• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have used "The Answer" several times now and really love how it stabilizes my rifle.
My question is, If it seems the bag is not quite tall enough do I need to lower bipod or add a bag rider to buttstock?
Setup is Ruger Precision Gen 3 with Magpul PRS stock. Atlas bipod with legs on second notch. So the rifle is not really that high off the ground (I think anyway, maybe I'm wrong on that???)

I end up having to "re-fluff?" the rear bag after each shot to get enough height. Going to Alaska in July for PRS back to back classes, want to get as much worked out ahead of time as possible without creating bad habits.

Thanks for any input,
Brad.

Have used "The Answer" several times now and really love how it stabilizes my rifle.
My question is, If it seems the bag is not quite tall enough do I need to lower bipod or add a bag rider to buttstock?
Setup is Ruger Precision Gen 3 with Magpul PRS stock. Atlas bipod with legs on second notch. So the rifle is not really that high off the ground (I think anyway, maybe I'm wrong on that???)

I end up having to "re-fluff?" the rear bag after each shot to get enough height. Going to Alaska in July for PRS back to back classes, want to get as much worked out ahead of time as possible without creating bad habits.

Thanks for any input,
Brad.

What height are your rings/mount??

Gorilla-grip that bag. Shouldn't be any "re-fluffing" involved. And make sure your "pincers" are out of the straps.
The only movement you should have between shots is the running of your bolt.
Once this bag is firm under the rear of your rifle, all adjustment is made at the bipod. The biggest mistake students make is trying to use the rear bag for elevation. Bipod notches are for elevation.
One thing for sure. I will square you away in July since you will be coming to our Alaska Courses. See you there!
...Taylor

Thanks for any input,
Brad.
Just for reference the answer wasn’t to short for the guy between Frank & Mark. If your scope is slammed down tight you may want to consider at least bringing a higher set of rings or mount to the class. They’ll be removing the scope anyways and they will get you straightened out.
Now if your taller than that guy you may need Taylor to custom Taylor you a bag.
6BEE3D9A-CDB4-4DAA-99AA-EFF7FBF98254.jpeg

Reactions: Baron23
Just for reference the answer wasn’t to short for the guy between Frank & Mark. If your scope is slammed down tight you may want to consider at least bringing a higher set of rings or mount to the class. They’ll be removing the scope anyways and they will get you straightened out.
Now if your taller than that guy you may need Taylor to custom Taylor you a bag.
View attachment 8028347
That's a nice view of the terrain what range is that

Thanks for the replies and advice.
1. Scope is mounted with rings that are 1.26" rail to centerline of scope, believe they are labeled "medium" height. Factory 20 MOA rail. Result is about 0.25" clearance between sunshade and handguard. Objective is 56mm.
2. I read the instructions which came with the bag and was trying to follow them, re: grasp ears, finger & thumb outside strap, don't squeeze for elevation during shot, etc. After reading Taylor's reply and thinking about the steps I was using, I believe the following is (at least one of the things anyway) that I have been doing wrong.

While I did not squeeze/release the bag for elevation, I did fluff it up and rested rear of stock into the bag gently enough that the elevation was correct. As a result the bag was supporting the buttstock & I could relax with crosshairs staying on target, but it was not really firmly set and recoil would throw it all off. Fluff again and repeat. Results were good, 1/2" group at 100 yards.
Next trip to the range I will set the bag in firmly and adjust bipod for elevation.

Merry Christmas!!

Reactions: 357Max and Baron23
Thanks for the replies and advice.
1. Scope is mounted with rings that are 1.26" rail to centerline of scope, believe they are labeled "medium" height. Factory 20 MOA rail. Result is about 0.25" clearance between sunshade and handguard. Objective is 56mm.
2. I read the instructions which came with the bag and was trying to follow them, re: grasp ears, finger & thumb outside strap, don't squeeze for elevation during shot, etc. After reading Taylor's reply and thinking about the steps I was using, I believe the following is (at least one of the things anyway) that I have been doing wrong.

While I did not squeeze/release the bag for elevation, I did fluff it up and rested rear of stock into the bag gently enough that the elevation was correct. As a result the bag was supporting the buttstock & I could relax with crosshairs staying on target, but it was not really firmly set and recoil would throw it all off. Fluff again and repeat. Results were good, 1/2" group at 100 yards.
Next trip to the range I will set the bag in firmly and adjust bipod for elevation.

Merry Christmas!!
Sounds like you are not square behind the rifle and/or you don't have enough pressure to the rear. You are losing sight picture as well. The bag doesn't fix bad fundamentals, BUT WE DO.
See you in July.
Make sure you remind me of this post at the course, but if you don't, I'm gonna fix you anyway. LOL
Thanks for ordering that great bag.
Alaska is always a great time. Doubly so for you because you are coming back-to-back. :-]
...Taylor

BWAAAAHAHHAAHHAHHAHHA

Got 20 orders this morning from disappointed shooters who Santa did not deliver a bag to... LOL

There is life after divorce. Trust me. LOL

They all go out tomorrow. Thanks for your trust and orders.

Taylor
Unknown.jpeg

BWAAAAHAHHAAHHAHHAHHA

Got 20 orders this morning from disappointed shooters who Santa did not deliver a bag to... LOL

There is life after divorce. Trust me. LOL

They all go out tomorrow. Thanks for your trust and orders.

TaylorView attachment 8030605
Yup one was mine lol, got it today! This thing just plain works man! Perfect materials, fill and height. I’ve been dry firing all afternoon 😂
Thanks Taylor!

• Love
Reactions: Enough Said
My bags arrived Friday. Got to use them Sunday, followed the instructions and everything here on the hide Marc has said about using them.
I like them. Hopefully I can attend one of his classes.

Tried my bag out this weekend. Unfortunately for me it was too tall, great quality and seems like it will work well. Looks like I’m going to have to order the shorter one now.

Tried my bag out this weekend. Unfortunately for me it was too tall, great quality and seems like it will work well. Looks like I’m going to have to order the shorter one now.
Ah, could you not raise the bipod?

Bipod was at max height, I did not have my leg extensions with me at the time.

Yep, shooting up the side of a mountain... Mark's rear bag was great.

View attachment 8029207
Getting lots of PM's this weekend about position height. Well, this is what you are seeking. Comfortable position, head erect, buttstock biting into the shoulder pocket not pushing under it.

Note the notches being used on the bipods in this photo taken on a break at a Course in PA. If your goal is a string of fire at similar ranges and elevations, seek the perfect bipod height, not a compromising one.

Shooters WRONGLY just sink in the bag instead of raising the bipod. WRONG. It's PRECISION RIFLE, not compromise rifle shooting.

By the end of this course, every student had replaced his rear bag with the Answer Bag. There's a reason. The Answer is flexible, yes, but not so sloppy that you have to "gather up another handful" after each shot. The only movement between shots should be the running of the bolt.

By the way, the groups we shot at 300 yards at this course were the best we've seen by a group of students in all of our years of instructing.

Taylor

PayPal.Me/AlaskaPrecisionRifle
$53 - Answer
$50 - Compromise
$100 - Both

It/they will be in your hands by next weekend.
A33815E5-5881-47F5-AD4F-11A0BB2F1BBF.jpeg

Just sent payment for The Answer.

Can't wait to see how much improvement this is going to make.

• Love
Got ping'd by a Ukrainian sniper looking for a better rear bag for .338 LM to use in combat. Hmmm...
Maybe I'll be part of the bloated U.S. budget soon? LOL

Used to do a "Recoil Management" demo at our Courses with my .338 Sako TRG before everyone woke up to lower calibers. My method of recoil management hinged almost entirely on my elimination of angle for recoil to exploit, bipod height that supported my fundamentals, AND my control of my rear bag.
IMG_3865.jpeg

So I get it. The Ukrainian Sniper needs something better than what he has. They must be reading @snipershideforum00 in the hides over there. LOL

Worked my ass off getting 30 orders out this weekend. Thanks to all of you who believe, trust and count on me to fix problems you didn't know you have. That is what we do at [email protected]. Coming this year with a full roster to a venue near YOU.

[edited]. Found this old photo from 1986 of me, Sgt. Taylor, learning to control recoil with an old Iver Johnson 500. Total failure. That system was full-term abortion, from the face-of-the-bolt load to the unworthy optic to the ineffective M60 tank brake. Total garbage and I doubt one still exists. LOL

Thanks again,
Taylor

Attachments

• IMG_0407.PNG
    IMG_0407.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Yes, I will, if you are okay with paying for the shipping.
Have successfully shipped to New Zealand, U.K., Canada, Germany.

Taylor

Got ping'd by a Ukrainian sniper looking for a better rear bag for .338 LM to use in combat. Hmmm...
Maybe I'll be part of the bloated U.S. budget soon? LOL

Used to do a "Recoil Management" demo at our Courses with my .338 Sako TRG before everyone woke up to lower calibers. My method of recoil management hinged almost entirely on my elimination of angle for recoil to exploit, bipod height that supported my fundamentals, AND my control of my rear bag.
View attachment 8043437

So I get it. The Ukrainian Sniper needs something better than what he has. They must be reading @snipershideforum00 in the hides over there. LOL

Worked my ass off getting 30 orders out this weekend. Thanks to all of you who believe, trust and count on me to fix problems you didn't know you have. That is what we do at [email protected]. Coming this year with a full roster to a venue near YOU.

[edited]. Found this old photo from 1986 of me, Sgt. Taylor, learning to control recoil with an old Iver Johnson 500. Total failure. That system was full-term abortion, from the face-of-the-bolt load to the unworthy optic to the ineffective M60 tank brake. Total garbage and I doubt one still exists. LOL

Thanks again,
Taylor
So, did you send the Ukrainian guy a bag? Could be a very good real world endorsement. Haha

And how come you’re in short sleeves and that skinny fuck, Frank, is in hoodie and knit beanie. I hate skinny people…well, actually I’m envious of skinny people. Lol

Cheers

• Love
IMG_2004.jpeg

Some "lucky" Shooter this week will receive the 500th Answer Bag I've shipped since I started making bags in late May.

Once we zero the effect of the shooter, we can then begin to zero the rifle and gather data. It's a process, not an event.

These bags support that process, giving you CONSISTENCY, shot-to-shot, with no need to gather up some more bag for the next string of fire.
Just run the bolt.

Read the associated article at the head of this thread. Follow the instructions that came with your bag... and change your shooting forever.

Thanks to the 500 shooters who have become more consistent in the last 6 months. I hope to reach you ALL, eventually. Spread the word...
The Answer is here...

--- Taylor

Answer - $53
Compromise - $50
Both - $100

Just ordered the Answer and Compromise. Have to be better than the Armageddon Gear Game Changer I have been using. To be fair, I just bought my first precision rifle 3 weeks ago, have only shot it to 100 yards...indoors. Hoping to get some longer distances in over the next few weeks before the weather sets in and some training later in the year.

Even so, I could tell that I was doing something wrong, and learned more about proper use of a rear bag and bipod going through this thread. I just discovered the articles on the topic and will be going through those voraciously.

• Love
The photos below are of my workspace. When Frank and I are with students, MY office is in YOUR office.
This is how I found the inconsistencies in bag products being offered, and why I decided to enter the market.
I have a unique perspective, because it is viewing everything that is taking place in your shooting space. The photos are from "training moments", some of them from slow-motion video, where I allow the shooter to see what he looks like during the shot.
Thanks for your support. Going on the road with Frank soon, to CALI, so get yours NOW.

Answer - $53 - The Perfect Bag
Compromise - $50 - The Perfect Smaller Bag
Both - $100

Attachments

• IMG_1426.jpeg
    IMG_1426.jpeg
    726.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Image 2-3-23 at 11.44 AM.jpg
    Image 2-3-23 at 11.44 AM.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 100
  • Image 2-3-23 at 11.36 AM.jpg