• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The truth about drinking alcohol and fitness

Re: The truth about drinking alcohol and fitness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Article Linked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At the end of this article I'm also going to show you how a hopeless drunk like myself can stay lean while drinking on a regular basis.
</div></div>

I got to this line....and knew I'd read it all the way through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Pretty interesting read if you can stomach the biochemistry. </div></div>

He's essentially spot on. I expected the usual anti booze hysteria, and he supplied the goods. His conclusions in terms of how to counter the booze are theoretical at best, but well thought out. If I know I'm going to be drinking, I may back off on the carbs for a few days, and or up the output, etc.

The article covers nicely the fact that a few drinks a week are not a major issue to either health (in fact, it may be a benefit to health) or fat loss per se.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Article Linked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At the end of this article I'm also going to show you how a hopeless drunk like myself can stay lean while drinking on a regular basis.
</div></div>

I got to this line....and knew I'd read it all the way through. </div></div>

Well he's doing something right:

DSC00316.JPG

[/quote]

Well he's doing something right:

DSC00316.JPG
[/quote]

CW,

When I send you those pictures of me without a shirt on, I would appreciate it if you would keep them to yourself and not share them with everyone.

-Pat

It has a lot to do with your age and metabolism too! I used to be in great shape and hardly ever work out. I started bar tending and drinking 3-4 times a week and all of a sudden i was a chubby girl. I hit the gym and it helped but I didn't lose all the weight until I stopped the cycle of drinking. You think Na I just have to work out but no way jose alcohol affects you in many ways. Plus its very high in calories yes even liquor! You'll probably see greater results if you stop drinking altogether. PS low cal mich ultra and all that bs doesn't help.

Alcohol, and sodas - both horribly sugar filled.

Soda has the equivelant of 4 cups of sugar per 12 oz - high fructose corn syrup.