• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Swiss Crown Jewel of the Old School

zfk55sr

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Strangely enough, the zfk55 can still hold it's own with far more state of the art rifles.
The drawback is it's weight. Fully loaded it comes in around 15 pounds loaded, but it's accuracy and dependability outweighs the inconvenience.

Those 85+ year old k31's that came to you with nearly pristine barrels and sharp lands and grooves? Ever wonder why that should be? Besides the very simple armoury and soldier maintenance techniques, those receivers and barrels are a nominal RH factor of 38. Harder than any other issue military rifle ever made.

The rifle is incredibly accurate with the GP11 cartridge, but in the past 35 years or so we've developed load data that outperforms the GP11. The 4x integral scope was also a minor limiting factor, so we developed a scope mount that allows the shooter to us any scope in the world. The issue mount drops down into a pair of slots that are a part of the rifle's receiver.

My Son prefers the Premier Heritage scope, but my 55 uses the IOR Valdada fixed 10 power. I have a folder of varied range targets around here someplace, but this one is typical of 5 rounds at 200 yards.

This is the issue scope. The mount and scope are a one piece unit.

We developed this mount to replace it.

And this one is mine with the Valdada.

My zfk55's are my absolute favorite rifles to shoot. I joke to my wife that I want to be buried with my stratocaster and my zfk55.

Reactions: zfk55sr
Man the Swiss would have messed up some Germans had they decided to take the easy route to visit Italy.

It would be an honor to have one in such pristine conditions.

Want to know a secret about the 55's?
Remove the flash suppressor and bore it out 20/ thous at the end. Watch what happens with your groups.
Re-install the flashhider or no? And, what happens? I know it shocked me that my K31 groups as well as it does. I don't have a flashhider on mine.