• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Used Both this weekend during second relay of an end of season Vintage Rifle Course Match trying them out. Having both bags is the perfect answer. This is a flat range an lower targets. Able to use one or the other. Groups were good fired quickly and mirage on this short range was very heavy in the scope. Making centering the reticle a challenge on a reduced Fclass target.

I am very pleased.

Marc, Maybe a package deal for the Answer and the Compromise, call it the Perfect Answer ;) Thx again for the fast service!!

• Love
Reactions: Enough Said
Paypal sent for an original bag. Excited to try it out.

I also have a potentially dumb question - on downhill shots, if my bipod won't go low enough for the bag, is it acceptable to stack another flatter bag underneath? Or does that create inconsistency?

One of my favorite local shooting areas has a 900 yard shot that's quite a bit lower elevation than the shooting spot, which is mostly level. Currently I've been laying a wide flat bag of rice on the mat, and using my tall rear bag on top of that. I think my issue is the tall bag, which I hope to correct with this Taylor bag, but is stacking the bags hurting as well? This is with a short 9-13" bipod fully collapsed.
Or, maybe this bag will be tall enough on it's own, and the question is irrelevant. I guess I don't know until it gets here.

I also have a potentially dumb question - on downhill shots, if my bipod won't go low enough for the bag, is it acceptable to stack another flatter bag underneath? Or does that create inconsistency?

One of my favorite local shooting areas has a 900 yard shot that's quite a bit lower elevation than the shooting spot, which is mostly level. Currently I've been laying a wide flat bag of rice on the mat, and using my tall rear bag on top of that. I think my issue is the tall bag, which I hope to correct with this Taylor bag, but is stacking the bags hurting as well? This is with a short 9-13" bipod fully collapsed.
Or, maybe this bag will be tall enough on it's own, and the question is irrelevant. I guess I don't know until it gets here.
If you can't get the bags to remain stable, yes it will hurt. I could see where two bags would create some issues (shifting around and such stuff, how do you keep the fill stable on both, keep one bag from not shifting on the other bag, keep one bag from not shifting on the other bag while focusing on the shot you need to make). Just my .02

@Enough Said ran your bag for a 22LR match last weekend. Did a lot of rapid bolt manipulation with my 77/22, the bag and helped me maintain stability and clean all the targets. I had a lot of fun, my competitors needed one ;) ;)
Hope you're doing well!

• Love

When one of those shots presents itself, you have to take it, but you should protect stability foremost in order to hit the first shot. During subsequent shots, just guard the slippage that can happen with nylon on nylon and gather up as much of that with your graspers as you can manage.

Shooting downhill allows a better "bite" by the stock in the shoulder pocket. The opposite is true when angling uphill and the stock wants to dive under the pocket. Just guard the slippage from nylon on nylon and you will be fine, but it is a compromise from ideal.

...Taylor

"Answer" - The Original - $53
"Compromise" - $50
PayPal.Me/AlaskaPrecisionRifle

When one of those shots presents itself, you have to take it, but you should protect stability foremost in order to hit the first shot. During subsequent shots, just guard the slippage that can happen with nylon on nylon and gather up as much of that with your graspers as you can manage.

Shooting downhill allows a better "bite" by the stock in the shoulder pocket. The opposite is true when angling uphill and the stock wants to dive under the pocket. Just guard the slippage from nylon on nylon and you will be fine, but it is a compromise from ideal.

...Taylor

"Answer" - The Original - $53
"Compromise" - $50

Appreciate the feedback.

I should have mentioned that my flat bag is denim rather than nylon, so it seems to have less slip than nylon on nylon. But that’s still a good point regardless, and I could also look into something to improve the friction between the bags. A section of that non-slip mat for toolboxes attached to the top of the flat bag might do the trick.

Sending You Payment for "THE COMPROMISE" - SHORTER BAG 13 OZ. - $50 SHIPPED - SOLVES PROBLEMS WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF BIPOD HEIGHT.
I already own the "Answer Bag"

• Love
I received "The Answer" bag the other day. First impressions are that it's well built and an upgrade from what I currently use. I'll be looking forward to putting it through the paces at the range. Thanks Marc!

• Love
Funds sent for "The Answer" bag. Seems like a lot of glowing reviews so I figure I have nothing to lose and a lot to gain!

• Love
If you order TWO bags, whether Answer plus Compromise, or Answer plus another Answer so your shooting buddy isn't all fucked up, just send $100 as I will ship them together. But make sure you specify exactly what you want.

The Answer - $53
The Compromise - $50
Two of Either - $100

Thanks. I'm working weekends getting bags made and shipped thanks to you guys. LOL
But it's worth it when I hear about you shooting the tightest groups you've ever shot. :-]]

...Taylor

Stacking bags will hurt due as it will be difficult to build a position that is stable.

We had a scenario at the last class I took with @Enough Said and Frank that was called the humbler. We had to shoot 2 shots at each of 4 different ranges from 200 to 800. You had 2 or 3 minutes to finish. The close in target at 200 was at a down angle and the others at progressively higher up angles. It was tough because it required rapid adjustment of the bipod to allow you to engage the 600 and 800 targets which at your time. At 600 and 800, most people had to place a wood block under their bipod to get enough up angle which also ate up time.

One of the more experienced shooters had a neat idea. He put wood blocks under his rear bag for the 200 and 400 yard stages. No adjustment required. He ran his bag (The Answer) and 2 blocks for 200, one block for 400 and just the bag for 600. He only had to make one adjustment to engage the 800. I think he was the only one to complete the drill successfully.

There is always an answer if you think out of the box. I learned a lot that day

Got mine today. Like the color.

Attachments

• IMAG0130.jpg
    IMAG0130.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Love
I haven’t had a chance to shoot with my Answer bag yet, but in playing wannabe sniper on the floor I’m impressed, it’s a very solid bag.

The big thing that stands out to me is the way the bag is flexible when loose, but becomes very solid when it packs down.

Reactions: stanley_white
What is the height difference between the two bags?
There's a cut difference, filled and closed difference and usable difference, so it's hard to answer that question depending on how you are utilizing the bag exactly. I call it an inch, but it comes out to 10+ Mils of usable gain through the scope.
I haven’t had a chance to shoot with my Answer bag yet, but in playing wannabe sniper on the floor I’m impressed, it’s a very solid bag.

The big thing that stands out to me is the way the bag is flexible when loose, but becomes very solid when it packs down.
Love hearing things like this. Means you are using it EXACTLY the way I hoped you will!!!!
Now, shoot tighter groups!

Thanks, guys and gals and wives' PayPal accounts! LOL
...Taylor

Reactions: Hkmiller
Got mine today. Like the color.
I hand-sewed that fucker closed myself and that half-hitch cinch stitch line is absolutely beautiful. Agree? LOL
I then hide the loose end underneath with two knots toward the anchor end. Thing of beauty...

If your mass-produced bag has a sewing machine stitch line as the closing stitch... It doesn't have enough fill in it. You can't properly fill the bag and then get it to fit under the foot of the sewing machine!!! One-at-a-time, baby! :-]]

...Taylor

I hand-sewed that fucker closed myself and that half-hitch cinch stitch line is absolutely beautiful. Agree? LOL
I then hide the loose end underneath with two knots toward the anchor end. Thing of beauty...

If your mass-produced bag has a sewing machine stitch line as the closing stitch... It doesn't have enough fill in it. You can't properly fill the bag and then get it to fit under the foot of the sewing machine!!! One-at-a-time, baby! :-]]

...Taylor
It is a beauty. If you need a new gig, you can always become a seamstress.:ROFLMAO:

• Love
@Enough Said
Now Marc, you know I have one of your bags and ran it very successfully during our four day clinic in PA.

But, if you ever have any silk screened kind of like this, let me know and I may be down for a dozen or so! haha

1668559150264.png

Some AWESOME wife to a SHOOTER just scored her man both the Answer and Compromise...
AND booked him into a 3-Day P.R. Course !!!!!

We all need a woman like this. Congrat's to that shooter.

Guys, you won't get what you don't ask for...

Taylor

@Enough Said
Guess I can't get a "Taylor Was Here" Rear bag or 2 😩
PayPal banned me years ago my account was froze for selling firearm related items because some idiot put what he was buying in the comment.
Marc, Can I send you a check to AK? or I could wait till June and bring Cash 😂
Bill
Create a new PayPal account with different email address.

First post but had to join and send paypal for 2- Answers.
Hopefully it makes it before christmas but either way I'm excited for the wife and I to try.

• Love
Bought "The Answer" back in early November. That, coupled with the instruction provided in "The Taylor Was Here Rear Bag" article in gear reviews, has rocked my group-shooting world! So much so that I just ordered "The Compromise", for those times when a bit shorter bag would be a better fit.
Thanks for providing these, Staff Sgt. Taylor! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Wife claimed my original Answer so i guess i got to get another one for myself, and while im at it might as well pick up a compromise as a just in case.

Just ordered an Answer and Compromise.

Bought "The Answer" back in early November. That, coupled with the instruction provided in "The Taylor Was Here Rear Bag" article in gear reviews, has rocked my group-shooting world! So much so that I just ordered "The Compromise", for those times when a bit shorter bag would be a better fit.
Thanks for providing these, Staff Sgt. Taylor! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
THANKS FOR THIS.
Students who take the Course get lots of hands-on instruction on proper use of the bag. It's not an afterthought, nor is it assumed that a shooter knows how to get the most of a rear bag just because he uses one. For some, it's nothing more than a kickstand.

We have noticed that students' intermediate range groups are incredible after a day of instruction with it.
Thanks again to all of you.

...Taylor