• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s "The Truck"

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    Well I gotta tell ya boys, this guy 1J04 is pretty damn impressed so far with his purchase. 2ndamendfan did not steer me wrong on this deal, as well as a number of you other folks that were kind enough to chime in. That 3.5 ecoboost is simply put, amazing. I thought someone said these have governor's on them. :eek: This truck is crazy smooth, has no delay when accelerating, can't feel it shift up or down, responds like a dream, it's quiet, and comfortable as all hell.

Simply put, I'm permanent pressed. Thank you greatly 2ndamendfan for all the info and running of vins for me. You put a lot into this and for that I thank you !!!! Your first hand knowledge was the deciding factor and made my choice very easy.

Now I just wanna know what the hell is happening. It was 31 coming in this morning so the Winter Robbins were moving a bit slower than usual. Right off the bat I took one to the grill. Not even a mark. Then 2 more near misses. Whew. Then I bounce one off the windshield right above my face. That one left a little skid mark on the windshield along with some fluffy down. I'm like WTF? Are Robins racist and don't like my Black Truck? Then the near miss with the Owl about 4 miles out from the Correctional Establishment was just too much. Right in front of me and over the hood. You can't make that shit up. :mad: So I'm like what the hell. At least they weren't Deer or Elk.

With a nice stretch in front of me before arriving 81 I accidentally ran code into the triple digits. Did I say I thought these were suppose to have a governor on them? I shut it down while it was still climbing with gusto. That engine and tranny are keepers. ;)

So we got rid of this

3JIDzNv.jpg

For this

Lfulbk4.jpg

X55RG76.jpg

I know it doesn't 'appear' to be any big change on the exterior, but thru and thru these two trucks are light years apart. And I'm thankful not to have Salmon Spawning in my floorboards anymore. :rolleyes:

​​​​​​​

Very nice. If you keep you foot out of it you can get some decent mpg out of the 3.5.

Whaaaaaat? :p

I'm gonna test that theory after topping it back off and get back to yuh on that. In about a 50 mile trip to work I have one stop sign (we ain't got no purty lights) to contend with and that stop sign is exactly one mile from residence. After that she's smooth sailing. So since I don't do alot of stop n go this should be a very good/accurate test. Looking forward to the results and "hoping" it starts with a '2'. ;)

Well I gotta tell ya boys, this guy 1J04 is pretty damn impressed so far with his purchase. 2ndamendfan did not steer me wrong on this deal, as well as a number of you other folks that were kind enough to chime in. That 3.5 ecoboost is simply put, amazing. I thought someone said these have governor's on them. :eek: This truck is crazy smooth, has no delay when accelerating, can't feel it shift up or down, responds like a dream, it's quiet, and comfortable as all hell.

Simply put, I'm permanent pressed. Thank you greatly 2ndamendfan for all the info and running of vins for me. You put a lot into this and for that I thank you !!!! Your first hand knowledge was the deciding factor and made my choice very easy.

Now I just wanna know what the hell is happening. It was 31 coming in this morning so the Winter Robbins were moving a bit slower than usual. Right off the bat I took one to the grill. Not even a mark. Then 2 more near misses. Whew. Then I bounce one off the windshield right above my face. That one left a little skid mark on the windshield along with some fluffy down. I'm like WTF? Are Robins racist and don't like my Black Truck? Then the near miss with the Owl about 4 miles out from the Correctional Establishment was just too much. Right in front of me and over the hood. You can't make that shit up. :mad: So I'm like what the hell. At least they weren't Deer or Elk.

With a nice stretch in front of me before arriving 81 I accidentally ran code into the triple digits. Did I say I thought these were suppose to have a governor on them? I shut it down while it was still climbing with gusto. That engine and tranny are keepers. ;)

So we got rid of this

3JIDzNv.jpg

For this

Lfulbk4.jpg

X55RG76.jpg

I know it doesn't 'appear' to be any big change on the exterior, but thru and thru these two trucks are light years apart. And I'm thankful not to have Salmon Spawning in my floorboards anymore. :rolleyes:

​​​​​​​

Congrats J, very nice!

I cracked up looking at the first pic. I saw the hose hanging from the cable rail. I'm thinking you just finished up washing it, then took the pic. But, I didn't see any soap suds on the ground (maybe it was raining hard enough that it all quickly washed out). And, who but a Washtonian washes their brand new (Black) truck, in the pouring down rain ? J, that's who ! (Actually, don't mean to pick on you, I've done it too. Sometimes, if we don't, it won't happen for another 6 months, weather dependent). Again, Congrats!

Once you get used to the power of the 3.5, throw a tuner on it...they get a bit rediculus ;).

I miss the ecoboost though, my current 5.0 is fun to drive...but the low end grunt just isn't there.

Threadcutter308 lmfao You're 100% correct about washing the rigs in the rain. No choice. That's over at a buddy's place down the road from me. My core area is like 200 acres and I rarely step outta it other than going to work. Everything I love do to is within that perimeter and I like it like that. ;) Thanks for the kind words buddy !!!!! And Merry Xmas to you and yours !!!!

Not a better looking truck than an F150. I had ran a company EcoBoost around for a year or so. I really liked it alot.

Threadcutter308 lmfao You're 100% correct about washing the rigs in the rain. No choice. That's over at a buddy's place down the road from me. My core area is like 200 acres and I rarely step outta it other than going to work. Everything I love do to is within that perimeter and I like it like that. ;) Thanks for the kind words buddy !!!!! And Merry Xmas to you and yours !!!!

U2 Bud! :D:D

Not a better looking truck than an F150. I had ran a company EcoBoost around for a year or so. I really liked it alot.

Ya, this was a fleet truck as well. Built January of this year if I remember right from what 2ndamendfan had told me. I've always liked the lines and the ecoboost is absolutely amazing. 375 Pony's pushing an aluminum truck around puts a smile on my face.

"Any color 1J wants, so long as it's black."

Glad you're enjoying it.

"Any color 1J wants, so long as it's black."

Glad you're enjoying it.

We'll skip the "Is Black a Color" debate and move right into "Thank you my fiendish friend", and I am. 10 years ago in one more week I bought that other Black Bastard. Wasn't first choice then, or now, but they all turn Brown round here pretty quick. Can't wait to take it off road and leave it filthy for a bit. ;)

I know 5 guys with EcoBoosts and none of them have exceeded 18mpg with varied driving styles. They freaking scoot though.

Congrats! Great looking truck and in the right color, too! Nothing like basic black!

Now... some Mexican blanket seat covers, an air horn and a proper front bumper... and you'll be stylin!

Cheers and Merry Christmas, buddy! Great truck!

Sirhr

Hey thx BIg Guy !!!! And Best to You and Your's as well.

So, something like this perhaps?

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Related image","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.loupiote.com\/photos_m\/34961737695-jeepney-philippines.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I seen your Snow Plow Beast and I'll tell ya, if I could afford to feed that fucker I'd have done it. But nay. ;) Beautiful rig buddy and thank you.

It gets 20 MPG... Unless I am plowing. Then it gets... 4.

Honestly, I'd probably still be driving Ford's, but my local dealer pissed me off at a level of epic that I bought a Ram in 2012. First truck I've kept past 3 years and 36K. Almost 100K miles and still love it. But I liked my F350's. I just got tired of complete fu**wits at the local dealer. And that was all she wrote. Changed brands. I'd been driving Fords since I was 19. 30 years of brand loyalty, screwed over by idiots at a dealer. Easy come, easy go... screw you, Ford! Ought to get better dealers!

Cheers and, again, congrats!

Sirhr

PS: If you are set on a jingley truck, I can hook you up with a couple of Pak autobody guys who know exactly how to build them... they hold the spray guns in their toes.... ;-)

It gets 20 MPG... Unless I am plowing. Then it gets... 4.

Honestly, I'd probably still be driving Ford's, but my local dealer pissed me off at a level of epic that I bought a Ram in 2012. First truck I've kept past 3 years and 36K. Almost 100K miles and still love it. But I liked my F350's. I just got tired of complete fu**wits at the local dealer. And that was all she wrote. Changed brands. I'd been driving Fords since I was 19. 30 years of brand loyalty, screwed over by idiots at a dealer. Easy come, easy go... screw you, Ford! Ought to get better dealers!

Cheers and, again, congrats!

Sirhr

PS: If you are set on a jingley truck, I can hook you up with a couple of Pak autobody guys who know exactly how to build them... they hold the spray guns in their toes.... ;-)

Jesus I love reading your posts. Funny, Deep, Funny, Informative, SARCASTIC, Funny, and a touch of Fuck You from time to time. Perfect. ;)

Ford left a bad taste in my mouth with my last two purchases from them. Not like Gerald did with Shark though. I've been bitching to anyone that would listen (thankful for a captive audience), about the F150 I just got rid of AND Ford service AND the dealership in Astoria. So I thought to myself self, use that hate for good, and so I did. When their number was to far off my number on their truck and mine I got up to leave and said Merry Ho Ho, we're too far apart.

Perfect time for me to pull the trigger. I did because I could, not because I had to. So after bringing up RAM and Chevy's and being headed that way, we found common ground. Like I told the guy, let's not bullshit over hundreds. That's cheap and not worth either of our time's. Let's concentrate on thousands and make a deal. And yes, I used Santa Claus as well. I won't go to hell for that will I?

We found common ground so now I gotta nuther Black F150. lol

Last edited:
    Nice, and personally i think you did well. Governor is 125mph I believe. (Could be 105). Superduties are 95mph or 105 (depends on a couple things). For those that say the ecoboost can't get MPG. I call BS.

First i never EVER count over all MPG nor city MPG. Way to many variables. I check freeway/highway MPG on any long trip. It has been my experience that power becomes addictive and owners start driving them like hot rods.

One story I have is a customer who bought his first turbo diesel and was bitching that he was not getting any better mileage towing than any 460 or 454 he had owned previously. We have some pretty good hills around here so I asked "how fast could you tow your trailer over "the sisters" with your gas motors?" His answer 45-50mph (70mph zone). "How fast will the diesel do it?" His answer 75mph easy, feels like it could do more.

It took 30 minutes for me to get him to understand he was getting more work for the same fuel.

If you are going to track or compare MPG don't be a dumbass

As I told 1J04 I love giving out information. Not real keen on giving out advice (what is the best scope?? Kind of shit). I am a Ford guy through and through. Family has owned Fords since before WWII. One cousin bought a Toyota years ago and no shit it burnt to the ground in a parking lot less than 3 years old.

Although being a mechanic and working on everything, Toyota does make a good product.

Not every Ford deserves to be in my driveway.

My wife has a 2013 Taurus SHO (3.5 ecoboost 99% same as f150). It routinely gets 27mpg at 80mph and no shit gets 28.7 at 90mph. That is straight freeway for 350miles (range of fuel tank) with cruise control set.

They can get MPG, if they are not ask yourself am I getting more work done.

Last edited:
    File this under dinosaurs are dead, but my '95 compound turbo ram 2500 will pull 20.2 mpg if I keep her under 63mph.

I wonder what sort of vertical 1J has?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4WrtBGAfclE" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder what sort of vertical 1J has?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4WrtBGAfclE" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want to punch you in the arm. Real hard. :rolleyes:

You just think it is quick now. I tuned mine with a Livernois tuner from day one. It is like a freaking race car.

A buddy at work was a Ford Mechanic in Aberdeen. He had some info regarding tuning it as well. I see blue and reds in the rear view mirror again. I'm probably gonna end with a talking to again.

great job man, shes a beaut

Thx buddy. Not looking forward to the next 5 yrs of Top Ramen n Oatmeal. Is what it is I suppose. Now get that pic sent to me. Your thread is getting cray cray. ;)

Thx kill_zone67 Damn happy with it so far. Found out this morning I may want to put my sand filled inner tubes in the bed. Was pretty icy out so I pussed out and put it in 4H after a couple 'moments'. ;)

Didn't we have this conversation already? :rolleyes:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"696","width":"500","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/mHTqc4F.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Didn't we have this conversation already? :rolleyes:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"696","width":"500","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/mHTqc4F.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

You know, we did. It's funny how the end results were the same. :eek: Now don't be mean. :rolleyes:

Real trucks don't have spark plugs haha

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KLWRWHB8P34" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KLWRWHB8P34" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're scaring the shit outta me. Uh oh, please. Hold comment...........:rolleyes:

i think i felt the shudder, from the talk of propane all the way down here

I'm fucking 'marked', ain't I. Kinda like that guy that did well all his life and then one day gets caught fucking a Goat. From that moment forward all he's known for is being a Goat Fucker. :eek:

You brutal Bastards.

So I figured out how to reset the "MPG Avg" display. :confused: I set the cruise on my way in this morning for my roughly 50 mile trip and no stops, except the stop sign bout 1 mile from residence. I know the display isn't gonna be all that accurate and I'm gonna have to keep a log when I filler up later this evening, but damn. Like I said, if I can get something that starts with a 2 for the avg mpg from residence to work and back, I'm golden!!! We'll see and I'll keep ya posted.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/wRqANBe.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Better Pic after I parked at work.

CPvdCeA.jpg

Last edited: