and who is out with his grandson and a x-mas present gun, and who takes great and very vocal umbrage at being politely corrected when he swept half the club with his gun. sigh

Over a very long period of time, I have a had, on two occasions, needed to go to the facility manager and have the police called as some of these folks just thought it was their god given right to endanger everybody else, tell the RSO to fuck off, and stand their ground. Seen a couple of big attitude changes once the cops showed.

Cheers

Last edited:
Long ago.
sand pit range on Long Island ny
Used to be the ok coral
Some birds fly over and a guy with a 10-22 banana mag stops shooting 50 yard target and put 10-15 in the air.
needless to say he was kicked out and arrested. Prob 50 stations at that range.
That’s on top of the usual shooting wrong target, flagging guys etc
went there many times years back. It was the wild west for the longest time, littered with regfrigerators tv's etc. And it never failed you would be walking downrange during a ceasefire and some asshat would fire a round. Do you remember that old lady that was the range officer??

A friend of mine moved to the Adirondacks years back. He found a range to shoot at and on his first trip there, he pulls in and there are two cars and only one shooter. The shooter fires a round and his buddy steps out from behind a tree and walks over to the target and points to the impact on the target.
Fucking appleknockers got annoyed when Tim questioned their logic.

Hummmmmmm.....Maybe we need to hand out shock collars to the patrons and let the RSO have the remote. Do something stupid and you'll know. Bet these issues drop off to 1%.......

I quit shooting sporting clays because, short of a public pay-to-play range, there isn't a group of more unsafe gun handlers than shotgunners.

Then there's the old guy who shows up to the local USPSA and Steel Challenge matches and gets DQd for unsafe gun handling almost every other weekend.

went there many times years back. It was the wild west for the longest time, littered with regfrigerators tv's etc. And it never failed you would be walking downrange during a ceasefire and some asshat would fire a round. Do you remember that old lady that was the range officer??

Who could forget her...a mix of Throw mama from the train and Sloth from the Goonies.

I think the guy who runs it now is her son.
Last I saw him he was pushing 65 and that was a while ago

the guy was way down in the right prob 5 benches off the hill.

It’s cleaned up now, still a shit hole but no more junk. Not even allows to shoot the pail covers in the hill.

But less morons because no one is bringing their bent SKS because they’re afraid to get caught with it not being registered

I RO for a couple of ranges. You have to be part psychic if you want to be a good RO I think.
I was at a public range with no ROs once. I was meeting a buddy to help him sight in his rifle. Two guys were up from North Dakota to hunt moose. The range is packed, like 150 people packed for 20 something lanes. I was standing way back from the firing line watching the lunacy unfold. When a table opened up the 2 knuckle heads from ND just started walking down range while the range was hot. They made it about 10 yards before some people started screaming at them. They made it to about 40 yards before they realized that the people were yelling at them. All this time there are still people shooting. When they finally got back to the firing line their excuse was that they were staying in their lane and wouldn’t get shot. I haven’t been to that range in years for good reasons.

Reactions: Krawlven and dinc
I strongly disagree with this statement.
You're not me and you haven't seen what I have seen.

I really was beginning to get a hostile attitude after the tenth time I asked some old asshole to not sweep me with his gun only to get fucking talkback.

One guy I used to shoot with could not stop closing his gun before stepping off the cage and walking to the rack with it closed, despite being asked multiple times to stop that shit. The straw that broke the camel's back was when one of my squadmates noticed a shell in the breech as that guy closed the gun. He still thought it wasn't a big deal.

I went to USPSA where gun handling rules are strict and their enforcement actually has teeth. Then I became a USPSA Range Officer, so now I get to teach people who do stupid shit the lesson they never got.

I was at a public range one time it was one that was unsupervised but the rangers would show up every once in awhile check permits and check to make sure people are following rules. They have a rule that you can only load 6 rounds at a time. Well there was a guy up on different range and i could hear him just dumping 30 round mags in an AR. He seemed kinda out there well he goes out to the parking lot Not sure why. All the sudden i hear shots coming from the parking lot 5-6 shots. Absolutely no safe place to be shooting there. Well the guy comes back up to the range area. He has to walk past me and other people goes back to shooting something was definitely not right with him. Well I hadn't been there long but other people that were said he had been doing crazy stuff. When he went back to the range everyone else seen the opportunity packed up and left . I had just got my stuff set up so i'm trying to get packed up too. Before I could leave the guy walk back passed me toward the parking lot. I always carry when I'm there so I had my pistol drawn discreetly and i kept my eye on him. He goes back out to the lot and I hear more shots. I want to get out of there but he is in the parking lot. Luckily he then left. It was the closest I have ever been to thinking I may actually have to shoot somebody.

You're not me and you haven't seen what I have seen.
Yes, and you are not me and haven't been and seen what I have and I continue to strongly disagree with your overly broad generalization

So....we differ. Ain't the end of the world, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: phxfa
Yes, and you are not me and haven't been and seen what I have and I continue to strongly disagree with your overly broad generalization

So....we differ. Ain't the end of the world, right?
I get it. No one wants to hear that his sport is the one with the most fucktards who can't grasp safe gun handling.

But after 21 years in the shooting sports, including NRA highpower and smallbore, IDPA, USPSA, NSCA sporting clays, and lots of skeet leagues leaves me with no other conclusion.

Shotguns guys are near the top of the shit list at my local. Next to ‘ the 270 Win is the greatest
caliber in the world’ fudds. ‘But it’s been fired’ , pointing muzzle at you closed bolt finger in
guard. One day I’m going have one too many coffees and leg sweep one of those dildos.

My kid and his interest is the reason we started going to the range a lot, several incidents while we were there is why I got the private membership to go when closed. If someone else is there we go to off to another part of the range. It has been good for my BP as my rage meter kicks up for dumb shit when he is present.

Who could forget her...a mix of Throw mama from the train and Sloth from the Goonies.

I think the guy who runs it now is her son.
Last I saw him he was pushing 65 and that was a while ago

the guy was way down in the right prob 5 benches off the hill.

It’s cleaned up now, still a shit hole but no more junk. Not even allows to shoot the pail covers in the hill.

But less morons because no one is bringing their bent SKS because they’re afraid to get caught with it not being registered
I have been to a few shoots on the cowboys range in the back. The son fixed the place up really well. It's nowhere near the shithole the old man ran.
Years back the state police and the atf would sit in the lot and wait for that one guy who made his sks or ak full auto. They nailed a few there.
What a place.

Reactions: camocorvette

bangers know they will use their firearm- so some train

I was at the range years ago and the range master was working on a gun and was applying a drop of lock tight to a screw...

Some thug was leaving the shooting bays and said- oh you got oil? oil up my gun

the range master stopped what he was doing... smiled... applied lock tight to the slide and a squirt into all holes... firing pin channel - trigger area.. ran the slide 6 times and said- all good...

the thug packaged up his gun and left...

we all lost it laughing after he left..

I have been working with a few newer deputies lately on handguns...well, hurricane hanna is happening and the outdoor range wasn’t happening and they still wanted to shoot...so, after work we went to an indoor range about a mile away from work.

two stalls down from me there were a pair of 50 something year old men. One had a brand new John wick STI, the other had a fully built SVI infinity 2011(exact copy of mine, but stainless instead of black).

these two assholes could NOT hit paper at 20-25 yards to save their lives! Of course the guns were instantly blamed.

They watched me shoot for a while and were interested in red dots, so we talked about that. when I left I handed my card and told them “it’s not the gun”

these guys have over $4000 worth of gun a piece and haven’t figured out how to hold the damn things yet!

bench

I was at the range last weekend, 3 lanes from me was a guy rapid firing mag after mag after mag. He was so fat he had to cant his AK at about a 45 degree angle so the mag would clear his belly. He had a silhouette target set up at 25 yards, but he was plowing the 15 yard berm, after 3 or 4 rounds into a mag all you could see was a cloud of dust. I asked the RSO why they allowed that, he said as long as the rounds were hitting the berm he could waste as much ammo as he wanted. I finally got tired of it and shot the legs off of his target stand. When his target fell he started cheering. The RSO came over and said that was funny as heck but asked me to not do it again. I did go to Lowes and buy some 2x2 to repair the range target stand.

I get it. No one wants to hear that his sport is the one with the most fucktards who can't grasp safe gun handling.

What is really hilarious about this line is that you absolutely don't see the irony in it. Right over the old noggin.

Cheers and I'm done with this topic. It was kind of fun....until it wasn't. Thanks for the memories.